J&L Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

J&L Marketing Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • J&L provides great training and resources necessary to do your job (in 31 reviews)

• Working for J&L Marketing has given me the opportunity to travel across the country (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No downsides that I've seen in my 3 years of working for J&L :) (in 13 reviews)

• The company is hemorrhaging good employees left and right (in 3 reviews)

"Stepping Stone Sales Position"

Former Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I worked at J&L Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This position is definitely a grinder type of role. The position did teach a lot about selling and also how to handle multiple types of people. This is a perfect position to start out a sales career but not a long term career with this company.

Cons

Extremely low base salary and low commission- definitely more sales positions (not with J&L) that will pay more and have opportunity for growth.
    Turnover is extremely high which has management saying it's due to the book they read called, "Traction." Reality is- they're losing great people right and left.

Advice to Management

Management has great ideas but they are ideas. They need to realize that you cannot implement an "idea" ASAP. Everything was always rushed when they came up with an idea and did not make sense when you looked at the ideas and compared to the finances of the company.

J&L Marketing Response

Feb 16, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations and frankly of what we expect for ourselves and for our sales staff. I appreciate and respect your... More

"Award winning company who truly cares about the customer"

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time

Pros

I've seen first hand what this company is willing to do in the name of customer satisfaction. I like working for a company that I know stands behind what it sells. Senior management is dedicated to growth, customer satisfaction and helping me make more money. This is the best job I've had.

Cons

It's hard to think of any. Can have long hours but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the effort to make this company better.

"Like it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a current employee at J&L I was upset to see the untrue reviews that were posted on this website that obviously came from a few former employees, probably the same 2 to 4. These were the same 2-4 that were probably asked to leave or forced out .

J&L has gone through some significant changes and almost all for the better. It is starting to feel much more organized. I would recommend anyone to work at J&L as long as they have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work . Everyone is awesome.

Cons

None that I can think of. Immature coworkers.

"Rewarding Experience, Exceptional People"

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome culture and work atmosphere
    Entrepreneurial environment that rewards those that take the initiative and work hard
    High visibility to auto executives and decision makers
    Excellent opportunity to provide creative, customized solutions to a variety of dealer clientelle
    Managers are clear with thier expectations and provide support to achieve those goals

Cons

Travel schedule can be challenging, but it comes with the territory
    Communication can always be improved and it's getting better

Advice to Management

Change is necessary in order to build a great business. Continue to work on being transparent, coaching, and growing your talent, and we will continue to give you the effort and production that is expected. We win together.

"Fantastic company for opportunity & salary growth!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

The entrepreneurial spirit at J&L is one of the best I have seen amongst companies its size. Be prepared to work hard, yet be rewarded in pay and recognition for a job well done! J&L is a top paying company in the Louisville, KY area and encourages growth from within the company. The fast-paced environment keeps the job exciting and far from mundane. I have recommended so many friends to J&L and all have had wonderful experiences. Great pay, leadership and opportunity!

Cons

If you are not willing to put forth 100% effort, this is not the place for you. Strong work ethic is required and you will be rewarded.

"Great Sales Organization to be a part of"

Former Employee - Business Growth Strategist/Promotions Coordinator in San Diego, CA

Pros

J&L really invests in its team. They have the latest technology to go to market with and state of the art sales training. I learned a lot about sales from the training course they offered. There is a lot of support from within the organization to help you to succeed at your job. There were times when the CEO would call me to download about the sales call I had just been on. They are very flexible and allow for a great work life balance. There was uncapped commission, so as long as you wanted to make money, you could. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I have recommended this company to peers looking for flexibility and a great career.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list, it truly was a great experience.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a lot of good memories at J&L. Still have a lot of friends who work there. They have been a leader in the industry for years.

Cons

Continued growth and evolving marketplace requires employees to grow and evolve. Not everyone wants to grow and evolve.

Advice to Management

Good Luck J&L and the best of luck with all you do.

"Promotional Coodinator Mentor"

Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Promotion Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at J&L Marketing part-time

Pros

The people at J&l are absolutely fantastic. I have worked for J&l for over 8 years, and have been so impressed with the professionalism of the entire company. They take care of their employees, and challenge them to be the absolute best. I would highly recommend J&L as a company to work for.

Cons

I have honestly say there are no cons to working for J&l, i have been completely happy with my time there.

"Unlimited Opportunity for Hard Working Closers"

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at J&L Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've taken the position of Business Growth Strategist in stride. In the 16 months that I've been a part of the sales team at J&L, opportunity after opportunity has been extended to me based off of my productivity. I've watched people come and go, none of which that have been producers. The expectations are set and it's clear that you have to come to work every day to work your tail off so you can build your book of business. This isn't an account management job and results are easily track-able. We sell marketing packages in the forms of Sales Events, Service Clinics and Equity Marketing and to dealerships that have money. It's simple, if you're a closer, you'll kill it here. If you're an account manager you won't last. I'm at month 16 and I'm averaging between 6-8k a month, and I've broken 10K a couple of months. That is the potential for anyone that has the right mindset.

Cons

None if you work all day, they leave you be.

Advice to Management

Hire only those that are starving hungry, and not entitled and you'll improve the work environment.