J Hilburn "self motivated" Reviews | Glassdoor

J Hilburn Employee Reviews about "self motivated"

Updated Jan 15, 2017

3.9
J Hilburn CEO Andy Janowski (no image)
Andy Janowski
Pros
  • "There are weekly training calls and supportive stylists who share their experiences(in 12 reviews)

• "The quality of the clothing is spectacular, given the fabrics are imported from Italian mills(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "You've got to be self-motivated to succeed(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "self motivated"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Personal Stylist"

Personal Stylist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at J Hilburn

Pros

Freedom to create my own schedule. Beautifully made product. Wonderful support from corporate. Build my own clientele.

Cons

If you aren't self-motivated, this may not be the opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your stylists. We appreciate every last thing you do to innovate and make selling easier.

J Hilburn2017-01-15

"Game-changing menswear company is maniacal about excellence"

Current Employee - Personal Stylist, Team Builder, and Social Entrepreneur in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at J Hilburn part-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly flexible, fun, and allows you to pull from diverse skill sets. I can be a mother and a professional. A supportive environment of excellence. A GROWING company; totally unique in the market. Uses the direct sales/MLM model to maximize value to the client and the stylists.

Cons

You've got to be self-motivated to succeed. Takes some time to build but the growth is determined by you and can easily exceed your expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible support that you're providing to the stylists. Provide incentives to have us recruit the RIGHT stylists-not ones that will end up quitting or hurting this incredible brand.

J Hilburn2016-07-25
  3. "Great experience and personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at J Hilburn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been at the corporate headquarters full time for a couple of years, and in that time I have been challenged, encouraged, and exposed to all areas of the apparel and direct selling industries. They give you the freedom to innovate ways to improve the company, especially within your own team. They even offer a Project Management course for those who are interested. Professional development is encouraged from the top, down. The Executives are usually in the office and are approachable. They make a point to walk around and check in on different teams. Our CEO even hosts monthly lunches with different groups of employees to hear their ideas on way to improve the company. There's a lot of dedicated and passionate people here, which manifests itself in the culture. Overall, I've had a great experience.

Cons

In a few short years, we've grown a lot. With that, there are always going to be growing pains as structure and policies are put into place. If you like a lot of structure and being told exactly what to do without flexibility, this is not the company for you. If you're self motivated, innovative and know how to work hard, you'll do well here.

J Hilburn2014-10-16
  4. "Awesome!!!"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at J Hilburn part-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential is unlimited, great leadership, company has excellent support systems for the consultants. Fun and exciting, primarily untapped market.

Cons

You truly have to be self-motivated and determined to be consistently successful. This is not an easy way to make money initially.

Advice to Management

Hil and Veeral are brilliant!!!! Getting it right on so many levels, hard to find things to criticize. Most current issues arise from accessibility of training (location-wise) which is getting better every day due to expanding markets. Keep building the interconnectivity!! iPad app is great, looking forward to seeing what's next!!

J Hilburn2013-11-21