J.B. Hunt Reviews in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

3.6
J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III
John N. Roberts III
1 Rating

Pros
  • Engineering department has a great community, good work-life balance, interesting projects (in 23 reviews)

• Great people working for the company (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life Balance is challenging (in 66 reviews)

• This job includes extremely long hours (in 72 reviews)

"Truck driver"

Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good equipment, good dispatchers, many accounts, if I was tired of one account I could always try another one. I've kind of settled into the intermodal account.

Cons

Not everyone can tolerate the attitude directed towards JB Hunt drivers by the truck driving community. If you know what I mean. I frankly have trouble understanding it.

Advice to Management

Can't think of any advice for management. You people who do this job are probably underpaid. I appreciate the management team that has empathy for the problem solving nature of working by yourself the way drivers do.

2. "FMS division sucks"

Former Employee - FMS Truck Driver in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - FMS Truck Driver in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time

Pros

20 bucks an hour was nice. They had newer trucks. I can't really think of anything else good about them.

Cons

Management sucks. The truck I had broke down all the time. And they couldn't get me a rental or a different truck. Went about 3 weeks without pay before I had to quit because I couldn't afford being unemployed. Also they didn't get me my last check, about 450.

Advice to Management

Fire the idiot that runs FMS in Minneapolis. Pay your employees their last check. I spent hours on the phone and it did no good. Seemed as though management had no idea what they were doing in Minneapolis at least. One job I will never go back to.