J&K Professional Medical Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Billing specialist"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist

I have been working at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, flex schedule

Cons

Co workers are unprofessional at times

2. "Better than most!"

I have been working at J&K Professional Medical Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun family atmosphere, work itself is not too difficult.

Cons

Emphasise on quantity more than quality. Too often different managers have different rules, and company policy doesn't apply to everyone the same.

"Don't believe all the negative reviews"

I have been working at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked here 7 years. Many people have been here much longer. That says something. Many opportunities for advancement. The job is work-focused. Period. If that's not how you like to work, you will be disappointed. Our whole business is being available for our clients who are all over the country and employees are very encouraged to be at work. No time for chit chat and down time. You have to be self motivated and determined to learn--even without enough training--you willl eventually learn and be better for it. As see from previous reviews, it might help also to be able to write appropriately in English Where did these people go to school?
    This is basically a good company who will bend over backwards to ensure your success, but you have to work hard, listen and learn and work with others to acheive that success. If you are looking for a great place for friendship and socializing, this might not be your best bet.

Cons

Salaries could be better, but they are competetive. Not all managers are equal--some are self serving, others want the best for their groups and the success of the company. The owners are on-site and approachable. Dress code is great and if you work within the rules, which are in writing and given to you in advance, you can work easily within those confines.

Advice to Management

Remember your veteran employees when you are hiring new personnel. Our salaries seem to stagnate in comparison to the new hires.

4. "Overall - Good Company to work for. ....."

I have been working at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time

Pros

Decent work environment, friendly people, average pay, on-going training, great management skills but somewhat condescending, workplace orderliness, and employee recognition by paper awards.

Cons

Favoritism, distrust of 'selective' employees, below average pay, low bonuses, incentives are okay for high school grads but not good enough to motivate 'educated' professionals...

Advice to Management

Acknowledge employees with college degrees (especially the minorities) and elevate them within the company... trust your employees enough to integrate a "work from home" system.

5. "Former prisoner"

Former Employee - Claim Representative " II " in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Claim Representative " II " in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Oh I have to leave a Pro....Hmmmm...There really isn't any but one I suppose...Laid back dress code?

Cons

I don't even know where to began with this sad excuse of a company. Now let me also say I know EVERY company has there ups and downs. No job is perfect by all means but this place is ridiculous, Upper " Management " Is a joke lets start with one of the upper management people , She is a bold face lair. Tells you one thing to your face, Then turns around and does the total opposite. Constantly talking about how " Shes in a great mood cause she just took two Valium" . Gives you a blank stare when you talk to her like no one is home. Then the other upper manager AKA a waste of a pay check prances around as if she cares, But couldn't really give a rats behind about how you are anyone else feels.Then the owners also work on site and just hide in there office like nothing is going on with their place of business. Oh and whatever you do if by a slim chance you do want to work for this horrible place DO NOT speak you opinion about anything there are you will be fired. How you ask? Oh they will make up some sorry excuse. The only thing PMS cares about is money and a few of their mangers. The bake sales they throw for their employees are a joke. If you do actually need help and ask for it don't expect it unless you need your floors redone because you charged you credit cards up too much.If you are looking for you manger because heaven for bid you have to ask them a question because you don't understand something and can't find them, I'm sure they are outside on their 100th smoke break of the day and if the do happen to be in their office don't be surprised if you get a big sigh and eyes rolled at you because you are bothering them . The training program they have well if that's what you want to call it " Training" Is a small basic how to review claims the PMS way any other way is the wrong way. Unless your a manger don't expect any kind of bonus, Even if you bust your butt working those claims and go above and beyond what is expected of you they MAY give you Jason's deli or if they are feeling generous a 40 dollar Walmart gift card while the manger's cash their almost 5000 dollar end of the month bonus. The " Christmas bonus" you may or may not get only depends if they feel like giving it to you. It doesn't matter how awesome or how much money the company makes they will find some sorry excuse not to give it to you like " Oh we put 9 million dollars in this new building so that cut into your Christmas bonus" While again the mangers are getting to cash their end of the year bonuses. Now i also know that anywhere you go you could get a bonus or not some places don't even offer it, But it's kinda hard to look past it whenever its constantly thrown in your face. This place is just sad. Untrustworthy of anything. It literally sucks the life out of you. And you may be reading this thinking " Oh this is just an upset employee who got fired for not doing their job." No i quit on my own and now I work for a better company who cares about their employees. I wish i would have listen to other peoples opinions of this prison and not wasted my time or my emotional state of mind here.

Advice to Management

Maybe TRY keeping your word and actually doing YOUR job, Instead of running around gossiping like this is the Jerry Springer show. Take your employees opinions and listen to some of them, Not all of them just SOME of them I know that is a little bit hard to understand but I have faith in you. And this is to upper Management when a employee comes to you because they can take no more LISTEN to them. Stop taking you Mangers out for mani-pedi's and painting with a twist take them to Management classes on how to better cope with employees instead of throwing 3 year old tantrums and wanting to fire them. You don't realize it but this company will be no more if you keep doing what your doing.

6. "This job has been a wonderful experience"

Current Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I have been employed with Professional Medical Services for 1 year and am completely enjoying working here. The owners are involved in the day to day and they truly care of their employees. They are continually trying to make the company culture better and better for the employees and working toward an employee focused environment. They have internal fundraisers for employees when they are going through a hard time and the owner always matches whatever the employees donate. They are one of the best companies I have worked for in providing annual reviews and providing increases to those who work hard!! The company has fun activities for the employees. Each department has decorated for Halloween and there will be a contest for the best. All employees are able to bring there kids up on the 30th to trick or treat in each department. We also just had a Breast Cancer drive to raise money and pizza, cupcakes and drinks were brought in. I have been extremely impressed with the number of long term employees here. Many of the employees here have with the company for 8, 10, 15 years. That says a lot for the company.

The company is well respected by their clients and they are continually bringing on new business which allows for great job security!!

Cons

If this company perfect, of course not. Is there room for improvement, definitely. That is with any company you work for. The company is production driven and the expectation is to reach your production goal. But the company does provide a bonus if you exceed the average production goal. They provide an extra $100.00 per pay period which is a good bonus!!

The company does not provide vacation the 1st year which is a problem for some people. After a year they do provide vacation time and you do get 40 hours of sick time the 1st year and years thereafter!!

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your employees and continue to strive to be an employee centered manager.

"Please take heed of the negative reviews on this company."

I worked at J&K Professional Medical Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had to enter at least five words for this field even though I had only one: Zero.

Cons

The 'training' was four days in a cramped room with a few other people. The hours were: Monday 10am-2pm, Tues-Thurs 8am-3pm. The training modules were misspelled, grammatically substandard for a third-graders' expectations, and froze/glitched every other slide. The quizzes over reviewed material on the slides inaccurately would sporadically show prior to reviewing the material. When advised of the issues with the training material, the trainer's reply was, "The internet must be running slow" followed by shrugged shoulders. On Friday I was put on the floor to sit with an employee that is supposed to show you how to perform your job. My experience was with a girl obviously clueless as to how to explain anything aside from giving half a sentence then trailing off to just finish the explanation with 'ya know?'. Immediately following the supervisor's departure, the girl that was supposed to be training me scooted her chair away from mine and conversed about the upcoming weekend with a co-worker, not once attempting to train/explain anything to me the remainder of the day. The next week, after multiple polite communications that I was having trouble understanding anything she was half heartedly attempting to explain to me, the response from her/the supervisor/the hiring manager I interviewed with was, "you'll get it, you just gotta be patient." The blatant hypocrisy was nothing shy of jaw-dropping when, after ONE WEEK on the floor, I was advised (by telephone) Friday evening I was not producing as much as expected and was being asked to not return on Monday. There were no production expectations communicated to me mainly because I was there for only TWO WEEKS. I was informed multiple times during my interview that the company had a bad reputation but this new hiring manager was going to change that by improving the training process and attempting to make employee retention a priority. The length of time I was there was TWO WEEKS. Never in my professional experience have I witnessed such a glaring disregard to uphold the assertions made in attempts to procure me as an employee. Without sugar-coating the scenario with anymore descriptive terms, I'll put it quite simply: I was completely and utterly lied to. There was no effort whatsoever input into training anyone in my training class, nor was there any patience or assistance given to me as a new employee. The title of this company represents one of the biggest examples of 'antithesis' I have witnessed in my life. I ask any potential candidate to heed my warning; the revolving door of employment at this company is spinning fast enough to run a car alternator.

Advice to Management

I have already wasted enough time on this company, my advice would definitely fall on deaf ears.

"This is the worst company I've ever worked for in all of my years in the medical field."

Pros

Decent hours and close to home

Cons

They don't value employees, their over the top with their rules, very outdated with their practices and the management staff is rude to stay the least. Hiring temps & having them train new staff when they barely know what their doing.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings, please update your equipment to have one monitor to access all of the applications needed isn't an efficient way to work, working on a getting a system that can interface with the hospitals is key in future, all managers need to be versed on working with people. Please create training manuals & collectors tools boxes for new employees.

"Good company, but cheap."

Current Employee - Billing Rep
    Current Employee - Billing Rep

Pros

Respectful and reward those that actually work, if you want a job that rewards those that work harder than others this a decent employer.

Promote from within.

Overall solid, but not an employer that will make you want to stay with them forever or be a dream job.

Cons

Cheap, the do supply well and aren't as tight with those that work hard. However this company is far from becoming a great employer that makes you want to stay with them. Need better employee retention.

Advice to Management

Consider focusing more on employee retention and lots of benefits for long term employees.

"A prison environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Dress code is jeans or you can wear an orange jumpsuit

Cons

No trust in employees. Watching every move and writing up for small things. You can lose your small bonus 100 dollars if you are late 6 minutes no matter what the reason.

Advice to Management

Don't tell your employees to come to work sick. It causes the entire office to become ill. Threats of being fired or losing bonus or being spoke to with no respect. Take time to find out why people leave your company and why they are planning on finding other employment. You may be missing out on talented people because a few are asking you to drive in dangerous weather and not be paid by company because a few live across the street and can make it in. That is not fair.