Izod Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "High School Job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Izod part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The manager was very flexible with my school schedule. It was the perfect first-job for a college student.

Cons

We all got raises at one point, and nobody got more than $0.15 / hour. People literally got $0.08 raises.

2. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Flemington, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Izod (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice summer job. Easy place to work. Great first experience running a cash register.

Cons

Long shifts on your feet. Managers were not the smartest people.

Advice to Management

Make the work environment more comfortable. A simple retail job does not need to be that stressful.

3. "New Job And Not Optimistic"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albertville, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albertville, MN

I have been working at Izod part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far the people are nice.

Cons

The company has policies in place that promotes treating their workers like criminals. I understand that they have had employees steal from them in the past, but that is true with customers as well, and they don't check their bags before and after they leave. I find this both degrading and insulting.
    The hiring process could improve as well. It took a long time before the manager of the store could even hire me because she needed approval from higher ups that are not directly involved with the store. At least, that is my understanding from what she told me.

Advice to Management

You could build employee loyalty if you treat them better. I don't mean increasing the discount or adding more perks, I mean treat them like human beings who are capable and trustworthy.

5. "Not a bad place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Izod full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The discount was great. Certain managers really understood the work life balance.

Cons

Very clickish, felt like high school all over again. If you fit in you will not have any problems there.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is going on around you. Morale is poor and needs to be addressed. They recently have had some management changes and hopefully this will help the company get back on the right track. If not I am not sure about the future.

6. "Basic retail sales position with an ever-changing and growing company."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at Izod full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous associate discount, exciting new company direction, excellent 401(k) benefits, amazing dental plan, sky rocketing stock prices.

Cons

Izod provides a typical retail establishment. Focusing on the Outlets, traffic is high and sometimes unmanageable. Stores are allotted hours to schedule based on sales achieved for that week - and they are always neck and neck. Having a small staff and not being able to schedule everyone for their desired (or hired) weekly hours creates a tense working experience. The Human Resources department in Bridgewater, NJ are helpful when it comes to basic questions, but confused when facing challenges. Daily direction from the company used to be back and forth, but now that PVH (parent company) has acquired Warnaco, each division seems to have a clear focus on their individual directions in upholding their brands.

Advice to Management

Train Human Resources more on one-on-one challenges : i.e. an associate is being harassed, multiple offenses to policy associates, when there is an injury on the job - seeing that corrections have been made to prevent this from happening again, etc. It almost feels like there is an underlying union with this company. Create a No-Retaliation policy - employees almost feel threatened and/or that their job is on the line when coming forth about an issue that needs immediate assistance. Also, promote within via face-to-face interviewing and qualifying for positions. Way too much hiring outside of the company while others are passed up and left sitting in their positions for years on end. Do not rely solely on word of mouth from direct supervisors - their advice is not always made between two agreeing parties.

7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor

Pros

work life balance, fun customers, small specialty shop,

Cons

the pay was not that great.

8. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Not a lot of people worked there, so you had the chance to be involved in setting up the floor sets with the manager and other side projects

Cons

The particular store location was really slow, so you would eventually run out of things to do which is not gratifying.

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial to create more side projects for the "slow" times in the store.

9. "Benefits"

Pros

I found the company's benefit package to be very competitive and employee friendly. They also offer a very generous employee discount.

Cons

Compensation for hourly associates not competitive.

10. "Great First Retail Job"

I have been working at Izod part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Very laid back work environment
    -Easy-going, compliant Customers(for the most part)
    -Solid hours for part-time employees
    -Good experience with customer service/relationship
    -Great experience with retail employment in general. (Managing a cash register, learning about taking inventory, etc.)

Cons

-Work can be mundane/Boring
    -Little window for salary increase(especially as Part-time employee).
    -Co-workers could be difficult to work with, but it is all dependent on where you work and who works there at the time.

Advice to Management

Can't really think of any advice to give as I have only worked part-time as a Sales Associate.

11. "Working at the retail level of this company was enjoyable and provided a lot of communication development"

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor

I worked at Izod part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learn how to deal with POS systems, learning to develop communication skills and customer service skills, build relationships with team members to ensure the best advice is given.

Cons

Wage could be higher for the work being done.

Advice to Management

Provide more incentives for store associates to perform at their best.