KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

J&L Marketing Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2022

Found 124 of over 152 reviews

3.9
J&L Marketing CEO and Founder Scott T. Joseph  (no image)
Scott T. Joseph

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people in all parts of the company(in 13 reviews)
  • "Awesome management(in 7 reviews)
  • "Additionally I work with dedicated people and have an awesome manager.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The training is good and comprehensive.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Paid travel, National conventions are fun, coworkers are great.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Aug 2, 2022 - Digital Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

-They will teach you a lot of information in a short period of time. -They care about their employees inside and outside the office. -They will buy lunch and have snack in the office at all times. Company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Can be stressful working with a lot of clients.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company and Opportunity for Growth

Jul 21, 2022 - Event Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Invaluable learning opportunities both personally and professionally.

Cons

I don’t have anything constructive to offer.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Being efficient was a CRIME!

Jul 18, 2022 - Growth Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fairly easy application process but later on, I realized that it's only because there's a terrible thing waiting for you when you get hired.

Cons

I got really frustrated with how backward and traditional they were! Being efficient here was a CRIME! They would think that I don't work hard just because I liked to be efficient so I can go home on time. I became the subject of office gossip because I always go home on the dot, not knowing that they thought of it as a bad thing! Leaving was the best decision I made.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Terrible owner and upper management

Jul 16, 2022 - Promotions Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a nice addition to your resume. But there's no reason for you to stay here after gaining some experience.

Cons

Don't stay here after you've already gained some experience in the industry. To be frank, I don't think anyone would actually think of staying here anyway. If you've experienced interacting with the owner and the upper management, you'd realize how awful they are as people, and wouldn't want to work here anymore. If anything needs to happen, it should be a management restructuring.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience in Networking

May 6, 2022 - Event Coordinator in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A continuous journey into growing customer-facing skills and independence. Flexible schedule and great team to work with.

Cons

Events are not very frequent

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Traditional old-fashioned style management

May 17, 2022 - Business Growth Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I remember it was easy to get in. I didn't have much experience before I worked here but they've accepted me, and for that I was grateful.

Cons

If you'd think of a traditional old-fashioned style of management, it's all you could expect from J&L. They were big on working overtime because they think that's how hardworking people really worked. Being efficient and thus going home on time was frowned upon.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

I quit to rejuvenate

Mar 28, 2022 - Business Growth Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's good place to start building your career. I started working here since I graduated and I don't have any regrets about it.

Cons

Working here required me to always work longer hours. For the first few years of working here, it wasn't an issue for me but now I decided to quit to rejuvenate and make time for my family who I neglected because of my job.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work pays!

Jan 20, 2021 - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great payment plan - Opportunity to connect with people in the industry - Opportunity to develop your own brand and processes - Management is extremely knowledgeable in the industry - Hands down the best products and services in the industry

Cons

- Must work hard and put in the time to be successful (like most sales positions)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome place to work

Jan 14, 2021 - Event Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, meet new people, competitive pay, fantastic supervisors. I’ve been an employee since 2008, and am still working for them now I’m 2021. It’s been an awesome place to work. If you have a chance to work with Savannah B., she is fantastic!!!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great, Flexible with great people

Jan 12, 2021 - Event Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started as an Event Coordinator with J&L 10 years ago when I first graduated college. It was a great resume builder, and a great opportunity for me to develop some professional skills and experience. I've continued being an Event Coordinator for the past 10 years because the flexibility of this role just fits very well with my life, and I don't have any reason to stop. Throughout that time, I've also worked with multiple EC Team leaders and each one has been professional and wonderful and helped me to perform to the best of my ability.

Cons

I have no complaints with this role

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews

J&L Marketing Reviews FAQs

J&L Marketing has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 152 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at J&L Marketing to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, J&L Marketing employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at J&L Marketing. This rating has decreased by -15% over the last 12 months.

78% of J&L Marketing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated J&L Marketing 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at J&L Marketing to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with J&L Marketing Job Seekers