J&L Marketing Promotion Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Promotion Coordinator

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott T. Joseph

Pros
  • J&L provides great training and resources necessary to do your job (in 30 reviews)

• Working for J&L Marketing has given me the opportunity to travel across the country (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No downsides that I've seen in my 3 years of working for J&L :) (in 13 reviews)

• The company is hemorrhaging good employees left and right (in 3 reviews)

Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great position, especially if you take advantage of building long term relationships with dealerships. Another pro is the opportunity to travel!

Cons

No downsides that I've seen in my 3 years of working for J&L :)

Former Employee - Promotion Coordinator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Promotion Coordinator in Louisville, KY

I worked at J&L Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This position will help you build your confidence, public speaking skills, hone your sales skills. J&L provides great training and resources necessary to do your job. You get to travel to various dealerships and meet lots of people. Excellent part-time opportunity especially while in college. The company is based in Louisville. KY but promotions are nationwide.

Cons

There were no cons in this position.

"Perfect College Job"

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with J&L has allowed me to travel, meet tons of professional connections, and make a pretty good amount of money while doing it. Love J&L!

Cons

When you have to balance work travel with a busy school schedule, it can be sort of stressful. But definitely worth it in the end!

Advice to Management

Be more efficient with scheduling. Often we only get 1-2 weeks notice for when we will be travelling, more would be ideal.

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for J&L has been great marketing/sales experience. They are very flexible with your schedule and you get to travel to a lot of cool places!

Cons

Some months you won't get any events to work but that's why you get a second job while working as a promotion coordinator

"Such an amazing job"

Current Contractor - Promotions Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Contractor - Promotions Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at J&L Marketing as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

*Flexible- I've been doing this job since 2007 on and off because it works so well with my schedule
    *Travel- usually it's within a 2 hour radius of my home, but I've been to San Francisco, LA, Vegas, Chicago, places I wouldn't have been going to on my own. Always in nice hotels
    *Incentive and reward- they recognize good work, I've consistently been given raises due to good reviews, and I was upgraded to a trainer/mentor as well
    *Easy- as long as you can talk to people and have a professional rapport, it isn't a difficult job
    *Pay- when I started as a college student I couldn't have ever expected to get that starting pay anywhere else

I've gotten at least 6 other people to PC. I definitely recommend it.

Cons

*Consistency- certain times of the year are slower, so the money isn't always consistent

Advice to Management

Let PC's know if a dealership had an issue with their last PC or promo, so we can know what to expect more walking in.

6. "Promotions Coordinator"

Current Contractor - Promotion Coordinator in Bellerose, NY
    Current Contractor - Promotion Coordinator in Bellerose, NY

I have been working at J&L Marketing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hands-on job & great resume builder. Requires responsibility in order to succeed! Flexible schedule, only required to work two weekends per month. That is great if you are in school or have a weekday job.

Cons

Probably not much room for advancement as far as becoming apart of top management... Unless you are stationed near headquarters Louisville, Kentucky.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Your employees feel empowered because of the satisfaction you guys provide to us. We believe you truly appreciate us so keep that up!

"Awesome Job!"

Current Contractor - Promotion Coordinator in Louisville, KY
    Current Contractor - Promotion Coordinator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing as a contractor

Pros

you get to make your own schedule as long as you are working 2 weekends out if the month. They are great at making sure they answer emails in a timely manner and the PC team is always willing to help you figure out problems when they arise

Cons

I love working for J & L and they have given me skills to use in my career and have helped me achieve my goals.

"Great Sales Organization to be a part of"

Former Employee - Business Growth Strategist/Promotions Coordinator in San Diego, CA

Pros

J&L really invests in its team. They have the latest technology to go to market with and state of the art sales training. I learned a lot about sales from the training course they offered. There is a lot of support from within the organization to help you to succeed at your job. There were times when the CEO would call me to download about the sales call I had just been on. They are very flexible and allow for a great work life balance. There was uncapped commission, so as long as you wanted to make money, you could. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I have recommended this company to peers looking for flexibility and a great career.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list, it truly was a great experience.

"Promotional Coodinator Mentor"

Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time

Pros

The people at J&l are absolutely fantastic. I have worked for J&l for over 8 years, and have been so impressed with the professionalism of the entire company. They take care of their employees, and challenge them to be the absolute best. I would highly recommend J&L as a company to work for.

Cons

I have honestly say there are no cons to working for J&l, i have been completely happy with my time there.

"One of the best jobs I have ever had!"

Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator in New Haven, CT

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

J&L marketing has been one of the best jobs I have ever had. Not only do they treat their employees with the highest level of respect, they make you feel comfortable and welcomed! The automotive marketing industry is extremely competitive. J&L is the leader and it is clear to see why! The support from the upper management, founder Scott, and all employees is exactly what anyone should look for in their employer.

Cons

There are no negatives everything has been excellent!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!