KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

J. C. Penney CEO Jill Soltau
Jill Soltau
1,231 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people I worked with were great and it was a fairly laid back environment.(in 662 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great to work alongside and I was always able to receive help when needed.(in 418 reviews)
  • "The hours are flexible and is good for a part time or a first time job.(in 416 reviews)
  • "At the I worked there the benefits were good and made a lot of friends.(in 326 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and it's close to my house.(in 215 reviews)
Cons
  • "pay was low and didnt give much room for improvement even after working for years(in 778 reviews)
  • "Poor management To many associates that don't actually work and spend time on their cell phones...(in 763 reviews)
  • "Managers are rude and expect you to suck it up and deal with it since they have the power.(in 434 reviews)
  • "No training on products they expect you to sell ( you have to learn on your own).(in 189 reviews)
  • "Hours fluctuate wildly making it hard to keep employees working full time.there is no work life balance.(in 134 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of J. C. Penney and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?