J Hilburn Reviews | Glassdoor

J Hilburn Reviews

Updated May 6, 2019

3.9
J Hilburn CEO Andy Janowski (no image)
Andy Janowski
  1. "Working as a personal stylist for J HIlburn"

I have been working at J Hilburn full-time

Pros

Create your own client base

Cons

For the most part I am working alone

J Hilburn2017-02-04
  2. "Personal Stylist"

Personal Stylist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at J Hilburn

Pros

Freedom to create my own schedule. Beautifully made product. Wonderful support from corporate. Build my own clientele.

Cons

If you aren't self-motivated, this may not be the opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your stylists. We appreciate every last thing you do to innovate and make selling easier.

J Hilburn2017-01-15

"Stylist"

I worked at J Hilburn part-time

Pros

Flexibility to create your own client base and schedule. A creative business concept. Fun for those interested in working in men's fashion or retail.

Cons

Pay structure changes frequently (often to the detriment of the stylist), making it more difficult to maintain or increase income. Stylists are encouraged to develop their teams (MLM style), but markets in smaller towns can quickly become flooded. (Better in big cities.) Company continues to increase stylist's overhead with swatches, catalogs, samples, etc. Much of this should be provided by the company so the... stylist has a chance to make money and succeed. Overall, the company appears to be moving more towards online and brick and mortar sales, and seem to be slowly taking the stylist (one-on-one in-person experience) out of the equation.

Advice to Management

Value your stylists! Understand most new stylists will struggle at the beginning. Keep overhead costs to a minimum and help them succeed, if you are truly going to continue with the MLM model.

J Hilburn2016-12-01

"Stylist Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at J Hilburn full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have recently left a position with a major NEPA healthcare system for J. Hilburn and have never been happier with a job experience. J. Hilburn cares about everyone at every level and constantly strives to better the Personal Stylist as well as improving the product line all the time. It is just mind blowing that one can have so many different people from so many different departments all striving to assist each... person at all times. Why did I wait so long? AND then to see the utter complete satisfaction that all of my clients have exuded is overwhelming.

Cons

annual conference in Dallas in July---but then the entire country was hot this summer....so what's the difference? Couldn't think of anything else...

J Hilburn2016-07-29

"J. Hilburn"

Current Employee - Associate Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J Hilburn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

With 20+ years of Fortune 100 corporate sales experience J. Hilburn equals and exceeds the best training and support I have received. Superior products, customer service to external clients and stylists. Our leadership listens to our needs and suggestions to build a better business. I am proud to represent J. Hilburn

Cons

As an independent stylist there is exceptional work life balance, but it is essential to stay plugged into corporate communications, team meetings, team building and client appointments.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to the stylist in the street who are meeting and working clients daily. We hear the clients requests and pass them to you.

J Hilburn2016-07-26

"Stylist"

I have been working at J Hilburn part-time

Pros

Incredible support, resources and talents available around the country.

Cons

Have to build a team for income to be livable.

J Hilburn2016-07-24

"Game-changing menswear company is maniacal about excellence"

Current Employee - Personal Stylist, Team Builder, and Social Entrepreneur in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at J Hilburn part-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly flexible, fun, and allows you to pull from diverse skill sets. I can be a mother and a professional. A supportive environment of excellence. A GROWING company; totally unique in the market. Uses the direct sales/MLM model to maximize value to the client and the stylists.

Cons

You've got to be self-motivated to succeed. Takes some time to build but the growth is determined by you and can easily exceed your expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible support that you're providing to the stylists. Provide incentives to have us recruit the RIGHT stylists-not ones that will end up quitting or hurting this incredible brand.

J Hilburn2016-07-25

"Excellent Above Average Compny"

Stylist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at J Hilburn

Pros

Unlimited. Potential Full Support Promo Products Best of the Best

Cons

The only con or drawback is yourself

Advice to Management

Keep doing the excellent job that you are presently about.

"Great Company"

Independent Personal Stylist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at J Hilburn

Pros

Having flexibility is key and this company delivers. Working with a great team of people from diverse background.

Cons

Business can be slow but only if you're not working hard for it. I spend a lot of money on product.

Advice to Management

Give us our tools at more reasonable prices. Especially for those just starting out.

"What you make of it"

Current Employee - Stylist in Houston, TX

I have been working at J Hilburn part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

J. Hilburn has allowed me to bring in extra money for my family and pay for some wonderful vacations. It's a business where you get out of it what you put in. - work on your own time - make your own hours - tax breaks - great resources from your team and the home office

Cons

- must be a self starter - no medical benefits - takes time to build business

Advice to Management

Health insurance for stylists.. We have enough employees to get a decent plan.

Found 48 reviews