J.B. Hunt Transport Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
68% would recommend to a friend
(284 total reviews)
John N. Roberts III
79% approve of CEO
Found 284 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about J.B. Hunt Transport
The Work-Life Bowl
a year ago
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Ugh! I can’t stand office cliques! Annual review 3.5/4 (among the best/promote immediately) is what my evaluation said, yet I’ve been passed over 3 times. 1: I applied and wasn’t given a response that I wouldn’t be interviewed until after the interviews had been completed. 2: I was told, “we want to judge your response to not being interviewed”. Since my response to the first time was asking my co-workers how the companies promotion process worked. 3: not even told of the promotion option. J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Got a burning question about J.B. Hunt Transport? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with J.B. Hunt Transport employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay and Home Time was Good!" (in 217 reviews)
- "People are Great!!!! and helpful" (in 163 reviews)
- "Good benefits and 4 day work weeks." (in 140 reviews)
- "money and culture is great" (in 74 reviews)
- "Having a good work environment is fundamental in determining whether or not you'll like your job." (in 47 reviews)
- "there is No work life balance" (in 129 reviews)
- "Long hours and lots of traffic" (in 117 reviews)
- "Poor management and workers." (in 115 reviews)
- "Working long hours when necessary with and without rewards." (in 51 reviews)
- "Generally your account gets charged if another manager covers for you which hurts your ability to bonus." (in 48 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of J.B. Hunt Transport and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Mar 9, 2017Fleet ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Ever changing challenging work with room to move, now have PTO for less then one year
Terrible work life balance and no lunches
- 4.0Sep 4, 2023Operations ManagerCurrent EmployeeSoutheastern, PA
Pay and incentive bonuses are good.
Work life balance is hard to find and uncommonJ.B. Hunt Transport Response3mo
Thank you for your review. We are always working to improve, so we appreciate you sharing your feedback. Thanks for being part of the J.B. Hunt team!
- 4.0Jun 29, 2021Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
I was able to move to a full time remote role which has helped tremendously with my work life balance.
J.B. Hunt DCS is an around the clock job.J.B. Hunt Transport Response3y
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thanks for being part of the J.B. Hunt team!
- 2.0Mar 28, 2015Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLowell, AR
Learn a lot in a quick amount of time. You are given a lot of responsibility and have a lot of freedom in your work.
There is no work life balance and management runs very thin. A lot of turnover which puts a lot of pressure on every employee. Vacation time is not honored and puts the managers in position of either quitting or giving up their time. Everyone that leaves the job gets a better job making more money and working a shift that involves an actual work life balance.4
- 4.0May 2, 2023Class A Truck DriverCurrent Employee
My account has a small company feel. I have good management. They never micro manage us. We have new trucks. We have our own trucks. The job is easy. We don’t touch freight and don’t have a night shift. It’s easy to get time off when needed. We get paid hourly and over time over 40 hours. Usually work 8-10 hour days and average about 50 hours a week so work life balance is decent.
We have driver facing cameras now. Pay could be better. There are no annual pay raises or opportunities for growth. Work 6 days a week regularly.1J.B. Hunt Transport Response7mo
We appreciate the feedback and all of the important work that you do as a driver! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Drive safe!
- 3.0Mar 27, 2023Transportation Manager IIFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Decent pay for a first job
Depending on what schedule they put you on at first work life balance can be up and downJ.B. Hunt Transport Response8mo
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always working to improve and appreciate hearing about the experiences of our employees.
- 5.0Dec 20, 2022Logistics Engineer IICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLowell, AR
I love the culture and the work life balance here!
No cons to share from hereJ.B. Hunt Transport Response12mo
We’re glad you’ve had a positive experience working with us! We value employee feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thanks for being part of the J.B. Hunt team!
- 4.0May 10, 2023Customer Development RepresentativeCurrent EmployeeLowell, AR
They are a lot of options how to grow
They are backtracking on how they want to give people as much of a work/life balance as possibleJ.B. Hunt Transport Response7mo
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for being part of the J.B. Hunt team!
- 5.0Jan 13, 2021Logistics Engineer IIFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLowell, AR
Great culture/ work and life balance
Lack of quick vertical movement, promotions are given on a yearly basis rather than when deserved so if you miss the cutoff you lose another yearJ.B. Hunt Transport Response3y
We appreciate your review and are glad you had a positive experience!
- 1.0Oct 27, 2023Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Bernardino, CA
Opportunities come and go relatively often
Upper management does not care about anyone but themselves and their own careers. Everyone is too afraid of getting fired for messing up to be able to be flexible within reason. As soon as you want to have a work life balance you are shunned and banished.J.B. Hunt Transport Response5w
While we’re very sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience working with us, we do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. If you’d like to speak with someone about your concerns, we encourage you to contact the People Support Center.