Itron Reviews | Glassdoor

Itron Reviews

Updated February 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance sometimes can be affected (in 7 reviews)

• No training - use it up and throw it away mentality (in 5 reviews)

"Not bad.."

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

Company gives you a lot of time starting off as a new employee. Respects time off and benefits are pretty good. There are plenty of resources within the company that you can reach out to.

Cons

Hours can be a bit extensive for the amount of pay. Training was not there. Opportunities for advancement within the company are not there. Very large company, limits amount of time off that you can accumulate.

Advice to Management

Invest more into training instead of throwing employees in there blind. Let current employees know of the advancements that are possible in the future. Company culture is currently not there.

Itron Response

Nov 22, 2016 – University Recruiting Mnager

As we begin to re-evaluate our training and development opportunities, we appreciate insight from our current employees. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for your patience as ... More

"Very dirty management, very sneaky"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy traveling, it's a good company for that, but otherwise the pros aren't much. Not many pros, but anything they don't have to pay for is a pro, as they love to overcharge their clients.

Cons

Let's see, where do I start...
    1) Low ball on their offers, by over 20% of the market rate. Very little to no advancement, if you push them by saying you will quit, you might get a push but it's not worth it to beg for it - everyone in the company has a big mouth!!
    2) I was told I will only be traveling 50~70%, ended up at over 95% for the year and working weekends for no overtime or PTO exchange. I also was told that every 3 weeks of travel, you will be given a week to work remote, guess what - that didn't happen.. maybe every 3 months you might get a week remote (home). If you don't like seeing your family and friends except on weekends, then this job is right for you!
    3) Management doesn't think about talent, only focus is money, and how much they can use you before you run out of fuel. Talent is leaving, right an left due to the fact management is too wall Street driven.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees, stop only looking at numbers, because you aren't advancing in the industry due to loss of amazing talent due to your narrow minded approach to market.

"Accountant"

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

too much bosses. big bosses not taking care of employees just the Co

5. "Software QA"

Pros

Worked with some great folks and a single product for several years.

Cons

Was never able to get hired out of contract.

"Service Manager"

Former Employee - Canadian Service Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Canadian Service Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Itron full-time

Pros

I had the privilege of working with good people

Cons

No vision, company was always in flux. Culture changed for the worse two years after they went public and then purchased Schlumberger electric division. In quick succession, all the original Itron people went out the door and were replaced by Schlumberger personel. Culture went in the toilet and there were never anymore corporate team building events. Employees were made to feel that although you did a great job; you had to justify your position.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like the assets they are. You wouldn't be in business if it wasn't for all the little people who helped get you there.

"RF Design Engineer"

Current Employee - RF Engineer in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in West Union, SC

Pros

Good workplace, nice people, and great project

Cons

Slow pace in daily work

8. "Good Company - High Expectations"

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

This company has a very professional human resources department, excellent upper management leadership, and thoroughly thought out documentation of everything that happens in the engineering process.

Cons

Understaffed in some areas of the plant.

"Company Changing"

Former Employee - Senior R&D Project Manager in West Union, SC
    Former Employee - Senior R&D Project Manager in West Union, SC

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great relationships, many people there a long time, cutting edge technology for utility industry

Cons

Recently adopted the strategy of people are expendable to manage the bottom line, don't follow their own corporate policies, very subjective performance evaluations. Went from best work experience to worst with the change of boss.

Advice to Management

Actually treat your employees as your greatest asset rather than just mouthing the words.

Itron Response

Nov 22, 2016 – University Recruiting Mnager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As we grow and adapt to the market, it is crucial that we are constantly evaluating where we are and where we want to be as a company ... More

"Needs Change"

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Itron operates in a market with that will continue to grow. Energy and water is critical for the any society. The ability to use these resources more effectively are increasingly important as water and energy is increasing in price and water shortage is a major problem in many areas around the world. Itron has a great market opportunity if it can capture it.

Cons

Itron claims to have a strategy but it is not understood by its employees and its not coherent with what the company is actually doing. This causes confusion and inefficient execution. Part of the problem is that Itron has been built through acquisitions and the different companies has never been integrated properly. This results in a culture of intense internal competition and lack of transparency all to gain resources and power for you company fraction. The above has been acknowledged many times in meetings etc. over the last 5 years but nothing has changed.

Advice to Management

Create a vision and strategy that is understood by the employees. Enabling the employees to help executing towards the vision. Break up the fractions in the company and promote transparency and cooperation.

11. "Field Engineering"

Former Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom to make positive changes (sometimes), it's also a company with very good benefits.

Cons

Some managers didn't have our backs when it came to dealing with the customer. Management consistently ignored their SOP (one that they created) and would throw employees under the bus (and proceed to drive it over them). It's as if they were afraid to tell the customer that they are/were wrong.

Advice to Management

Clear communications with employee and follow the plan. If there are changes to the plan make sure this information is passed on to the employees ASAP. Be accountable (something that is stressed to the employees by upper management).