J&L Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2019

Found 117 reviews

3.9
Scott T. Joseph

"Don’t waste your time at this company"

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time

Pros

The employees are very nice.

Cons

It’s a revolving door because once you realize how ridiculous the environment is, everyone leaves. “ It’s not just because of sales.” The sales jobs are awful because you predominantly cold call. Then cold call for a product that no one wants or “the customer doesn’t know they want / need it.” For a Marketing Company, you would think they tactics would be more advanced. Great products can create their own demand.

Advice to Management

The managers are just trying to keep up with the emotional and self centered owner. Hard to have compassion about producing when the owner complains about “declining business/coming out of his pocket,” when he goes on vacation every other minute and/or spends $100-200 for a pedicure. Show off your money a little less and people might respect you more. Stop trying to brain wash everyone than the high turnover is normal....

J&L Marketing2017-12-28

December 31, 2017CEO

Thank you for the kind words about our employees. We do our best to build teams that are good at what they do and even more importantly are even better people. I'm really sorry you felt your time at J&L was wasted and would like to think this is uncommon. I say that because ...

"Overall an excellent place to work! The job is demanding."

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great place to learn how to sell. This job is made for people who love sales and want to make it a career. J&L is a leader in the industry and is well known by most car dealers. The job is more difficult than any other I have held, it is also the most rewarding! This is the best company I've ever worked for. It's fun, challenging and good sales people make a lot of money.

Cons

Keeping up with new products and improvements.

Advice to Management

Don't try to take on too much at one time.

J&L Marketing2017-09-10

February 6, 2018CEO

Thank you for the favorable review you gave our company. I'm pleased that you feel the Business Growth Strategist position is challenging, rewarding and a good opportunity to make a lot of money. I would like to thank you once again for your kind words.

"Regional Account Director"

Former Employee - Regional Account Director in Louisville, KY

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers. Solid training. The company gives you the tools to succeed. Top performers make a lot of money. Room for upward mobility.

Cons

No cons with the company. The leadership is helpful. The industry is demanding though. If you come in with the right expectations, you'll be successful.

Advice to Management

No need to advise them. They do a great job.

J&L Marketing2017-07-13

"Exciting Time to be a Part of the Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of changes and upgrading happening at J&L. We are redesigning and recreating a lot of systems from the ground up. It is a fast paced work environment where you get to work with a lot of different technologies. The small team allows you to really make a direct impact on the company as a whole.

Cons

There are a lot of legacy systems and technologies that are hard to work with. They are almost all undocumented so when you have to work with them it is very challenging and time consuming.

Advice to Management

Slow down and take on fewer projects. With a small team you can't do everything at once. Focus on the top priority, complete that, and then move on to the next highest priority.

J&L Marketing2017-07-24

"Moving in the RIGHT Direction"

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time

Pros

Company has shifted from a primarily traditional marketing company to a Traditional and Digital Agency. The change was needed and J&L has seem to bring in better talent to help with this transition. The "Marketing Studio" is a laid back causal office but don't let that fool you, everyone there works very hard. The Company does a big Christmas Party and Summer Picnic. Overall everyone is very nice.

Cons

During busy times you could work over 40 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire more good IT people to help with projects.

J&L Marketing2017-07-21

"Sales"

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time

Pros

- Company culture - People and relationships - Inspiring - Variety of activities - Fast paced - Strong commitment to results - Commission and comp structure

Cons

- Some late hours - Lack of creativity in sales day to day

Advice to Management

None. I believe that they do a good job and do everything in their power to run as best as can be.

J&L Marketing2017-07-19

"It's a good job- but not a good career"

Former Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Decent pay structure -Not a lot of employees so there is a lot of potential for sales -The other BGS are great -The managers are supportive -Can live in your territory -Lots of travel

Cons

-The automotive industry is ruthless -There is no growth in the company for the sales team -Toxic office environment -No one looks out for you -Constantly changing commission structure

Advice to Management

The management needs to create a better work environment, one that is positive and uplifting. Sales is hard enough as it is, but the toxic work environment in the office makes it miserable to work there. Something needs to change if the company is going to last.

J&L Marketing2017-09-02

September 5, 2017CEO

We are very sorry to hear that you would not recommend us. I would like to think this is uncommon. We'll work hard to improve the areas you mentioned and we'll do better. We appreciate your feedback an will learn from it. I am hopeful you feel comfortable enough to call me to discuss ...

"Promotion Coordinator"

Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great position, especially if you take advantage of building long term relationships with dealerships. Another pro is the opportunity to travel!

Cons

No downsides that I've seen in my 3 years of working for J&L :)

J&L Marketing2017-05-17

"Promotion Coordinator"

I worked at J&L Marketing part-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule with hands on experience especially for young business professionals in school.

Cons

Month workload varies with some months having no events.

J&L Marketing2017-05-16

"Great Company, Great Staff"

Current Employee - Promotions Coordinator

I have been working at J&L Marketing for more than a year

Pros

I'm a promotions coordinator, and I've had the greatest experience with J&L. They train you well, pay a fair price, and send you to travel all over the place! I got the job while still in college, and have nothing bad to say.

Cons

I wish they would go over how to sales pitch a little more in training!

Advice to Management

Go over how to sales pitch a little more in training! This is what people are less comfortable with after training.

J&L Marketing2017-04-20