J&L Marketing Business Growth Strategist Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Scott T. Joseph

"Fantastic Leadership"

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Coworkers, Engaging Management/Leadership, Room for Advancement within the company

Cons

I don’t have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership

J&L Marketing2018-01-04

February 6, 2018CEO

Thank you for your kind comments. As you may know, so few people take the time to let a company know when they are happy with the direction and culture. Your review is appreciated.

"A toxic and immature owner"

Former Employee - Business Growth Strategist

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Potential to connect with people within the industry. Can come and go as you leave because the only managers are semi-retired across country.

Cons

The Owner is an immature ticking time bomb that goes off weekly firing, & chasing away the only talent in the building. Yes... Has been successful but he personally ran off the people's coat tails he's been riding for over a decade. Products are utter garbage and provide no value you to anyone with an education or automotive marketing experience.

Advice to Management

No advice on this planet could possible help except for.. Don't reply to this and put blame on me (which you always do to reviews). Take responsibility and stop blaming others or just close the doors.

J&L Marketing2018-10-16

October 24, 2018CEO

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you feel this way about your business relationship with me and even more importantly your opinion about J&L Marketing. It is my personal goal that every individual at J&L enjoys their work experience. I won't go back and forth on ...

"Overall an excellent place to work! The job is demanding."

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great place to learn how to sell. This job is made for people who love sales and want to make it a career. J&L is a leader in the industry and is well known by most car dealers. The job is more difficult than any other I have held, it is also the most rewarding! This is the best company I've ever worked for. It's fun, challenging and good sales people make a lot of money.

Cons

Keeping up with new products and improvements.

Advice to Management

Don't try to take on too much at one time.

J&L Marketing2017-09-10

February 6, 2018CEO

Thank you for the favorable review you gave our company. I'm pleased that you feel the Business Growth Strategist position is challenging, rewarding and a good opportunity to make a lot of money. I would like to thank you once again for your kind words.

"Sales"

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time

Pros

- Company culture - People and relationships - Inspiring - Variety of activities - Fast paced - Strong commitment to results - Commission and comp structure

Cons

- Some late hours - Lack of creativity in sales day to day

Advice to Management

None. I believe that they do a good job and do everything in their power to run as best as can be.

J&L Marketing2017-07-19

"It's a good job- but not a good career"

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Decent pay structure -Not a lot of employees so there is a lot of potential for sales -The other BGS are great -The managers are supportive -Can live in your territory -Lots of travel

Cons

-The automotive industry is ruthless -There is no growth in the company for the sales team -Toxic office environment -No one looks out for you -Constantly changing commission structure

Advice to Management

The management needs to create a better work environment, one that is positive and uplifting. Sales is hard enough as it is, but the toxic work environment in the office makes it miserable to work there. Something needs to change if the company is going to last.

J&L Marketing2017-09-02

September 5, 2017CEO

We are very sorry to hear that you would not recommend us. I would like to think this is uncommon. We'll work hard to improve the areas you mentioned and we'll do better. We appreciate your feedback an will learn from it. I am hopeful you feel comfortable enough to call me to discuss ...

"Bad Business"

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot about yourself and what you are looking for in your career. Mostly you learn exactly what not to do.

Cons

Well first off.... Its true, they base everything off of two books that they claim to have read. They even went as far to hire someone to come in and gauge how well they are following the books. There will always be the excuse of "We have been working things out but think we have them figured out now". The truth is they are the definition of "its not us, its you". The company is ran by a over controlling, manipulative,...

Advice to Management

You will read this and blame it on someone else and think that whatever I am doing I am not successful or happy. Best advice I could give you is to step back and realize what you have created. The "management" you have in there is not the right fit. You have created an atomic atmosphere that only the owner can fix. My advice, sell the company and let people who truly want to help others run it.

J&L Marketing2016-02-22

"Stepping Stone Sales Position"

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

This position is definitely a grinder type of role. The position did teach a lot about selling and also how to handle multiple types of people. This is a perfect position to start out a sales career but not a long term career with this company.

Cons

Extremely low base salary and low commission- definitely more sales positions (not with J&L) that will pay more and have opportunity for growth. Turnover is extremely high which has management saying it's due to the book they read called, "Traction." Reality is- they're losing great people right and left.

Advice to Management

Management has great ideas but they are ideas. They need to realize that you cannot implement an "idea" ASAP. Everything was always rushed when they came up with an idea and did not make sense when you looked at the ideas and compared to the finances of the company.

J&L Marketing2016-01-20

February 16, 2016CEO

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations and frankly of what we expect for ourselves and for our sales staff. I appreciate and respect your comments about being a stepping stone sales position because it's important to us that ...

"Good work environment but your head is always on the chopping block !"

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment Good culture

Cons

Product and client is difficult to work with/sell. Very little base pay, other companies pay way more base while still paying a great commission percentage. A lot of issues with production team screwing up your jobs, thus hurting your future and current business. High turn around ... On both sides .. Production, management and sales office. They are not scared to fire you!

Advice to Management

Raise the pay and realize how difficult your product and target is to sell to. Yes traction is a great book but how to expect to excel if you just keep losing people left and right.. How can you not see this is hurting you in the long run!!! You need managers ! You need better education and training for employees instead of just chopping them as soon as they make a mistake!

J&L Marketing2016-01-17

"Business Growth Stategist"

I have been working at J&L Marketing

Pros

Great work environment, laid back and relaxed

Cons

Long hours for low pay turnout

Advice to Management

There is no management

J&L Marketing2015-10-14

"Award winning company who truly cares about the customer"

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time

Pros

I've seen first hand what this company is willing to do in the name of customer satisfaction. I like working for a company that I know stands behind what it sells. Senior management is dedicated to growth, customer satisfaction and helping me make more money. This is the best job I've had.

Cons

It's hard to think of any. Can have long hours but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the effort to make this company better.

J&L Marketing2015-06-28