J&L Marketing Promotional Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

J&L Marketing Promotions Coordinator Reviews

Updated Oct 1, 2018

Found 29 reviews

4.5
J&L Marketing CEO Scott T. Joseph  (no image)
Scott T. Joseph

"An amazing opportunity worth taking!"

Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

J&L is a company that offers it's companies GREAT opportunities. I have been a PC since I was in college and love it!

Cons

That you don't have a corporate office in New York :-)

Advice to Management

Open more satellite offices

J&L Marketing2015-05-12

"Promotional Coodinator Mentor"

Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time

Pros

The people at J&l are absolutely fantastic. I have worked for J&l for over 8 years, and have been so impressed with the professionalism of the entire company. They take care of their employees, and challenge them to be the absolute best. I would highly recommend J&L as a company to work for.

Cons

I have honestly say there are no cons to working for J&l, i have been completely happy with my time there.

J&L Marketing2015-05-08

"One of the best jobs I have ever had!"

Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator in New Haven, CT

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

J&L marketing has been one of the best jobs I have ever had. Not only do they treat their employees with the highest level of respect, they make you feel comfortable and welcomed! The automotive marketing industry is extremely competitive. J&L is the leader and it is clear to see why! The support from the upper management, founder Scott, and all employees is exactly what anyone should look for in their employer.

Cons

There are no negatives everything has been excellent!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

J&L Marketing2015-05-09

"Best Marketing Company in the Auto Business"

Former Contractor - Promotion Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at J&L Marketing for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for J & L Marketing for 10 years as a Promotion Coordinator. I started out in college working weekends all over the country and then continued for 6 more years while I was working a full time job at an Investment Bank in Dallas TX. I wouldnt be where I am today if it wasnt for the opportunities and experience I received while working at J & L Marketing. From the CEO to the Receptionist - the company is a... friendly, fun and supportive place to work. They were always accomodating with my time and schedule while challenging me to grow as a business professional. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a role in a fast growing and evolving Marketing company in the Auto Business.

Cons

None- top notch company all around.

J&L Marketing2015-05-19

"A perfect opportunity to travel across the country."

Current Intern - Promotion Coordinator

I have been working at J&L Marketing for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for J&L Marketing has given me the opportunity to travel across the country. Traveling expenses are covered. Being an independent contractor has given me the confidence and ability to be in control of the work that I do and play a big part of helping customers have a successful sales event and service clinic. No relocation needed. The Promotion Coordinator Team can be flexible with traveling arrangement... when school or another job is a factor.

Cons

Work with J&L Marketing is contracted so direct pay is not an option. There have been times where my paycheck has arrived 1-3 days late.

J&L Marketing2015-05-11

"Awesome experience!"

Promotions Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at J&L Marketing

Pros

Flexible schedule Great training Awesome management Fun environment

Cons

I cant think of any

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing!

J&L Marketing2015-05-08

"Easy job, Little room for growth"

Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

The money is pretty good and the schedule is extremely flexible. The staff is very upbeat and always happy to help. The reimbursement for gas and food is also a plus.

Cons

The job is extremely easy which can lead to being extremely bored on slower events. Taxes aren't taken out of paychecks so you usually end up owing quite a lot at the end of the year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive and supportive attitudes. You all are great!

J&L Marketing2015-04-11

"Okay"

Former Contractor - Promotion Coordinator in Louisville, KY

I worked at J&L Marketing for more than a year

Pros

The pay was pretty good for a job during college. Interviewers have commented on the experience from this job that I have on my resume, so I think that the experience is helpful and relevant for anyone who wants a career in a communication or public relations industry. Getting paid to travel and see new places was cool. A good job for getting "professional" experience that will look good on a resume if you have... absolutely no experience.

Cons

Having to give two weekends of availability every month was annoying while in college because during months that I had a lot of tests or a lot going on I didn't always want to work two weekends, because a weekend often consists of driving to the location on a Friday, working on Saturday, and driving home Sunday, i.e. your entire weekend. Sitting at a table for 8 hours, plus having to get to the location 2 hours... early, and often stay much later than the promotion lasts, gets really tiring when you're spending your entire day talking to people. The dealerships often did not care at all about the promotion. Only $10 on the day of the promotion for food, so if you travel far for the promotion you'll end up spending a lot of your own money on food. Not much contact with management, so you can't really use managers from this job as a reference in the future.

Advice to Management

Give Promotion Coordinators more money for food and expenses for promotions that require a lot of travel. Require more professionalism from your promotion coordinator's managers.

J&L Marketing2015-03-18

"Great company to work for while in college."

Current Contractor - Promotion Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at J&L Marketing for more than a year

Pros

I like working with J&L because the staff is nice and very helpful. The job is fairly easy and can be really fun if you have the right personality.

Cons

One thing that can be fairly difficult is the amount of jobs you get. You can get zero jobs one month and the next work every weekend.

Advice to Management

As far as I've noticed the people I have worked with are great for the most part. I would like to see something in place where I can get feedback on my performance so I can better myself. We get emails if we get a good review but it is a copy and paste email and there is never any comments on what you can approve on.

J&L Marketing2014-12-29

"Great resume builder job for college students"

Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible job where you can pick when you want to work. Higher than minimum wage pay. They reimburse you for every additional cost you might encounter. Great with communication. Fast response time with email and phone! Have someone on call for an emergency that might occur while working. Management will try to help you in any way possible. Very transparent with progress with the company.

Cons

Do not give you enough money for food when traveling more than one day (a three day travel time would get you 30 dollars and free breakfast.) Do not give enough incentive to fly (get paid $5 for every in flight hour.) Does not reward extra effort to save the company money with monetary compensation, but will entice students to skip school in order to work for an extra bonus.

Advice to Management

Give more to those who go out of their way to save the company money. Do not reward students for skipping school in order to work. It costs them more than you reward to skip school.

J&L Marketing2014-12-22