J.P. Morgan Reviews in Ohio | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
J.P. Morgan Chairman, President, and CEO Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon

Cons

1. "No Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan (More than a year)

Pros

Experience many different banking technologies.

Cons

Little upward growth, no opportunities, management is stagnant, no innovation, gender pay gaps, management rarely promotes from within. High expectations to work long hours, no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Development of the team goes a long way towards morality.

2. "Web Front End Developer - Corporate Events and Planning"

Former Employee - Front End Web Developer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Front End Web Developer in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, pay, opportunity for pay increase; this section needs 20 words, so I will add just what is required.

Cons

Lack of true expectations set, manager did not help with individual growth, lack of expected training - was not clarified that the training was to be on the job

Advice to Management

Be more realistic when setting and managing expectations when hiring. Show the job description as a project manager role versus a developer role. There was rarely development during my time.

3. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At the forefront of technology solutions for customers and employees. Working there was much easier than my current employer.

Cons

Inbred senior management culture with a mafioso attitude and dog eat dog competitiveness at all levels. Unhealthy, almost no work life balance, little in return.

Advice to Management

Does it matter what I tell senior management here? Too big to listen and change. I spent 9 years there and was turned into a mind numb zombie. I forgot how to think and innovate.

5. "Application Support Lead"

Former Employee - Vice President in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Vice President in Dublin, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan (More than a year)

Pros

Good medical benefits and Poor Training

Cons

Management from Executive Director through the individual he appointed as my manager was absolutely clueless
    Management shows favoritism to the Indian culture and black people which I declare as discrimination considering I was the only white person on the team. I can't say this is true across the company, but it did exist in the Line of Business I worked in.
    Work - Life balance is stressed in the company, however the job was 24/7; I worked 60 hours a week at a minimum. Management tried to cover their tracks by making sure you only logged 40 hours on your clarity time card which was clear deception.
    Opportunities are not provided on a level playing field as the Indians and Blacks are given preference.
    Yearly reviews were not evaluated fairly in the Line of Business I worked. It was stated that there was a 70%/20%/10% rating scale that dictated raises. After talking with Employee relations this rating system has not been used in the company for over 2 years. The management team was 100% corrupt.

"Management is incompetent and criminal"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It has been a stable job so far. There is a decent salary and benefits. But, too stressful, incompetence in management, and leadership sucks. It's an evil company to work for.

Cons

They give bad performance reviews for subjective reasons. Like, they will just say you were not prepared in some meetings, or not staying late enough. Management and leadership is incompetent and evil. They will make up a reason to fire, lay off, or give bad reviews. Without any justification what so ever. They don't even do one on ones or coaching prior to the bad review, fire, warning, whatever it is. They are evil. They don't care about their employees, they just willy nilly, fire, bad preformance review, or lay off people. This company is evil and no one should trust management or leadership here. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. The leadership need to be put into their place. I don't trust any leadership. Evil snakes. I am a great employee, hard working, smart, and I got a bad review/warning without any prior coaching or discussion? Unacceptable. Criminal company. I as good as my coworkers. They do not care about their employees at all. Job can be stressful and drama (he said she said) filled. Security is also mean, they ask us to always wear badges and be visible at all times. There was no communication sent to employees about the policy change. Work hard for a poor performance review, no thank you. This place is just a prison and the employees are the slaves, and the dumbest people are put into management and leadership. Run, run fast. Low morale here.

Advice to Management

See above. I made a lot of recommendations. Treat employees fairly. Bad reviews need proper justification, not subjective at all. Management and leadership need to respect employees. It sucks working here.

7. "Just about the money!"

Former Employee - MOD/SBS/PB in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - MOD/SBS/PB in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Benefits & pay. If you luck out with a good manager that promotes your hard work, you are good & in luck.

Cons

You may not be able to use your paid days off. They change policies, products & incentives constantly! As much as they promote care for employees.... they actually don't care! Will load you with work and titles but don't pay you properly for those new positions (if any extra pay at all).

Advice to Management

It wouldn't matter if I gave advice. They only care about the money they are making or loosing in constant law suits & settlements.

8. "Very interesting experience"

Former Employee - Operations Senior Specialist/Migration Specialist Lead in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was able to gain working knowledge of Escrow Administration, Clearing Accounts (bank reconciliations), and Delinquent Remittance Accounts. Also worked in retail planning.

Cons

Compensation and raise increments weren't significant. Is a very flat organization, meaning, I was 8 titles down from Jamie Dimon (CEO) but so was 100,.000 other employees. Upward movement minimal.

9. "Correspondent Mortgage Banking Underwriter"

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Cleveland, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company name to have on your resume. Co-workers are pretty good, you just have to really be outgoing and speak to people, as many employees keep a very low and quiet profile as to not bring attention to themselves. Good stock purchasing program!

Cons

If you accept a position at Chase, the most important thing to remember is to NEVER take any type of FMLA. Those who use this benefit WILL LOSE THEIR JOB!! The downtown mortgage center in Cleveland, OH is notorious for taking this action. This means that if you are pregnant and are taking leave, your should look for another job while you are on leave. If you have a health problem that takes you out of work for more than one week...find another job while you are out. If you return to work, you will undergo a systematic process to phase you out of the organization. Please do not be fooled by what management tells you, your job is being eliminated!

Advice to Management

The culture of an organization goes a long way with employees. If employees know that management does not care about employees and is centrally profit driven, the relationship doesn't work.

10. "personal banker"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits vacation sick days personal days 401k matchung

Cons

Long 11 hour days many Saturdays in a row ever changing commission scale

Advice to Management

Managers have no authority and are simply told what to do based on p&l

11. "Corporate Sucks"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager, Vice President in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager, Vice President in Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for future growth via higher positions, higher salary, many different departments, international assignments, lateral moves for learning, etc,

Cons

They regularily have multiple layoffs each year which are based on financial factors in an area and do not consider an individual's past performance

Advice to Management

Take better care of the people who ad your frequent promotions possible

Showing 37 of 11,195 reviews