J & B Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Mary E Shaya

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Recruiter"

I have been working at J & B Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is focused on offering quality products and has a strong commitment to providing superior customer service.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

2. "Customer service"

I worked at J & B Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office was nice. Supplies were given.......they eventually added a vending machine (even though the snacks were more expensive than the snacks in the store located on the main floor)

That's IT

Cons

This place sucked.....the troy location that is.

I only worked there a few months and after a short while, I dreaded coming to work!

It was EXTREMELY unprofessional!!! You could never get in contact with supervisors or "team leads" when there was a difficult situation to handle on the phone. Customers would often be very displeased with their quality of service. Training was very surface level, meaning once we were on the phones, we were lost. Policies and protocols sometimes changed on a daily. The computer Program used had many flaws and would randomly stop working while you were in the middle of a call.

You get 30 min lunches which isnt long enough. The phone queue is annoying and you MUST stay online.....they dont care if you need a second or two to rest your brain or regroup yourself after a ton of back to back calls.

Low pay, expensive benefits compared to how much you make.

I could go on and on. It was just a terrible place to work and many of the customers were unsatisfied with the business.

Advice to Management

To be a good Supervisor or team lead, you should be readily accessible to your co workers. You were not. Revamp the training so new hires aren't so lost. Once your workers get the hang of things, lay off a bit! No one wants to be micromanaged!

"Think Carefully"

I worked at J & B Medical full-time

Pros

- benefits (though the dental is nothing)
    - holiday celebrations (birthday, Thanksgiving, Tigers...etc)
    - hours

Cons

NO advancement! That sums up everything. Do not expect to go places in your job, because there is no where else to go. It's a family owned large business, but when you have to do the same thing, every day and frankly, with high turnover?... hmmmm.

"I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY’RE STILL IN BUSINESS!!"

I worked at J & B Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros besides getting check every 2 weeks. The commute wasn’t bad from where I live but really that’s it.

Cons

Blue Cross Blue Shield really needs to pull whatever contract they have with this company. They have poor computer systems, there’s a great need for new management, and honestly there are so many other things that’s just to much to include in this review. Steer clear away from this place. The pay is very low compared to other companies that are in the Durable medical equipment field and diabetic supply business and I’d highly recommend you check them out before ever giving J & B a chance. I turned down another job for this which was a HUGE mistake.

Advice to Management

They’re not going to take the advice, they are pretty good at making excuses and trying their best to quality control.

"My employment at J&B Medical Supply was enjoyable."

I worked at J & B Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues, clean work space and building, parking, very informative, 8 hour/mth leniency on work schedules, rewarding satisfaction of assisting those that can do absolutely nothing for you in return

Cons

Lack of direct support from leadership, no sponsorship (ex. no lunches, beverages, bagels, donuts, water bottles, etc.), indirect job description and/or objectives, occasional micro-management from leadership for unrealistic expectations, various trainings on redundant topics, no training for the inquiries/concerns inputted by staff, unnecessarily stressful on occasions

Advice to Management

Have a trained leader available to give direct support to staff, be receptive to input from staff and direct the training to the concerns/issues their voicing, provide some sponsorship support such as bagels, donuts, pizza, or even a coffee mug. Interact with staff whenever possible by having lunch in the break room or following thru on a binding event. Also, reward those in the office to keep up the momentum whether it be productivity levels, in office attendance, assisting others etc. Having an employee of the week/month will encourage those working hard. Let them know they are appreciated with more than a private email.

"PAY ATTENTION"

Pros

there are no pros to this company at all

Cons

If you pay attention to the good reviews they are all the same. That is because someone from the company is giving itself good reviews to through people off. This company is running itself into the ground and someone needs to come in and revamp leadership.

Advice to Management

Quit because you suck.

7. "Manager"

I have been working at J & B Medical full-time

Pros

Great company to work for! Positive work environment. Strong Leadership. Lots of opportunity!

Cons

There isn't any cons to report.

8. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Wixom, MI
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Wixom, MI

I have been working at J & B Medical full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like working at J & B. They care for their employees and treat them fairly. My co-workers are friendly and so is management. I like coming to work everyday.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like more than a full time job. We are always very busy.

Advice to Management

Would like to see them more often in the warehouse.

9. "Customer Service"

I have been working at J & B Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kind, Friendly, Customer Focused Company

Cons

There are not any cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Its a pleasure to be a part of the J&B Team :)

10. "Nice place to work."

I have been working at J & B Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the people I work with.

Cons

More flexibility, benefits and/or incentives would nice.