JCW Resourcing Reviews | Glassdoor

JCW Resourcing Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

4.7
JCW Resourcing CEO Jamie Woods (no image)
Jamie Woods
Pros
  • "Absolutely loved working with JCW(in 13 reviews)

• "(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, however, does work well in recruitment(in 18 reviews)

• "At first, the work/life balance is tough, but after a month or two you quickly learn how to manage it(in 5 reviews)

1. "Work Hard, Play Hard Environment"

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, Dress Code, Incentives, Company Outings and Trips, Growth Opportunities, Transparent Policies, Vacation Time

Cons

Hours, Few Holidays Off Outside of Vacation Time

JCW Resourcing2019-10-16
  2. "I have been working at JCW since March"

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I was searching for new jobs the three most important factors in my decision was the ability to learn, be apart of a great culture, and the opportunity for growth down the road. I can truthfully say that since joining in March, this place hits all three with a hammer. From the first day you join, you are thrown into training everyday with senior management who take their time to teach you the ropes. At... first, it is a lot of information, but once you start doing the day-to-day processes over and over again, it becomes second nature. I've learned more in the last few months than I ever thought I could in such a short time. I don't think there has been a day since joining, where i haven't learned something new. The culture here is something special. Everybody here from senior management down to other associates are here to help and they all went to see you succeed. There are so many incentives and benefits working here, and being part of a young office, it is so easy to fit right in. Whether its team outings or other out of office events, I truthfully find myself happy and lucky to be working here. The days fly by as there is always work to be done and being around the people here at JCW, nobody minds being in the office. Also a plus when the managing director of the office is one of the funniest and motivating people you'll ever meet. I truthfully can't say a negative thing about the management team, they're all incredible! There are no limits for growth in this company. As I stated earlier, everybody wants to see you succeed. You're motivated and pushed everyday to be the best you can be. You get what you put in, its as simple as that. Yeah, the commission is awesome and a huge plus, but from day 1 you're immediately allowed to go out and make placements with unlimited growth down the road.

Cons

At first, the work/life balance is tough, but after a month or two you quickly learn how to manage it. You get what you put in, so if you're working crazy hours, but making placements, it's definitely well worth it $$$$$$$$$

Advice to Management

Never change

JCW Resourcing2019-07-01
  3. "Work Hard, Play Hard!"

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

An organization that truly embodies the term "work hard play hard." A well structured and organized business that genuinely helps and cares about each individuals success. The management team is so down-to-earth and willing to help at any time, accompanied with a training program that is focused on developing our strengths well helping to gain knowledge about the industry. It is a demanding job but they also have... MULTIPLE sources of relaxation to ensure that the employees are happy and productive.

Cons

You get what you put in, so if you want to make money you should expect to work long hours much longer than the typical 9-5. It's as simple as that.

Advice to Management

You guys are crushing it, keep it up!

JCW Resourcing2019-06-23
  4. "JCW is a Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

really great leadership team that cares about every single employee transparency on the business, performance, kpis, development points from the MD down to the associates opportunity to grow and learn and thus make a lot of $$ with an uncapped commission scheme really fantastic familial environment within the office office trips, team events, in-office bar, Barnaby the office dog, standing desks, free coffee... & candy, etc.

Cons

low base salary (you don't work here for the base, though) long-ish hours

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

JCW Resourcing2019-06-20
  5. "I Like It Here"

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great bar, potential to make lots of money, and Barnaby, the office dog.

Cons

Long hours but worth it

Advice to Management

You're doing great!

JCW Resourcing2018-12-05
  6. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is super welcoming, constructive and challenging. Everyone (literally everyone) is here to help. The big victories along with the small are celebrated here. The work can sometimes be difficult but like I said everyone is here to help. There is guidance every step of the way!

Cons

The hours seemed a little long at first but I can say that no time here is wasted. There is always something that can be done to prepare for the next day- then this definitely becomes a plus!

Advice to Management

Keep being you! Constructive criticism has definitely helped me learn the ropes through here.

JCW Resourcing2018-11-21
  7. "A Thriving Place To Kick Off A Career"

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

During my time at JCW so far, I have been pushed, pulled, and stretched...all in the best ways possible. Joining as a fresh graduate was intimidating at first, but everyone working here are all supportive of the needs and want for growth and know how to celebrate the accomplishments of others. The management and boss have succeeded in creating an environment that promotes growth through healthy competition and the... encouragement of others, and I appreciate that they are always willing to take the 'noobs' in the business and strive to make them successful professionals. Plus, they don't just reward you for your efforts with praise, but some nice $$ as well!

Cons

If you are someone that wants a laid back, comfortable job, this may not be the place for you. Working at JCW is all about gunning for more...more growth...more money...more accomplishments. Sometimes, as someone who may not be used to the schedule, long hours are tough to survive. As a naturally laid-back person, I can tell you that it's a big challenge playing catch up to those who know how to set goals and meet... them, but if you're willing to work for it and take criticism constructively, then these "cons" become a benefit to your time here.

Advice to Management

I know that patience and encouragement is hard to practice with the newcomers, but it is greatly appreciated when it is extended. Seeing it from those who have been here for awhile has kept me focused on the goals needed to succeed without the worry of disappointing those around me. Plus it's super encouraging!

JCW Resourcing2018-11-09
  8. "Great Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time

Pros

Really great place to work, everyone is supportive and encouraging. They WANT you to succeed, which is a really rare culture to come by.

Cons

none I can think of right now

JCW Resourcing2018-11-09
  9. "Associate Consultant"

I have been working at JCW Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The team and culture cannot be beat. Genuine, hard-working, sincere, fun and smart people. -Our type of boss is rare; one that is both confident, and down-to-earth, while always maintaining good humor, and caring about each employee individually -The incentives and goal oriented structure always keep one shooting for higher and better, and bring about constant self-improvement as a professional

Cons

The hours are a little longer than other companies, but when time is money, and your team is so solid to spend time with, you tend to not mind

Advice to Management

Keep being encouraging, supportive, patient, and pushing your teams to be better

JCW Resourcing2018-05-01
  10. "Solid"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at JCW Resourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid pay if you put the effort in.

Cons

Hours can be very long early on.

Advice to Management

Let new associates know where they stand more.

JCW Resourcing2018-05-06