JHM Hotels Accounting Reviews | Glassdoor

1.2
H.P. Rama
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Well Structured Company"

Former Employee - Accountant in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at JHM Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very well structured with every level of management lending support to the other. Plenty of opportunity for growth with loyalty and strong work ethic being rewarded frequently. Company is very caring and has a family atmosphere. Employee training methods are also among the best I have seen.

Cons

As with any hospitality job, the schedules can be difficult so work/life balance takes a hit, particularly for management. Pay and benefits were about average or slightly below.

Advice to Management

Not much, really a great company to work for, I would suggest to analyze the cost of living for each city where a managed property is located in order to provide more equitable wages.

JHM Hotels Response

Mar 15, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for such constructive feedback. Comments and suggestions such as yours are important to making your experience even better and I appreciate you taking time to provide it!

"Lose Great Employees to Bullying"

Current Employee - Accounting in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Accounting in Greenville, SC

I have been working at JHM Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location is central to Greenville. The hours are decent, not much overtime required.

Cons

If you work in the accounting dept of JHM Hotels (resource center) you will be bullied by bosses and some co-workers. We lost a great employee this week because she was tired of being bullied and decided to walk away. It is really sad to see this sort of mistreatment of our employees and know that our HR dept is aware of it and chooses to do nothing to correct the situation. This is also a good reminder of why bosses should not be allowed to hire "friends" into subordinate positions, the friends tend to take advantage of the relationship to walk over their co-workers at every opportunity.

Advice to Management

When an employee comes to you to have a conversation about being mistreated, do something about it before it gets out of hand instead of letting it fester.

JHM Hotels Response

May 5, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

First, I want to Thank you for sharing this. The situation you describe is certainly not part of our culture, and not what any associate should be expected to endure as part of our family. I... More