Ivory Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Clark D. Ivory

1. "Great people"

I have been working at Ivory Homes full-time

Pros

One of the best parts of working for Ivory Homes is the great people throughout the organization. This gives Ivory a family feel. I am surrounded by professionals who are all very approachable.

Cons

Ivory is always willing to change/improve, though sometimes these changes aren't communicated throughout the organization.

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing such a great work environment. Please continue to improve internal communication.

2. "Great company with great values and is an industry leader"

Pros

Ivory is the industry leader and you have so many tools to be successful. There is a great culture of continual improvement and goal setting. Ivory is very disciplined and sticks to its principles. There are great team members and staying power in the industry. Even during a down market Ivory still finds a way to succeed and continue building homes. Great leadership, team environment with opportunities to succeed and move up.

Cons

Lots of long hours and sometimes it feels like a good old boys network.

Advice to Management

Be more open to input from others outside of management who at times have a better feel of what's going on on the front lines of the industry.

3. "Very Exploitive Employer when if comes to non-competes"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ivory Homes (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very low turn over not because they take care of their employees but because they utilize extremely broad non-compete agreements to enslave the little people in their organization

Cons

Ivory believes that they are the only company doing credit repair, building houses, or apartments in the state of Utah and instigate highly exploitive non-compete agreements that ban their employees from taking a job in any real estate related field no matter what they did for Ivory or how small they are.

Advice to Management

Non-competes are for companies who have real trade secrets not common work that everybody in the industry does. Non-competes aren't for entry level employees making less than 45k per year. Stop abusing your people.

Ivory Homes Response

Feb 22, 2017 – COO

We value feedback in an effort to constantly improve. Unfortunately, the reviewer has not represented them self and Ivory's use of non-competes accurately. It is true Ivory experiences low ... More

"AMAZING Company INCREDIBLE People"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ivory Homes (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ivory Homes values its people and it shows! In my over 25 years in the workforce I have never worked for a company that truly values and cares about its people like Ivory Homes does. It is not just something they say, it is something they do! I love coming to work every day, I love the people I work for and with, and I love the positivity that permeates throughout the company. I have never worked harder, nor been happier in my professional life than I have been since I joined the Ivory team!

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to achieve a personal life/work life balance, although this is more a reflection of my personality than anything else.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Terrific people and company"

I have been working at Ivory Homes full-time

Pros

The people are awesome and make work enjoyable. A principled company with integrity. Ivory Homes stands behind their homes and works hard to make people happy. This has been the best job of my career and many of my coworkers feel the same way. The longevity of so many employees speaks volumes.

Cons

A very hard working culture that sometimes makes work/life balance challenging.

Advice to Management

Thank you. Management works hard and is approachable.

7. "Be very careful working for Ivory Homes"

Pros

Solid stable company with no upward movement.

Cons

This is not the company to work for if you have aspirations for improvement and increased pay. It is a family owned business where the only people that move up in it are family members.

Advice to Management

Give someone who is not related a chance.

Ivory Homes Response

Feb 22, 2017 – COO

We appreciate the feedback. Regarding the concern raised, the vast majority of the management team is not related to the Ivory family.

8. "Horrible Experience"

Pros

It was a job and they did give me a paycheck.

Cons

Stay clear of the "number one home builder" in the state. You will be better for it.

"Fun culture, great people"

Former Employee - Sales & Marketing in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Sales & Marketing in Murray, UT

I worked at Ivory Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people there are amazing! Getting the chance to work with sales, architecture, design, management, marketing and others was the highlight of my time there. They are truly great people who work hard, don't take themselves too seriously, and have fun working

Cons

Working for a family business has its pros and cons. Although not a huge issue, having to deal with the overlays that come from the family business being passed down from father to son brings with it some difficulties. Salary for Sales Consultants was fair and equitable, but the base salary for those working half sales / half staff is extremely low. Only way to get buy in that hybrid role is to kill it selling. But the salary for full-time staff seemed reasonable.

"Great company. Great people. Great opportunity."

Pros

I worked as a sales consultant and had a great experience. I really enjoyed working for Ivory Homes. They have a great product and a great team.

Cons

None that come to mind. As in any new home sales role, the hours can be challenging as it is a lot of evenings and weekends. But Ivory is closed Sunday which is great.

Advice to Management

None that come to mind. Perhaps adjust the working schedule to 10 to 6 from 11 to 7 for the model homes. This would provide a more balanced work/life schedule.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great company, great culture, and great people! No micro-managing and management cares about employees.

Cons

Compensation can be more competitive. Other than that, no complaints!!!