Itron Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Needs Change"

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Itron operates in a market with that will continue to grow. Energy and water is critical for the any society. The ability to use these resources more effectively are increasingly important as water and energy is increasing in price and water shortage is a major problem in many areas around the world. Itron has a great market opportunity if it can capture it.

Cons

Itron claims to have a strategy but it is not understood by its employees and its not coherent with what the company is actually doing. This causes confusion and inefficient execution. Part of the problem is that Itron has been built through acquisitions and the different companies has never been integrated properly. This results in a culture of intense internal competition and lack of transparency all to gain resources and power for you company fraction. The above has been acknowledged many times in meetings etc. over the last 5 years but nothing has changed.

Advice to Management

Create a vision and strategy that is understood by the employees. Enabling the employees to help executing towards the vision. Break up the fractions in the company and promote transparency and cooperation.

"Very dirty management, very sneaky"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy traveling, it's a good company for that, but otherwise the pros aren't much. Not many pros, but anything they don't have to pay for is a pro, as they love to overcharge their clients.

Cons

Let's see, where do I start...
    1) Low ball on their offers, by over 20% of the market rate. Very little to no advancement, if you push them by saying you will quit, you might get a push but it's not worth it to beg for it - everyone in the company has a big mouth!!
    2) I was told I will only be traveling 50~70%, ended up at over 95% for the year and working weekends for no overtime or PTO exchange. I also was told that every 3 weeks of travel, you will be given a week to work remote, guess what - that didn't happen.. maybe every 3 months you might get a week remote (home). If you don't like seeing your family and friends except on weekends, then this job is right for you!
    3) Management doesn't think about talent, only focus is money, and how much they can use you before you run out of fuel. Talent is leaving, right an left due to the fact management is too wall Street driven.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees, stop only looking at numbers, because you aren't advancing in the industry due to loss of amazing talent due to your narrow minded approach to market.

"Not Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

I worked at Itron (More than 5 years)

Pros

None not a good company

Cons

benefits are not good for a large company

Advice to Management

None

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owenton, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owenton, KY

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not many anymore. The company used to take care of its people, but has shown a lack of consideration for production employees.

Cons

Lack of caring for production employees. Very unorganized when it comes to management, logistics, quality, and so much more.

Feb 13, 2017 – Director Global Talent Acquisition

We encourage you to voice your concerns to your business line's HR leader. Itron has always made it a priority to treat employees fairly and with compassion. Thank you for your input.

"Not a good tech environment, Political, Nepotistic. New ideas are not welcome."

Former Employee - R&D Position in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - R&D Position in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable Salaries and Reasonable Hours

Cons

Very political. Bullying is common. Priority given to avoiding liquidated damages over all other considerations.

Advice to Management

Monitor familial and friend relationships between upper management and staff. Upper management should not vacation or be best friends with subordinates or those they work closely with. Managers should not directly or indirectly manage family members.

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and input. As our culture is adapting to meet our future strategy, we are working to understand local site practices and develop leadership... More

"Company gets worse every year"

Current Employee - Engineer in Waseca, MN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Waseca, MN

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clean work environment as long as you stay away from the epoxy equipment. Great people besides management.

Cons

Management has no clear direction on anything. No bonuses. No profit sharing. Hard work will get you nowhere. No chance of moving up.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your employees than your shareholders.

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We encourage you to speak with your local management to provide specific details and help us... More

7. "An unpleasant environment"

Pros

Colleagues are pleasant. They pull together and can be supportive

Cons

A very political place to work. Very demanding.

Advice to Management

You have many good dedicated people at Itron. You should appreciate them.

"hell on earth"

Former Employee - They Couldnot Make Up Their Minds in Felixstowe, England (UK)
    Former Employee - They Couldnot Make Up Their Minds in Felixstowe, England (UK)

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

they now are giving their employees free coffee, laugh

Cons

Company values = 0, this company is out for profit only they are not interested in their staff.
    They cant even design working meters.
    most of the management are walking moronic idiots

Advice to Management

you are the most unethical company in the entire world, I feel ashamed I worked for you.

"Worst management, ever"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Sumaré, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Sumaré, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technical opportunities, decent paycheck.

Cons

Worst management, lazy HR, don´t follow their own policies .

Advice to Management

I worked there for almost 4 years and I had the worst manager ever. Even though several people complains about his attitude and bad care of employees, HR did nothing. Only after the situation got catastrophic, they moved to make some changes but it was way late and nothing could be done to save an entire R&D department.

"Manager"

Pros

Autonomy is given to the employees at ground level

Cons

Too much politics amongst the top management, which is unhealthy to the lower staff

Advice to Management

Top management need to visit the sites to understand what is happening at ground level.