J.D. Power Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1. "Valuable Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at J.D. Power as an intern

Pros

Gaining an internship with this noteworthy company definitely made a positive impact on my resume and helped me develop useful skills

Cons

It seemed to be more of an individual, rather than team, working environment. People work on teams, but performance is measured more individually

2. "Directoe"

Former Employee - Director in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at J.D. Power full-time

Pros

Not really much to say, except the employee are really great.

Cons

No direction, nobody really know what to do. All the knowledge of the real J.D. Powe has gone lad off on has taken another job because of the lack of concern for anybody who works for them.

Advice to Management

Train your employees and give. Get the employees with knowledge back and you might survive. Why do not try an honest Employee Satisfaction Study and see how you rate.

3. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has visibility with many industries and many companies. There are different interesting projects from data analysis to consulting.

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment. Maybe that benefits might not be as robust as when the company was owned by S&P Global.

Advice to Management

Continue keeping staff up-to-date on changes, especially with new ownership.

4. "Good company, could be great."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The brand opens many doors. Smart people. Growing and moving into new areas.

Cons

Not very nimble. Takes time to decide anything. Wide range of management styles and capabilities.

Advice to Management

Smile more.

5. "JDP outlook"

Current Employee - Director, Practice Management in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunities with customer insights, other performance benchmarks, and Industry expertise

Cons

Uncertain future due to private equity ownership

Advice to Management

Better defined strategy. Increase communication. Resolve conflict between top line growth and bottom line obsession.

"Needs innovation"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Automotive in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Automotive in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at J.D. Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience in a little over a year at JD Power was that pretty much everyone I met or worked with was friendly. With their move into their new office space in late 2014, the atmosphere became even more congenial as the space was designed to encourage this. JD Power has a few groups you can join such as a Women's Networking group and Toastmasters. It can take a bit of effort to meet people and get involved, but the effort is worth it. Another Pro was that the JD Power company name and brand had a strong reputation. Although I found the culture and executives more traditional than was a fit for me, I did respect the leadership and felt like they acted with integrity.

Cons

For me, the culture felt very traditional. It seemed like there were some new hires in Senior leadership that wanted to drive innovation and recognized a need to improve the culture, but change is often slow with big, mature companies. Although people were personally nice, I often felt like I was working in a white collar factory among the walking dead. It felt largely like people were just there because it was comfortable and to get a paycheck. I didn't sense a lot of passion or excitement about the work. I would recommend JD Power to graduates looking to gain experience and to those who are not necessarily looking to advance their careers, but want a steady job at a respected company in this industry (and live close enough to the office that it's a good lifestyle choice to work there).

Advice to Management

I think JD Power is a great place for someone to work early in their career and gain solid experience. I think a rotation program could be created that would allow associates to work in several departments over a period of time. This would result in a more flexible workforce (with employees trained on multiple studies and business units, an agile workflow could be used to balance fluctuations in workload across the business), an increase in retained talent as associates would be more engaged and feel they were developing more professionally, overall better results for clients as associates work cross-functionally, learn from a wider group of people and therefore develop better skills. Whether this specific idea would work or not, the intent behind the recommendation is for management to recognize the need for greater employee engagement and to be open-minded in how to achieve it. Look to younger companies for solutions - they are who you are competing with - and they are not burdened by "tradition."

7. "Satisfaction Award"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at J.D. Power (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very positive working environment.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

8. "Great for a long term career path"

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn the entire process of a market research organization. Great benefits, awesone management, good career path.

Cons

This is a market research organization and not a technology org.

"Four years in"

Current Employee - Research Supervisor in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Research Supervisor in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment, positive employees, plenty of opportunities to grow and learn. My supervisor encourages me to seek opportunities for growth within the organization.

Cons

The salaries are on the low side and opportunities for more monetary compensation are limited. Many employees leave the organization only to return at a higher salary.

Advice to Management

When teams are working every moment to get their daily work done there is limited opportunity for innovation. Individuals who do the day-to-day work have the best insights into what can make the organization more effective and efficient, but they need the time to reflect on what they're doing.

"Disconnect between teams"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at J.D. Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of really intelligent people. Great location and office.

Cons

Disconnect between the teams. Transparency also an issue. Lots of rumors as to company direction and intentions

Advice to Management

Transparency