JAB Broadband Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Jack Koo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Cool place to get a start in broadband."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Loveland, CO

I have been working at JAB Broadband full-time

Pros

Opportunity for eager people!, you will get recognized here for your work.

Cons

There's a lot of grey you got to fill in. Too many times a day I have too ask a specific question that gets a "iffie" response.

Advice to Management

Please don't dock me for adherence of phone call handle time. I know that the more time I spend on a person's call is time on hold for the next caller, but consider the impact of word of mouth by addressing all the customers needs.

2. "general"

I worked at JAB Broadband full-time

Pros

there are none to speak of

Cons

very dysfunctional. good old boys culture. had to change names because of bad reputation

"PC & Nwtwork Technical Support"

Pros

Great place to act as a stepping stone into a PC / Networking support role. They use common lower end networking gear that is easy to setup and use. You can learn a lot on PC repair and trouble shooting.

Cons

Poor internet product quality and a lack of investment drove me out. If you enjoy getting yelled at over and over and over again for the same issues even though you have escalated the root cause to management numerous times, this is the place for you. Even though I got free service as a employee, I still used a 3rd party due to the horrible service we provided.

Advice to Management

Invest in real networking gear, upgrade and expand your peering providers. Provide the level of service and speed your customers bought. Stop lying to your customers, they are leaving in droves as soon as a alternate provider in the area is available to them.

"HR Generalist"

Pros

The work performed was Interesting. The company operated in several markets across the US so there was some travel involved. The pay for the role was fair at the time.

Cons

They were very unorganized and overall communication was poor. The HR leadership was in constant flux and the environment was not a happy one in that department.

Advice to Management

There's a need to improve communication and transparency with upper leadership. The HR department was more concerned with compliance and perfection than people and process development and improvement.

"Confused company"

I worked at JAB Broadband full-time

Pros

Pay was excellent until they changed everything.

Cons

Confused upper management, always changing the processes while removing pay and perks. I think they were trying to set up good numbers to become an acquisition target.

6. "Overall a great company to work for with fantastic co-workers."

Former Employee - Field Technician in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Amarillo, TX

Pros

My division was fantastic at working with their employee's schedules, and just felt more like a family overall. 70-80 percent of the job was driving, and the rest generally simple and straightforward jobs. Though I was assigned to a smaller area with only one fellow employee, every one of my more distant coworkers were helpful and great to have around for support and potential questions. My direct supervisor was the best boss I've had, and likely ever will have, with the rest of management being a good group as well. For the work I had, the pay was phenomenal, with decent optional benefit plans being available on top. They provide you with tools, a phone, a vehicle, and great training to prepare you for field work. They were extremely lenient when it came to mistakes or slip ups, helping to improve on the mistake and prevent future issues rather than shaming or scolding, and gave myself several chances and warnings to improve upon my mistakes. I was thrilled to have been a part of the team I was on, and wish the employees and the company only the best going forward.

Cons

As far as downsides go, for the most part there aren't any outstanding faults in this company that you wouldn't expect to find at any other ISP that covers such a large area. I sometimes felt like communication and information could have been passed down slightly more efficiently, but I'll be the first to admit my ignorance when it come to employee management. There were times where, due to there being only two of us in the region, a slightly heavy workload would become overly difficult when jobs were stretched over several distant towns, but this was a very rare occurrence. A third, but still slight con, was being on call. Now before I continue I should state that this was a greatly discussed and essential part of my job, and I had been informed and educated on how to proceed well before I left training. The problems only arose due to the small staff we had in my area, meaning I was on call every other week. When you're on call, you respond to any network or enterprise (VIPs basically) disturbance ranging from power outages to equipment failure in your assigned area. My rotation was Friday to Friday, including the weekend. Now 9 times out of 10, the issue can be resolved quickly either by yourself, the ever helpful Net-Op employee, or with the assistance of their fantastic NOC (Network Operations Center). If the outage required a climb, which by the way are crazy fun, we would work with our Infrastructure supervisor to setup a date. As I explained before, being on call was a fully understood aspect of the job that was for the most part a non issue. You are even paid additionally for just being on call for the week. Though it may have taken a few call sometimes, when needed, I was always able to get a hold of someone to help me through the problem, or find someone who could. I list this only for those who may have a stiffer schedule that I had, as I never had any truly ill timed call outs, and I ultimately enjoyed being on call for the most part. Management provided great support and due praise when a difficult issue was resolved. We had occasional inventory issues, but it was being quickly improved upon before I left. Overall, 95 percent of my negative experiences with this company were solely due mistakes and issues caused by myself and myself alone. I would recommend this company to absolutely anyone looking for a career in this field, and even those maybe looking at a different path. Working at JAB Broadband was a wonderful experience and I hope to have a career in a place as friendly and professional in the future.

Advice to Management

Slight improvements in communication and inventory, that no doubt are happening now, will help the company's continued growth and success.

"Go anywhere but here"

I worked at JAB Broadband full-time

Pros

Best reasons to work at JAB/RISE? You're desperate for a job and can't find anything else. Even flipping burgers is a better work environment.

Cons

JAB/RISE management is a sorry joke. There is no communication or concern for any front-line employees whatsoever. Most front line employees are trying hard to satisfy customers, but upper management constantly throws up blocks. We're required to throttle bandwidth and speed well below advertised standards simply to push more customers onto an already overloaded system. Despite upper management's claims that it is going to significantly upgrade infrastructure, the infrastructure grants that the company has been given have gone to new corporate office updates. Absolutely none of the promised upgrades have happened in the field, and customers are understandably upset.

JAB/RISE upper management also has an unwritten policy of giving new customers full internet speed during the trial period, but then throttling it way back once their trial period is over.

Customers don't get a good value for their money.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the current management and put in management that actually knows what they're doing. The current management is so ingrained with a culture of deceit and deception that there is very little hope that they can actually turn the company into a quality organization for both employees and customers.

Current quality employees are leaving in droves, and it's because of the horrible corporate culture fostered, embraced and encouraged by upper management.

"Overall Decent company to work for"

Former Employee - Installation and Repair Supervisor
    Former Employee - Installation and Repair Supervisor

I worked at JAB Broadband full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jab Broadband is overall a decent company to work for the pay is relatively high and the people on an individual basis are good and hard working

Cons

Middle management tries hard to move the company forward in a positive direction and truly wants to build a good company but upper management always seems to have a way of getting in their own way

Advice to Management

stop trying to go in a dozen directions at once make your budget and stick to it and don t let the shareholders dictate your moves

"Total crap"

I have been working at JAB Broadband full-time

Pros

The pay is good for the work you do. It doesn't take long to master how the service works.

Cons

Management sucks so bad, there is no communication between management and staff. Always understaffed and overworked and no signs of that ever changing. Dishonesty from upper management,no follow through with commitments. More punishment than praise.

Advice to Management

More staff, more kindness, be more involved on the floor!

"Complete chaos, don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Local Employee in Midwest, WY
    Former Employee - Local Employee in Midwest, WY

I worked at JAB Broadband (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paychecks never bounce, work was challenging, they offer some average benefits

Cons

Never worked in a more chaotic, unorganized environment in my life. Employee morale is non-existent and anyone that doesn't work at corporate and isn't completely oblivious to what's happening is looking to leave. If you work in a call center outside of corporate, you better get out ASAP before you end up in the unemployment line. Major dis-connect between local divisions and corporate. Management and HR at corporate and even general managers and HR business partners at local level are completely clueless. They are rarely, if ever, in the the local offices and have no idea what the local employees do on a day to day basis, no clue what value they bring to the company and the hard work they put in day in and day out in an effort to help this company and it's rapidly deteriorating reputation. Yet, they're the ones making personnel and operational decisions for the lcoal offices. Brilliant!!!

Advice to Management

Stop dragging the local employees along the highway to hell with your corporate whitewash messaging about culture, loyalty, etc.... when you know you will be letting many of them go as soon as you can figure out how to "centralize" they're job functions.