Ivie Reviews | Glassdoor

Ivie Reviews

Updated August 8, 2017

Warren C. Ivie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people who work together to help each other and fanatically serve clients (in 11 reviews)

• They do their best to ensure a work life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Balancing growth is always challenging with work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Very low pay for most people unless you are the owners good friend (in 9 reviews)

"Manager"

I worked at Ivie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing at Ivie for me are my teammates. We are a tight-knit group who work well together and support each other as we all work to support our clients.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, and not a whole lot of room for growth.

Advice to Management

Benefits are great, but people want to be paid well for their time and effort put in. Work-life balance could use some work too. Most importantly, client service associates are not the client. They are a support team for the client the same as all other teams in the company. Putting them on a pedestal above all other teams does not help overall company morale. If it weren't for all teams working together for our clients, there wouldn't be a company.

2. "Great company to start with"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ivie has an awesome company culture, work life balance and plenty of free food.

Cons

Lower pay and no real career advancement opportunities.

3. "It's a hard balance"

I have been working at Ivie full-time

Pros

Push you to do the best and be above and beyond the competition.
    Great family values and culture.

Cons

Very little work life balance.

"Things to know; Worked in multiple locations."

Current Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incredibly efficient and productive.
    Have identified how to make a profit in areas most agencies avoid. (Think high volume low margin.)
    Tremendous growth for an organization.
    You will gain more experience in one here than you will in two years at another agency.
    Project turn-a-round time is incredible and we efficiently accomplish more than any other agencies I have worked for with fewer staff.
    Operationally, we are a very well engineered and oiled machine.

Cons

We don't reward our all-stars.
    Bonus structures don't reward performers.
    We haven't created a culture of mentorship.
    If feels like we expect our employees to be available 24/7.
    The easiest way to get a promotion it to move locations - that unfortunately punishes employees who are specialist working across all clients at HQ.
    While we accomplish things that most agencies can't, we have created a workaholic culture. -I shouldn't have to get on to employees for taking conference calls with clients on their vacations, after a baby is born, etc. - it isn't just my team, I could seriously call any director or manager at 9pm, have them answer the phone and solve a client's problem before the next day.
    We do a ton of high level work but don't enter award shows or self promote. - I appreciate the humility but we are an agency! Seriously, when a client ask us to submit our work for them and we win, you have proof that we should do this more.

Advice to Management

I have had many employees leave after 2 year for $20k+ increase. I have been fortunate to have relationships with my subordinates that they feel safe to talk to me about their opportunities. I have to be honest with them and tell them to focus on the opportunity and if it is the right fit, go for it. ($20k increase - you have to go for it.)

We provide a tremendous amount of experience for eager employees but end up burning and churning them. After 7 years, one of my co-workes doubled her salary when she left. Doubled! That speaks to the experience gained here but it also speaks to how we value our experts and all stars. A year after that she was promoted at her new company and proved that she was a huge asset to us.

OT for employees under 47K shifted a huge workload to senior employees that were already working heavy hours. - Should have run an algorithm to identify hours billed by position, then identified typical billings and then adjusted rates and billings accordingly. That cost should be shifted to clients: 1. They deal with the same thing and 2 we are a better value than our competitors.

Don't be fearful of increasing rates that have been stagnant for the last 5 years.

We need to be more vocal in recognizing our all stars. - The worst thing I was told by an employee was that I was the only person who ever told them thank you or good job. Affirmation needs to come from our senior leaders and be a continual driver to culture. Our services departments like IT, Prepress, Accounting, Print Buyers, etc. all help me do my job well and we don't publicly tell them thank you enough. The argument that "it is their job" and they should be thankful for it says more about the people who think that way than anything. We need an executive push to thank the people who do their jobs well. If you are a VP or higher, take 5 mins once month and call 1 employee who has done a great job and tell them you appreciate them. That is 60 min over one year. You waste more time on conference calls waiting for clients to get on the line in a month than that.

That is the interesting thing about the reviews here. I can see that we burned a lot of people and I can tell who many are by what they said. I would suggest that we didn't say thank you enough.

We accomplish more in 3 months than most agencies do in a year. Lets be proud of it!

Our new acquisitions are interesting and help growth but we need to ensure we set the same expectations with them that we have for ourselves. We should also consider rotating leaders across business units. That would develop our leaders better and give a better perspective to our divisions.

5. "Print Buyer"

I worked at Ivie full-time

Pros

Clean office. Nice group to work with. Built internal system to support processes.

Cons

Very strict on work hours. Close to zero flexibility (even if your clients are on the east coast and you are there to support them on their time zone). Low pay.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to take ownership for their work and provide flexibility in work schedule!

6. "Pleasant Place to Work"

I worked at Ivie full-time

Pros

Wonderful environment
    Great Culture and plenty of company events
    Good benefits

Cons

-Could be more competitive salary wise
    -Understaffs certain departments

Ivie Response

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Thank you for your honest response! We pride ourselves as being a great company with a wonderful culture and competitive benefits for our employees. We are constantly growing and strive to keep up... More

7. "Traffic Manager"

Current Employee - Traffic Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Traffic Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They strive to hire good people who are looking out for each other. Functioning as a team is important.

Cons

It can be a challenge to have a solid development plan. It's hard to continue growing.

Ivie Response

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for your honest feedback! We would like to help you with your development plan. Please reach out to a member of your HR department (we are ready and willing to help in whatever capacity we can... More

8. "On-Site Office"

Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator
    Current Employee - Client Services Coordinator

I have been working at Ivie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. I never felt like I couldn't ask anyone a question, very team spirited mentality. Corporate cares about culture and doing things as a team

Cons

If you work on site with the client it's a very different atmosphere than HQ. Every office is different, culture is less important. No much opportunity for growth, very repetitive.

"Production Artist"

Former Employee - Production Artist in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Production Artist in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Ivie (More than a year)

Pros

Good equipment, clean environment, good technical and HR support. Fair pay and benefits.

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication, not very friendly office culture. No room for advancement unless willing to move.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and value opinions, ideas and contributions. Give praise once in a while for a job well done.

"Graphic Designer"

I have been working at Ivie full-time

Pros

Great culture, decent benefits and fair pay.

Cons

High stress job with very tight deadlines and very difficult clients. Questionable promotion practices. There are some very talented people not progressing to the positions that would really benefit the company and some very mediocre employees rising the ranks with little experience or knowledge.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where your successes and failures come from.