Find jobs for Repair Technician

Ivy Technology Repair Technician Reviews

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 4 of over 40 reviews

1.6

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 2.0

Unorganized and Chaotic

Jul 30, 2021 - Repair Technician in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Pay, Steady Work, Get to listen to music

Cons

Obnoxious Co-Workers, Unorganized, Management doesn't listen to their employees at all

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A circus of mismanagement and chaos (Louisville Location)

Sep 23, 2021 - Computer Repair Technician in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only positive I can think of during my time at Ivy Technology was that I received a paycheck

Cons

Ivy Technology was one of the worst experiences I’ve put myself through. I worked for Ivy for a school work requirement and it was one of the biggest jokes I’ve had the displeasure of participating in. This whole place feels like you’re in high school with the way everyone treats each other. Starting off in the Getac repair department, I worked under a manager (for privacy sake he will be referred to as J instead of his real name) Not only was J a walking HR nightmare, he also struggled to switch to the right input on a computer monitor or even understand the basics of what we did in our department. Not exactly the type of manager you want in a company focusing on you know… technology. J would continuously make rude remarks whether it be about an employees work or the employee themself. This guy was also a broken record player of claiming that “this work is like the army, sometimes you gotta make tough decisions”, whatever that means. Nothing ever even happened to back up this statement or cause it to be said, I think he just liked hearing himself say it. After switching over to the Dell repair department, my direct manager was better, but thats not saying much. The “manager” role in this case, was simply walking around and complaining to people about their numbers being down. This department also had “mandatory” overtime, making the expected schedule 7:00 AM-5:30 Monday-Friday, and 8:00AM-3:00 on Saturday. This was every weekend, some employees not even having a Saturday off in up to 4 months… Employees were often promised “gift cards” as incentives to stay up to 3 hours late to get more units out the door for the day. I personally know of 3 separate occasions where people stayed late and never received anything. When asked about the cards, management would often say it “wasn’t a high priority right now”. I could go on for days and days, but to summarize it all with a nice cherry on top, a guy from corporate came in with a suit to address our falling numbers and one of his compromises to make the “workplace better” was to turn on the air conditioning… Stay FAR away from Ivy Technology, an extremely toxic work environment.

1 person found this review helpful

VP-HR

I am sorry to learn that your tenure with Ivy was not positive, be assured we are listening & learning . Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us, we are focused on creating a great work environment for our team whilst managing our growth.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

This place should be investigated

May 25, 2021 - Repair Technician in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They hire ANYONE off the streets.

Cons

They hire ANYONE - even for management. Lots of harassment, no training, severe health risks (HOT as heck every day & floor stripping/sealing a lot), not enough tools & work spaces, major pay discrepancies, horrible “management”, and SEVERE SCHEDULE FLUCTUATIONS WITH NO PRIOR NOTICE!

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

VP-HR

Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. The combination of covid restrictions coupled with significant growth has led to some challenges which we have worked hard to address. The following measures have been put in place to enhance employee experience and recognise the efforts of our team members. We have hired 2 additional trainers We have lowered the temp on our warehouse AC unit We purchased fans for each work bench. We introduced snack Fridays to say thank you to our team members We have introduced Employee of the month for each business area based on productivity , quality and attendance We have introduced “Cheers from Peers” where associates vote for their employee of the month. - all employees of the month receive a gift card and a paid day off as well as their picture up for month and was recognized in the all hands meeting in front of all their peers,

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Ivy

Aug 20, 2021 - Senior Repair Technician in Etobicoke, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Customer is dell and Microsoft

Cons

The Sallay rate is low and it doesn’t have clear organizational chart

Be the first to find this review helpful

VP-HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We would be interested to you hear more regarding your concerns, can you please discuss with a manager or a member of the HR team.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews