Ivie Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Warren C. Ivie

Pros
  • Great people who work together to help each other and fanatically serve clients (in 8 reviews)

• Great company culture, great experience with Walmart (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Balancing growth is always challenging with work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Very low pay for most people unless you are the owners good friend (in 8 reviews)

1. "Ivie is great"

Current Employee - Production Artist
    Current Employee - Production Artist

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic team environment and culture!

Cons

Sometimes working with clients can be challenging, but I feel every company gets that though.

"Graphic Design Intern"

Current Intern - Graphic Design Intern in Boise, ID
    Current Intern - Graphic Design Intern in Boise, ID

I have been working at Ivie as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good people, large clients, good culture

Cons

Interns don't get paid that much for what they actually do. Occasionally long hours and sometimes unrealistic deadlines.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they're worth, especially interns.

3. "Traffic Manager"

Current Employee - Traffic Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Traffic Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They strive to hire good people who are looking out for each other. Functioning as a team is important.

Cons

It can be a challenge to have a solid development plan. It's hard to continue growing.

5. "Ivie is a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture at Ivie, and my managers genuinely care for their employees and what they want to do in their careers. The work is fun and challenging and my teammates are more like friends to me. I enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Filling in positions takes a long time, I've been without a direct manager for 6 months. Pay isn't very competitive, but I'd rather take lower pay than work somewhere I hate.

Advice to Management

Hire replacements quickly to reduce load. Raise pay a little bit to stay competitive.

6. "Production Artist"

I have been working at Ivie full-time

Pros

Great communication throughout the company and very friendly coworkers.

Cons

Working at the client and not close to corporate can make you feel distant at times.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job.

"Opportunities are what you make of them"

Current Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ivie is a great place to launch a career in marketing and advertising. With the company constantly growing, there are always opportunities to explore new challenges. Leaders are almost always promoted from within, meaning that many of the new hire opportunities are more entry level. Ivie gives you plenty of opportunities to take control of your own career path and to define your own future.

Cons

Ivie can sometimes be very slow to add additional resources, which can often put burdens on existing teams to increase workloads to accommodate. Ivie does this to protect the associates that they have rather than proactively hiring for anticipated growth that may or may not come.

If you are looking for a place to clock in at 8 and clock out at 5 every day, ivie is likely not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Provide more power and insights to middle management - with so many VPs and SVPs, decisions often get made at a very high level without explanations or clarification trickling down to the rest of our associates in a timely manner.

8. "Great Teamwork"

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people who work together to help each other and fanatically serve clients.

Cons

Same challenges of any large marketing company, but I feel like our leadership at least tries to face these challenges head on instead of burying them.

Advice to Management

Keep listening.

9. "Great Company and Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Pros

The culture is one of my favorite things. Most departments even have their own culture steward, who individually are an amazing asset. If you are feeling down, a steward won't hesitate to turn that frown upside down. Ivie makes sure you feel not only comfortable working for their company but that you are PROUD to work for their company. The family style environment that they encourage is something that I can find myself never finding anywhere else. The flow of employment makes it always easy to access and know who you need to speak to and the HR department is one of a kind!

Cons

Sometimes working for clients can be tiresome. Since Ivie is mostly contracted out by some of the biggest clients, longer hours are often required to get the job done. But because Ivie has some of the biggest clients around the country and world, the reward is beyond worth it and those few extra hours you put in, will feel like nothing.

Advice to Management

Keeping client based employees involved with the Ivie based employees. Sometimes I feel like the employees who work onsite with clients get left out of some of the culture activities.

10. "Bookkeeper"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

So many great things....the Ivie's are great people, they care about people, charities, their community. There is a great culture here.....fun, hospitable, caring. Something fun is always going on. I've been here over 8 years now...I love it!

Cons

I do feel that sometimes upper management doesn't always want to deal with issues head on within the dept and we feel dismissed and unimportant sometimes. I know they have a tough job, I just wish we felt valued a little more.

Advice to Management

Take a little more time with us, smile, say good morning, ask how things are going or if there are issues important to us and when we bring them up, act on them and do what you say you will.

11. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, on a team full of great people who know what they're doing

Cons

Not much room to grow at on-site offices, pay could be better

Advice to Management

Don't promote people who don't deserve it