J. Crew Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

4.9
J. Crew Chairman and CEO Mickey Drexler
Mickey Drexler

Pros
Cons
  • They still had on call shifts too which were super inconvenient and some weeks you'd only have on calls (in 76 reviews)

• Getting consistent part-time hours are not guaranteed (in 62 reviews)

1. "One of the hottest retailers to be working for at the moment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced environment that allows you to meet and help a variety of different personalities. Management really emphasizes that we all work together as a team and communicate effectively, which makes everything run pretty smoothly, even during holiday. I was able to move from support to associate within 6 months, which was a great way to go. Knowing how the back/stock and register end works has really helped me as a seller. I have one of the greatest management teams, and they've been extremely accommodating with my college class schedule.

Cons

The holiday season can be really, really tough to get through. I worked the four days before and two days after Christmas without a break, and it was pretty brutal. And immediately after holiday, hours drop off almost completely, which I didn't mind with my homework, but it really hurt some of the other employees.

Advice to Management

It's amazing how smooth everything has been running thus far! Keep doing what you're doing, but make sure to keep an eye on support and sellers, because they're the absolute backbone of a store. In the grand scheme of things, we're seen as slaves, but it's better than most retailers ever treat their employees

"Loving employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

The discounts are great and J. Crew attracts very fun and outgoing people.

Cons

Some of the employees would steal sales.

Advice to Management

Friday, Saturday and Sunday should be on the same schedule because it is hard to make weekend plans when you have to wait till Thursday to get the Sunday schedule.

Showing 2 of 1,683 reviews