J.B. Hunt Transport Reviews

Updated May 16, 2021

3.7
J.B. Hunt Transport President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III
John N. Roberts III
Pros
  • "Good pay for the work requested(in 58 reviews)

• "Many great people I have met during my 9 years at hunt(in 49 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can have long hours on occasion(in 122 reviews)

• "Work life balance is not really possible in this role(in 107 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of J.B. Hunt Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Experience

May 16, 2021 - Operations Manager in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Teams - Family Atmosphere - Fast Paced -Hands On

Cons

lack of opportunity - lack of training

2. 5.0

Innovative

Feb 14, 2021 - Director of Logistics in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly innovative company focused on high growth and technology. The leadership really care about the people and are invested in growing the organization.

Cons

All growth opportunities and career advancements happen in corporate. Oftentimes as a seasoned professional you will find that leadership has absolutely no clue about the true nature of the business nor the team that they are leading. The VP's are typically moved from asset to non asset several times and are relying on the Sr. Directors & Directors to help guide theor decisions, however those people typically are from the same divisions as they are from so it's the blind leading the blind. It's deeply frustrating to try getting anything done from a business perspective if you are not in Lowell because a Coordinator or Analyst in corporate that has an entry level role can override a decision or effort of a Manager in the field and will get support from leadership in corporate. Much of the inefficiencies are built into their model making things extremely difficult to conduct business. This isn't the place for a serious professional that has lots of experience because all of leadership has been within the organization for 30+ years and still believe much of the old structure is appropriate for the organization today when it's actually the organizations achilles heel.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Local Driving Gig

Apr 23, 2021 - Local Inter-modal Driver in Lancaster, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay, Decent benefits, Good Equipment, Steady, Consistent Work. Most issues can be reasonably worked out locally, but any issue I had with local management was always swiftly addressed by corporate management when needed.

Cons

Pay is seniority based, so regardless of prior experience- you start at the bottom. Your fleet manager determines your success. Some loads are easy money while others take forever. Pay is activity based, so the more you do means the more you make.. The longer it takes- the less you make. If you have a poor attitude, and/or don’t get along well with your fleet manager- you can be given the less desirable loads where you sit, and sit.. Plan on 12hour minimum days. As with any job in trucking- You suck, and It’s always your fault..

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Social Media Manager, Corporate Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - we take all comments into consideration.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Lack of Growth Potential

May 12, 2021 - Truck Driver/Trainer in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for Pay is Competitive Benefits are great.

Cons

Lack of Growth Potential Pay is maxed out New Drivers are earning same as Vested 10yr drivers within 90 days.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company and good team support

May 12, 2021 - Carrier Support in Lowell, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, support in anything you need help in or explain again to you.

Cons

At the moment I don't have any cons towards anything and anyone.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

May 12, 2021 - Capacity Procurement Representative in Saint Paul, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

People I worked with were good Great training Lots of room to grow Fastest pace of job I have ever worked

Cons

Work weekends periodically Minimum of 50 hours a week

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

2 years at JB Hunt

May 12, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Lowell, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are united in the single purpose of achieving the goals of the company.

Cons

I didn't experience any negative situations.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company

Mar 6, 2021 - Regional Service Manager in Lowell, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are an amazing company to work for from Day 1. When I was with the company a little over a year during a physical they found an anamoly in my bloodwork which turned out to be a form of stage 3 bone marrow cancer. After working around treatments for almost 2 years and through a transplant snd time off on disability they held my job and allowed me to work from home or have flex hours never affecting my finances. When I came back in under a 18 months I was approached by a former manager who recognized my work through the times I was ill and after I returned from my transplant snd was recruited into a coveted position in corporate. They have been hands down, nothing but a great company to work for I could not see myself ever with any other company after 6 years. I plan to make this and have made this my home.

Cons

Like every job there are coworkers who are “bad apples” but typically they are weeded out quickly.

9. 5.0

Great

May 12, 2021 - Transportation Manager II in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employer with solid benefits and relaxed work enviornment

Cons

It can get busy at times and certain tasks may seem tedious

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Solid job

May 12, 2021 - Driver Recruiter in Rogers, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, good management, no forced overtime

Cons

Forced everybody back into the office quickly during COVID

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,726 Reviews