JBM Patrol & Protection Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
James B. Mankowski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Those wanting to receive law enforcement type training (in 3 reviews)

• He makes a very comfortable work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very disorganized management team (in 2 reviews)

• Not nice to cast judgment on a high quality individual like the Chief or his Staff in Madison (in 5 reviews)

1. "Security Officer"

Former Employee - Security Offer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Security Offer in Madison, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

diverse job assignments and interesting work at times

Cons

low pay for dangerous work, mileage should be compensated if not in company vehicle

Advice to Management

go for quality over quantity. management needs to be overhauled

2. "Great company and professional employees"

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time

Pros

This place is a great place to work! The administration really takes care of their employees. They go beyond above and beyond expectations when it comes to satisfying their customers.

Cons

Sometimes it may take HR a few days to get back with you on paperwork but other than that, nothing to complain about.

3. "Do not work here if you value yourself"

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting job, never the same

Cons

Everything else, having to do with this company. Management contradicts their own handbook. A job well done is rewarded with more work but no Increase in pay.......Officers who have worked 3 years+. Are making less then new hires . If your sick....To bad you cannot call in. Because they are so short on staff due to all the earlier stated reasons and no one's stays long..You get charged for HR to do your time sheet which is recorded on a call log. Training...Lmao what training....They will throw you at a site and basically your expected you figure it out....But if you mess it up, it's your fault....Also you are expected to use your personal vehicle to drive to these sites which rage in distance from1-54 miles. And they won't compensate you for your gas...You will have no life outside of this company.

Advice to Management

These are human beings that deserve respect.

4. "Lots of hours"

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time

Pros

Got as many hours as I wanted
    Easy job
    Bonuses from clients sometimes

Cons

Very disorganized management team
    The scheduler is very spastic and flips whenever you need a day off
    Too few employees

Advice to Management

Get organized!

"Lack of Care, No Raises and Double Standards."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like another review stated the courage to find better and quit !

Cons

very poor at keeping good officers, sad when they treat the loyal officers like dirt, while the low lifes get treated like royalty. All that happens is the bad ones get passed from site to site. Lost many accounts due to this. No Accountability , the scheduler just plugs holes , when hiring it's quantity not quality with this company. The biggest stigma, No Benefits unless you work in Madison. No Holiday pay, but the client gets billed for it, Not right! No Incentive to become better , promises made , but never kept.

Advice to Management

I'd say treat the good employees as such, but that in itself is a joke in Milwaukee. You've used all the Good people up and now you are stuck with whats left .

Oct 24, 2017 – President

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your opinion of JBM Security Systems, LLC (Milwaukee Operations). We apologize for your negative experience, and we take these... More

6. "The company does not care about the employees"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Madison, WI

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-You work with a lot of different people and become really close with your co-workers.
    -Working different accounts helps keep things interesting.

Cons

Where to begin....
    -Pay is awful and management sits on pay raise requests for MONTHS.
    - New employees are paid more than people who have worked there for years
     - Management is awful. Everyone in the office is more concerned about keeping their jobs and making them self's look better for the high and mighty CEO that they frequently will blame subordinates for their mistakes.
    - The CEO and management with sandbag you if they know that you are looking for another job.
    -Management does not care about the employee's safety and will cut corners to save money.

Advice to Management

Lean to care about your employees a little bit. Stop worrying about hiring new people and learn how to keep people.

Oct 20, 2017 – President

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wages are above most other Western Tennessee companies. Nice work environment, good equipment and co-workers. Uniforms are provided and my Sergeant is a great supervisor.

Cons

We are like other companies, try to find the best officers. In Memphis we are growing and looking for good people takes up a lot of time.

Advice to Management

Move the corporation office to this area, lots of potential as we have satisfied customers.

Sep 5, 2017 – President

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate what you do.

8. "Officer"

Former Employee - Officer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Officer in Madison, WI

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection (More than a year)

Pros

I feel the only "pro" was having the courage to quit

Cons

CEO, Personnel LT, and management horrible. Wife of CEO is the only one with any common sense

Advice to Management

Let wife run business. Owner is crazy power hungry. The claim is "police officer" owned and operated...writing parking tickets in Mayberry don't make one a cop.

Sep 5, 2017 – President

Needless to say, I was disappointed to read your comments. As a small company, our unique culture of employee engagement and servant leadership is what sets us apart (in a crowded industry) as one of... More

"Guard"

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time

Pros

There are no Pros for working here

Cons

Upper management is horrible CEO is horrible out of his head so far up his butt he can't see anything. Very unprofessional organization horrible communication.

Aug 7, 2017 – President

Needless to say, I was disappointed to read your comments. As a small company, our unique culture of employee engagement and servant leadership is what sets us apart (in acrowded industry) as one of... More

"Toxic environment"

I worked at JBM Patrol & Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the other guards were nice and hard working.

Cons

Managment cares too much about making the company appear like a police force or military organization that they overlook glaring issues.

They reward people for military service rather than security experience or hard work.

Too concerned with ensuring everybody adheres to a military like standard including titles and dress standards.

Very sexist mentality with managements including sexual harassment and victim blaming for female guards. Male guards aren't always free from harassment either as I had a supervisor who found an embarrassing picture of me online and printed it out to show everybody.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make everything seem like a military organization or a police force and embrace the fact that this is a business. Act professional and reward hard work instead of previous military experience.

Aug 7, 2017 – President