Itron Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"No work, Managers are bossy"

Pros

Work is less and hired people are more as they are acquiring new facility
    Looks in the same pace they will fire in near future.

Cons

Not much works.
    Bossy culture.
    If works come only senior person do it

Advice to Management

Hire how many candidate is required

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are very sorry to hear that you do not feel you are getting valuable work. We will continue to grow and acquire other companies to remain ahead of the game and leaders in the industry. However, it... More

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People care about you and your development. They do a lot of volunteering and fitness programs. Overall very interesting industry with a great company.

Cons

Difficult work but it is very fulfilling. It can have the vibe of a big company where you can't get in contact with others very easily. But the pros of working here outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

They are doing everything right!

Jun 15, 2017 – University Recruiting Program Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad to hear you are enjoying everything Itron has to offer!

3. "De plus en plus difficile"

I worked at Itron full-time

Pros

Un groupe international, un marché mondial en plein essor , des compétences et des produits de qualité

Cons

De moins en moins d'investissement pour développer le marché européen (y compris la France), une gestion rigide depuis les US, ambiance difficile en interne

"Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is doing some cool work in an important sector of the utilities industry. The technology is exciting and kept me interested in my work.

Cons

At the time I was there, management seemed to be having an identity crisis, and it was difficult to get a grasp on priorities... which resulted in sudden priority changes. In the training and documentation organization, we were constantly in a reactive status, which made laying in a good foundation for successful training programs extremely difficult. Management was sometimes promoted due to seniority rather than competence, which created leadership gaps and reduced morale.

Advice to Management

Aligned organizations should be working together, and not struggling toward conflicting priorities. Management positions should be based on high-performers and then supported with appropriate leadership training.

Jun 15, 2017 – University Recruiting Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are constantly making efforts in all of these areas and hearing this perspective is so important to our continued growth.

"Itron"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Pros

Professional company, nice place to work, friendly people and supportive culture, good benefits, opportunities to progress, global footprint with opportunities to travel.

Cons

Company strategy is often not clear. Feels like everything is a work in progress. Changing goals and priorities.

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. As we continue to grow and adapt to the industry it is our goal to make sure we are constantly communicating our strategy within the... More

"Good Company if you dont want to work or learn"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Work Timings.
    Not much work in most of the projects.
    Good Salary
    Especially good for women and senior people who want to settle down and not do much work

Cons

Not Much Learning Scope.
    Bonus are not given every year.
    The Bangalore management is only interested in increasing the headcount - recently more than 80 contractors were made as Full time employees - without much thought to capabilities.
    Many teams are being set up for more than 4-6 months without much work.
    Most of the sustenance projects and old technology work is sent to India - More than 70% projects are in stages of sunset or fix and fail stages.
    Very less career growth as there is not much work - people are relaxed and chilled out.
    Bad quality of work is done as the projects sent to India are Bad

Advice to Management

Increasing Headcount by hiring bad people does not mean you are successful.
    Improve HR and Senior + Mid management in India

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We're definitely disappointed to hear this feedback, but appreciate your candidness. We want all of our employees to feel fulfilled in their job, but we understand there are always growing pains. We... More

"Company gets worse every year"

Current Employee - Engineer in Waseca, MN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Waseca, MN

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clean work environment as long as you stay away from the epoxy equipment. Great people besides management.

Cons

Management has no clear direction on anything. No bonuses. No profit sharing. Hard work will get you nowhere. No chance of moving up.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your employees than your shareholders.

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We encourage you to speak with your local management to provide specific details and help us... More

"Boring place and depressing attitudes"

Former Employee - Associate Design Engineer in West Union, SC
    Former Employee - Associate Design Engineer in West Union, SC

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent pay, especially for this area
    manufacturing and R&D under one roof
    relaxed work environment much of the time

Cons

It's located in West Union SC and there is hardly anything to do there
    There isn't very many other places to work in the area so be careful buying a house
    The products they make are pretty boring to the general public
    Many or most of the people there are pretty old
    they don't have a fitness center and wont let you throw frisbee in the grassy fields

Advice to Management

give more incentive to meet goals and deadlines
    work closer with the design engineers and notice who is actually doing the work

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We do try and take care of our employees through compensation and regular activities and events to provide a rewarding and engaging... More

"Over all a good place to work"

Current Employee - Back Up Team Leader/Operator in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - Back Up Team Leader/Operator in West Union, SC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very good

Cons

Requires a lot of over time

"Average place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance.
    Less work pressure.
    Flexible time.
    Kind of good technology work. But it may apply to only few team.

Cons

Bonus are not given consistently. Bonus are always given less than 80 % and some years even 0% was paid. And there is no transparency in number.No intimation, no letter about bonus and what is basis of calculation.

HR especially Indian HR is worst. They have to come out of room and talk to people. Policies has to be defined properly and communicated to employees. Policies usually goes by mouth to mouth, instead of HR communication. Now this is not 20-30 people company.

Career growth on technical side is not clear. And even there is no correspondence between designation and role.

Mind set is like of service company. If some one has worked in product company expect same thing, they will be displeased.

Recently they changed lot of contractor to permeant, in that few not worthy people were also transferred. Off late management in India is looking for man count than quality of work. So they are hiring without knowing what to do with people.

Advice to Management

Good that it has more focus on service model. Please continue on that. Also try to focus on non utility application(like gas, water and electricity) and more on value added to utility.

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate your candidness. As we continue to grow in this region, polices and procedures will continue to evolve and it is important that these be communicated across the company. We use... More