JC Ehrlich Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Myers

1. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reading, PA

I worked at JC Ehrlich (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Decent amount of positions

Cons

Hours were a bit off from what I was used to

Advice to Management

Training could be expanded

2. "Regional Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at JC Ehrlich full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company and its culture was much better before it was sold.

Cons

The leadership at Ehrlich Rentokil needs to take a course on ethics! There are so many inconsistencies in the way they manage their people its amazing, in fact it is safe to say that they don't understand right from wrong. In some cases, management allows rules to be broken and at other times they don't. With some people its okay if they miss sales goals and with others it isn't. There are so many examples...too many to mention. There is very little trust which leads to micromanagement to the finest degree. They have people in high up positions that have no business whatsoever being there however because they are friends with other leaders, they were put in place and are now protected. Run the other way!

Advice to Management

It is impossible for you not to know about the inconsistencies with your leadership team. Get your act together and hold everybody accountable including your friends to be honest and to reach realistic goals. The problem is that the problems start at the top! Hire good people and carefully guide them and they will work hard for you. Take a course in business ethics so that there is an improvement with decision making and make it mandatory for every leader in the company to do the same. Also, take a look at your job descriptions, you list every possible skill and duty under the sun so that you can legally terminate as you see fit. Your job descriptions are insane.

3. "Was a great company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at JC Ehrlich full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

base pay, time off, some scheduling flexibility, if your lucky you can transfer to almost anywhere with the company (if youre lucky), most people are good to work with

Cons

the customer service focus has dropped to an embarrassingly low level. Saving a buck isnt worth it all of the time especially when the customer suffers. too many managers who are more concerned with themselves than doing whats right for their charges, inside competition in sales, some disconnect between sales and operations, limited opportunity for growth, sales goals need to be more realistic in off season, hard to move even laterally.

Advice to Management

be more open with employees, this was a great company with great leadership before it was sold. don't blindside people with layoffs, especially before the holidays, you've lost some good employees that could have been reassigned.

4. "BAD COMPANY"

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay; company service vehicle; Medical benefits are better than average.

Cons

WHERE to start. You have ZERO control over your own schedule; the individuals in the office who set up your schedule; must have gone to the Ray Charles School of Logistics. Not Kidding. Customers get pissed off; the techs in the field get frustrated because they keep making the same mistakes; over; and over; and over; etc. Case in point: Had a conversation with a lady who lives near center city Philly. Had to cancel 5 times because she requested a Saturday appointment. They kept right on scheduling her for weekdays. 95% of the time; our Client/Customer have no idea they were scheduled for an appointment. THIS is a company that values Quanity over Quality.

Advice to Management

wouldn't do any good to give advice. They think everything is a joke; and could care less. unprofessional as hell.

5. "Market Development Rep"

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in North Port, FL
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in North Port, FL

I worked at JC Ehrlich full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid time off, human managers that use their discretion, holidays, the pay. You can pick up the phone and call the CEO direct.

Cons

Health insurance is "Shock and awe" expensive for marginal coverage. Sales goals grow in leaps and bounds from year to year until they're un-achievable. Year 1 $300K, Year 2 $500K, Year 3 $600K.

Advice to Management

Please supplement the health insurance and be reasonable with your sales goals. Growth by acquisition isn't actual growth no matter what you tell the shareholders.

6. "Top Company to work for"

Current Employee - FLORIDA in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - FLORIDA in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JC Ehrlich full-time

Pros

Great company vision, always self reflecting and strives to provide world class customer service.

Cons

Regional decesions that do not translate to local level. ie call center and sales from out of local level.

7. "Patience is a virtue"

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Boston, MA

Pros

The transition from past watch all to now rentokil ehrlich has been brutally painful, but oddly enough the transition has made me to be a better technician, forcing me accept the fact that I do have the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference on what I can't.

Cons

Cons? Sometimes I am my own worse enemy... I stay far away from negativity in the form of gossip and melody. I don't like being on call, but what the heck, I love the money.

Advice to Management

Ask senior techs...not just someone you have made lead tech...for input

8. "Complete waste of time working for this company"

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Yakima, WA
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Yakima, WA

I worked at JC Ehrlich full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company vehicle but that's about it. Honestly not much else to say good about these guys! Pretty much very poor company to work for

Cons

In the short three months I worked for Alpha Eco pest control, I had 4 boss changes who wanted things done there way. On top of the that each manager would try and tell you what the compensation plan was and when you thought you finally understood what they were paying you they up and change it again. You only make %10 on sales that you go out and get and they will only pay you for the time of the service of that contract you sold. Lots and lots of dishonesty with this company. Seriously the worst company you could ever work for in the pest control industry. Good luck on ever making any money with these guys and count on being gone from your family all the time trying to make money. Don't count on making overtime as well because they have some weird formula that cuts that out of your pay check as well. Also when you do have ideas to improve your route or area with either sales or business practices they say great idea and send me an email on what you want to happen. Never happens and they just blow smoke at you. Good luck if you sign with these guys

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR GROUND LEVEL TECHS!!! They know what they are doing!!!! Pay your people better!!!! For the work they do and the hours they put in, instead of buying out all these other companies try investing in your people!!!

9. "technician"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Lots of hours, everyday is something new.

Cons

Low pay so far, really long days. No talking to upper management.

10. "Good pay, ton of hours and health concerns"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

I worked at JC Ehrlich full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, you are allowed to take your work truck home, although you clock in when you get to your first job and leave your last job. That is, of course, if you don't have to run back to the shop on your own time!

Cons

Lots of hours, although OT is paid so it is what it is. Management is a joke, so many managers and not much managing.

Advice to Management

Bring back the union so the workers have a voice again...