KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

J Hilburn

Is this your company?

J Hilburn

Add a Review

J Hilburn Employee Reviews about "self motivated"

Updated Jan 15, 2017

Found 4 of over 70 reviews

4.0
J Hilburn CEO Dave DeFeo (no image)
Dave DeFeo
Pros
  • "Great upbeat community of stylists and support from the corporate office(in 13 reviews)

• "Flexible role, great quality of fabrics and construction, lots of "back end" support for order entry, payment, shipping, etc(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "build a team(in 4 reviews)

• "You've got to be self-motivated to succeed(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "self motivated"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Personal Stylist

Jan 15, 2017 - Personal Stylist in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to create my own schedule. Beautifully made product. Wonderful support from corporate. Build my own clientele.

Cons

If you aren't self-motivated, this may not be the opportunity for you.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great experience and personal growth

Oct 16, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at the corporate headquarters full time for a couple of years, and in that time I have been challenged, encouraged, and exposed to all areas of the apparel and direct selling industries. They give you the freedom to innovate ways to improve the company, especially within your own team. They even offer a Project Management course for those who are interested. Professional development is encouraged from the top, down. The Executives are usually in the office and are approachable. They make a point to walk around and check in on different teams. Our CEO even hosts monthly lunches with different groups of employees to hear their ideas on way to improve the company. There's a lot of dedicated and passionate people here, which manifests itself in the culture. Overall, I've had a great experience.

Cons

In a few short years, we've grown a lot. With that, there are always going to be growing pains as structure and policies are put into place. If you like a lot of structure and being told exactly what to do without flexibility, this is not the company for you. If you're self motivated, innovative and know how to work hard, you'll do well here.

J Hilburn Response

COO

Thank you for your input. Yes, you are absolutely correct - there have been some growing pains. Fast growth, lots of new employees are a huge plus but it can be taxing on the organization. If you have any suggestions, please share them. We will add structure where it is necessary - but we want to retain enough flexibility so our employees can be innovative and inspired. Again, thank you.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Game-changing menswear company is maniacal about excellence

Jul 25, 2016 - Personal Stylist, Team Builder, and Social Entrepreneur in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly flexible, fun, and allows you to pull from diverse skill sets. I can be a mother and a professional. A supportive environment of excellence. A GROWING company; totally unique in the market. Uses the direct sales/MLM model to maximize value to the client and the stylists.

Cons

You've got to be self-motivated to succeed. Takes some time to build but the growth is determined by you and can easily exceed your expectations.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome!!!

Nov 21, 2013 - Independent Consultant in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential is unlimited, great leadership, company has excellent support systems for the consultants. Fun and exciting, primarily untapped market.

Cons

You truly have to be self-motivated and determined to be consistently successful. This is not an easy way to make money initially.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews