Cover image for J.C. Hart

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

975 Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=J.C. Hart~327287
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Sep 16, 2022 - Leasing Specialist in Carmel, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is exceptional and goes above and beyond in everything they do.

Cons

To my knowledge there are no cons

HR Assistant

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad that you've enjoyed our culture and we're fortunate to have Associates like yourself that go above and beyond each and every day!

2. 5.0

Proud to work at J.C. Hart Company

Aug 23, 2022 - Manager Operations Data and Analytics in Carmel, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at J.C. Hart for a little over 4 months and it has been a pleasant and rewarding experience. I believe that leadership here has our best interests in mind. They all have positive attitudes and are always willing to answer questions. I've been impressed with all the events this company has organized within the short span I have been here which promotes the one-team culture and allowed me to meet our property teams. Really enjoy that this company is focused on growing the business without compromising the associates' well-being in mind.

Cons

Some properties can feel disconnected at times. Would like to see more competitive benefit options.

HR Assistant

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled to hear that your experience has been both pleasant and rewarding, and we look forward to having you on the team for many years to come. As an employer, our company culture is of utmost importance to us, so we're glad to hear that you've enjoyed our culture so far. In keeping with our Core Values of Innovation and Teamwork, we appreciate your feedback, and we encourage you to share your specific areas of improvement and recommendations with our Executive Team.

3. Join the J.C. Hart team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Top notch employer!

Aug 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly love working at J.C. Hart for so many reasons. We build quality apartments and treat our Residents with respect. Our hiring process is unique and we hire excellent people who align with our Core Values. Our benefits plan is robust and we have great PTO and 401k matching. Our HR team does a lot of work each year to make sure our benefits are affordable for everyone. The Executive Team are all friendly and approachable. I love the people I work with, I feel that I am able to add value to the team, and I feel supported by my team. I look forward to coming into work each day!

Cons

Some minor growing pains from time to time, but nothing too significant.

HR Assistant

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! Our hiring process is very methodical and intentional and allows us to seek out top-talent who strongly align with our Core Values. We're happy to hear that you enjoy the people you work with and enjoy coming to work each day, and it sounds like you have a strong sense of purpose and belonging at J.C. Hart. We're so fortunate to have you as a member of our Team, and we appreciate your feedback.

5. 5.0

Productive and peaceful workplace

Sep 13, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Westfield, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, I am very satisfied with JC Hart. The corporate office makes it a goal to keep every team member informed of both professional and personal achievements. JC Hart is one of the most structured companies that I have worked for, every team member is there to help you in times of need, and they have just about every resource available at any given time - which only makes your job easier!

Cons

Compensation could be better. At times, you are often called to work after hours but there are overtime opportunities.

HR Assistant

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear that you feel supported, and we love any opportunity to celebrate our amazing Associates and their personal and professional accomplishments! We look forward to having you on our Team for many years to come.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Place to Work (literally)

Jul 29, 2022 - Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with home life needs, caring, compassionate, understanding, focused on your career path individually, into afraid to spend money on development for career growth.

Cons

My only con would be increases in wages each review period do not match the current influx in cost of living.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Assistant

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. As one of our valued Associates, you know we place a lot of emphasis on our Core Values, so we're happy to hear that you feel our Passion toward our Associates and our commitment and dedication to your Development. While we are experiencing unprecedented inflation nationwide, J.C. Hart is proud that our average merit increase is well above the national average year after year, and we do our best to make sure our benefit offerings exceed state and national averages. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to having you on our team for many years to come!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

J.C. Hart is a great company!

Aug 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility. This company has allowed me to work in different positions over the last 24 years as I began a family and as my family's needs changed. Benefits. I am paying less for Medical insurance today than I was 5 years ago. I love my team, and I look forward to work every day.

Cons

No cons. I love this company!

HR Assistant

Thank you so much for your review, and congratulations on 24 years with us! Upholding our family-oriented culture is of utmost importance to us, and we're thrilled to hear that you enjoy coming to work each day. We look forward to having you on our Team for many years to come!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company of great culture, and who invest in their employees.

Jul 29, 2022 - Maintenance Supervisor in Carmel, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my 5 1/2 years at J. C. Hart, I have been given countless opportunities for growth as a technician, leader, and individual. I have never felt more appreciated than I do here. Their passion and grit pulses throughout the company. They make sure to invest in their employees, not as assets but as people. Great benefits and numerous opportunities for growth.

Cons

I have yet to have discovered any cons

Human Resources Assistant; Wellness Coordinator

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We take pride in living out our Core Value of Development, so we're thrilled to hear that you've had the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Our people are truly our biggest differentiator, and we look forward to having you on the team for many more years to come!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Core Values-Leadership & Development

Jul 31, 2022 - Community Manager in Greenwood, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are surrounded by a team that encourages you to be the best. We have many options to learn and grow like Leadership Dev and ECE training. I've never felt so connected or supported by a company.

Cons

Not enough help at times,

Human Resources Assistant; Wellness Coordinator

Thank you for the thoughtful review. We highly value your feedback, and we're so happy that you feel connected and supported by your J.C. Hart Family. We are lucky to have you on our Team!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love my job!

Sep 13, 2022 - Leasing Specialist in Westfield, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Lovely people -Family-like culture -Fun events -I love my role and what I do

Cons

-Hourly compensation could be a little better, compared to industry friends at other companies. -Sometimes have to work after-hours for events... but at least they're fun! And it's only once or twice a month, and you have plenty of advance notice.

HR Assistant

Thank you so much for your review. It makes us so happy to hear that you love your job, the people you work with and our company culture. We are proud to offer merit increases that are on average well above the national average year after year, and we work extensively to make sure our benefit offerings exceed state and national averages to make up a wholistic and well-rounded compensation package.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

10/10 would recommend!

Aug 3, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Westfield, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic corporate and executive team, beautiful properties, plenty of growth and training opportunity, tons of fun events throughout the year, volunteer opportunities

Cons

I have absolutely no cons.

HR Assistant

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience during your time with us. We look forward to having you on the Team for many years to come!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews
</>Embed

J.C. Hart Reviews FAQs

J.C. Hart has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at J.C. Hart to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, J.C. Hart employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at J.C. Hart. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

98% of J.C. Hart employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated J.C. Hart 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at J.C. Hart to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with J.C. Hart Job Seekers