Cover image for J.B. Hunt Transport

John N. Roberts III
1,254 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of J.B. Hunt Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Intern Review

Nov 23, 2022 - Internship in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good learning experience, tons of real world exposure

Cons

Poor work life balance, drivers can be difficult at times

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

We are so glad to hear that you’ve had a positive experience and appreciate you sharing your feedback!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

pulling unifi trailers

Nov 26, 2022 - Semi Local Driver in Ridgefield, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The more trailers you move the more you make. paid $25 per drop including the trailer drop back to the yard typically dropping 8 to 12 trailers a day some days are slow maybe 4 to 6 millage was around 0.68c to 0.72c i believe. after-tax you typically take home $1350 to $1900 depending on your tax filing in Washington same routes are very common so you tend to learn the place you're going fairly quickly. at this Ridgefield Unifi place, you usually pull a short trailer 38ft to 48ft, and sometimes you get the 53ft but that would most likely be fewer drops and more miles.

Cons

a lot of downtown city delivery in Seattle and other major cities some places have insane blindside backing. dockworkers don't know how to put straps on tall heavy pallets sometimes so you will have to double-check your load unless you wanna spend your day picking up dairy on the floor and restack inside a cold reefer electric pallet jacks aren't always the best when they are not charged and lack of them available.

3. Join the J.B. Hunt Transport team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent to their people, hard to move up if you're not a Type A personality

Oct 10, 2022 - Background Verification Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

On the whole, they are good to their people. Their PTO and Parental benefits could do with some updating, but they recently did a massive update to their pay scales to keep up with the rising cost of living, and most of their managers are

Cons

It can be very hard to promote if you aren't a Type A Perky personality. I've been passed over for promotion multiple times for people who have been here less than half the time I have, don't know their job as thoroughly as I do, but are very perky and outgoing. I am more reserved but always willing to help out and be a team player. In my previous role as an onboarding specialist for two years, and despite being knowledgeable, helpful, and well-known for being good with clients, was only able to lateral. Other teammates there for 3 months were able to promote, while I was denied even the opportunity to interview. Not saying the others didn't deserve the opportunity, but each time I was passed over, it was for people with the same personality type. Annual reviews also follow antiquated rules. We get told that only Supervisors or higher rate an "exceeds expectations", even if we commit to overtime, offer assistance with team, or try to go above and beyond.

1 person found this review helpful

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Employee feedback is important to us, so we appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience. If you would like to speak with someone about your concerns, we encourage you to contact the People Support Center. Thank you for being part of the J.B. Hunt team!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Work/Life Balance, Benefits, PTO

Oct 27, 2022 - Recruiter in Lowell, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is lower across the board with JB Hunt but does have a great work life balance in most positions company wide. Employees Start off with 12 days of PTO, 6 paid holidays, Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance with decent premiums around 200 weekly for a family plan, company match 401k, very good work life balance and not overwhelming and a GREAT culture, definitely an amazing family feel.

Cons

Low pay compared to a lot of companies, but they try to be competitive; remote options are few and given to select employees if you’re a favorite employee; sometimes it feels like growth can be difficult to find if you’re not one of the inclusive groups they try to appeal to (so “inclusive” they become “exclusive” sometimes)

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We appreciate getting feedback as it helps us improve for all our employees!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Employer!

Nov 10, 2022 - Accounts Receivable
    Business Outlook

Pros

Department environment is fun and positive. The managers are all very well liked and more like a co-worker but expects you to do the tasks set before you. The directors are very easy to work with and will always jump in to help you out and be on your side when issues arise.

Cons

Departments constantly changing locations on campus and changing processes constantly which is not bad as it’s progressive but it’s not a consistent work process so be prepared to learn constantly!

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

We’re glad you’ve had a positive experience working with us! We value employee feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thanks for being part of the J.B. Hunt team!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Solid company and great carrier

Nov 15, 2022 - Truck Driver in Dalton, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responses from three different managers were quick, responsive, and worked with me when I had scheduling issues.

Cons

Long wait times for road service. Management can be vague at times. Nothing out of the usual for your typical company.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Nov 19, 2022 - Software Engineer 2
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, great management, very accommodating, cares for the needs of workers and their families

Cons

Can be demanding on developers at times

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Typical trucking company

Nov 20, 2022 - Local Truck Driver in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of work and you can do other accounts.

Cons

The high paying work can slow up. And you’ll see less money on your paycheck.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Job I’ve ever had

Nov 20, 2022 - Manager Trainee in Dover, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good support staff. No complaints.

Cons

None. Wish I came here years ago

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Thank you for the review! We love hearing positive feedback from our employees. We appreciate everything you do and are happy you’re part of our team.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Family friendly and safe!

Nov 18, 2022 - Financial Analyst in Lowell, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Job security Amenities

Cons

Pay - you’re signing away a part of your income for a better work life balance and job security.

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Thank you for the review! We value feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,563 Reviews
</>Embed

J.B. Hunt Transport Reviews FAQs

J.B. Hunt Transport has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 2,778 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at J.B. Hunt Transport to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, J.B. Hunt Transport employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at J.B. Hunt Transport. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

70% of J.B. Hunt Transport employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated J.B. Hunt Transport 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at J.B. Hunt Transport to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with J.B. Hunt Transport Job Seekers