Ivanti Reviews | Glassdoor

Ivanti Reviews

Updated June 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • AppSense believes in the work/life balance and is a great company all in all (in 13 reviews)

• great people that feel like family (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • As far i see is a little room for growth opportunity, Lack of communication, some of the team all they do is eat and play game (in 4 reviews)

• Not a lot of integrity in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. "Channel Account Manager"

Former Employee - Channel Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Channel Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ivanti (More than a year)

Pros

Great company atmosphere with perks like Presidents Club

Cons

Quarterly Business Reviews conducted regularly

2. "Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Software Staff Engineer in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Software Staff Engineer in Sandy, UT

I worked at Ivanti (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none. There are none, there are none

Cons

I was laid off two days after being employed by Landesk, on a friday afternoon at 4PM. On monday morning, they said they made a mistake. I worked my butt off for them, tons of non paid over time, weekends. No thanks from them. They made millions from my software. Two years later, they send my job to china and lay me off.

Advice to Management

take care of your people or you will have no people

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ivanti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic co-workers, marketing, HQ, training, sales kick off meetings. In general, I was treated well at LANDesk. Great benefits. Great HR.

Cons

Upper sales management nefarious at best. Unreal some of the things I observed. Poor treatment of channel partners at times. Deal registration a huge issue for this company. Upper management has no soul. Mediocre pay.

Advice to Management

CEO is fantastic, articulate, vision, and I feel is a great leader. Nothing they don't already know, they lose talent due to under compensation. I loved working for LANDesk, even with mediocre pay, I would have stayed their definitely if it were not for shady sales management. Heartbroken really after how I was personally treated after everything I did for this company. On the acquisitions, again nothing they don't already know, .... don't become a mile wide and a foot deep. i.e. wavelink, letmobile. That said, I still root for LANDesk. Hope this company achieves its goals.

4. "Shavlik was the best place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Support Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Ivanti (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and great people to work with. I always had the opportunity to learn and grow. Even under Landesk ownership working for the Shavlik division was the best!

Cons

Landesk management of Shavlik made it slightly less adaptable, although there was good collaboration between the teams.

Advice to Management

Allow remote employees - many of the jobs don't require being on location all the time. Really this is the only reason I quit, because I was not allowed the opportunity to work remotely (or from another location) even though it would be 100% successful.

"Good for those who work hard"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Ivanti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities are there for people willing to put in the work. If you want to go above and beyond, they'll provide material and educational resources above what your job entails. Shadowing another position is common for those who want to move laterally, and most hiring for open positions starts internally.

Cons

Often people become dissatisfied with what's required to move up, so they leave. This puts stress on the current team, though that isn't really the company's fault.

Advice to Management

When hiring, emphasize that employees need to put in the work, and bring a high level of competency to the team. Bring on people with ambition, instead of hiring just to fill gaps.

6. "A Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Public Relations Specialist in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Public Relations Specialist in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Ivanti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for LANDESK was one of the best experiences of my life. I worked in marketing and the team was amazing. Everyone cared about the work being done and gave their best efforts everyday. The management was fair and always available if you had questions or concerns. I've never had managers that cared about my own personal success more than when I was at LANDESK. Not only are the people who work their dedicated to making it a better company, you won't find a better team to work with. I made some fantastic friends there that I will sorely miss. If the opportunity of a lifetime had not presented itself to me I would still be happily working there. Also, the benefits are almost as awesome as the team there. It is a great place to work and you should consider yourself lucky if you land a gig there. There are much, much worse places to land.

Cons

Not really a con, not everyone gets along ALL the time, and that's OK. You're going to find that anywhere you go-- in most cases much worse.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I know LANDESK is headed in an awesome direction and is going to do great things!

7. "Business Analyst III"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Ivanti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Currently, company is in a growth stage, via acquisitions.
    In my current role, there is constant work and we are a team driven environment.
    I get to work with many different technologies and get the opportunity to learn more.
    Benefits are good...tuition reimbursement

Cons

Little room for growth opportunity.
    Lack of communication.

Advice to Management

Communication...other than sales goals, have no idea what company mission or objectives are.
    Project management...developers should not be managing their own projects.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Ivanti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. My colleagues in all departments are welcoming and the company really cares about their employees

Cons

The only con is that my direct boss has no clue how to manage our specific team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the solid good work.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ivanti (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, benefits, product, events. It's a great company to work for.

Cons

Direction of the company, selling a "luxury"

10. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cary, NC

I have been working at Ivanti (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of smart and creative people that have passion for the brand and the product. AppSense believes in the work/life balance and is a great company all in all!

Cons

I really do not have any cons, I think AppSense is a great company with a lot to offer if you are a go getter. It is fact paced and challenging and you have to step up to the plate to create success, this isn't a position for a cruiser or a lazy person.

Advice to Management

Management has always been great here as well, most are eager to support and be involved. There is a true desire to all be on the same team and create success for all here at AppSense.