JHM Hotels Reviews | Glassdoor

H.P. Rama

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at JHM Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company paid reasonably well for the position. They also had a good support system in place, with a knowledgeable IT department, HR Department, Revenue Management, etc.

Cons

To have high expectations is ok, but to set them at unreasonable levels is not. They fired 5 of my predecessors, as well as 4 of my successors, because they were not prodicing the results they were looking for. I gave my heart and soul to this property and yet was discarded as a piece of trash. The company did not re-invest any money into their properties.
    Instead of empowering their managers to run their properties and do what they are hired to do, the company micro-manages their managers, and prefers to turn them into paperpushers, and admins, just preparing report after report.

Advice to Management

Keep properties updated in order to remain competitive in their markets. Replacing a GM is not the solution, especially when you finally find a GM who can turn the property around.

"Front Office Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at JHM Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They did not cut my pay when we were franchised

Cons

They will not spend money to hire qualified employees or managers. I worked too many hours because I could not get qualified staff.

"Lose Great Employees to Bullying"

Current Employee - Accounting in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Accounting in Greenville, SC

I have been working at JHM Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location is central to Greenville. The hours are decent, not much overtime required.

Cons

If you work in the accounting dept of JHM Hotels (resource center) you will be bullied by bosses and some co-workers. We lost a great employee this week because she was tired of being bullied and decided to walk away. It is really sad to see this sort of mistreatment of our employees and know that our HR dept is aware of it and chooses to do nothing to correct the situation. This is also a good reminder of why bosses should not be allowed to hire "friends" into subordinate positions, the friends tend to take advantage of the relationship to walk over their co-workers at every opportunity.

Advice to Management

When an employee comes to you to have a conversation about being mistreated, do something about it before it gets out of hand instead of letting it fester.

May 5, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

First, I want to Thank you for sharing this. The situation you describe is certainly not part of our culture, and not what any associate should be expected to endure as part of our family. I ... More

"Cheap"

Pros

Since they franchise the big names, you don't get the benefits of the big names. Everything is about "budgeting". Over time is a big deal and god forbid you are one minute over. Pay is horrible and so are the benefits. Don't waste your time

Cons

Cheap and don't care about the employees

"Whatever"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at JHM Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience in a very busy hotel with a very trim employee count.

Cons

Incompetent management. Horrible benefits. Very bad scheduling and distribution of responsibilities

Advice to Management

Learn the jobs below you if you plan on insulting them for how they work. Go to business school. Take respons

Aug 17, 2015 – Vice President, Human Resources

We appreciate that you took time to comment and provide suggestions. We will share your concerns the hotel and area management in efforts to improve future experiences. Thank you again for helping us ... More

7. "senior leadership"

I have been working at JHM Hotels full-time

Pros

Owners are very friendly to staff. Corporate highly involved with renovations and upgrades to the properties.

Cons

Owners are unaware of property managers. Senior property managers are not aware of day-to-day operations since they all leave their property by 6pm each day or being absent to play golf during the week. Hourly staff very unhappy with senior managers.

Advice to Management

Take a strong look at the practices of the senior property staff

Jan 11, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Your concerns are important and I invite you to contact your regional director of operations, or the JHM Hotels Care-Line to provide additional details ... More

8. "Where do I even begin?"

Former Employee - Hostess/Room Service/Server in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Hostess/Room Service/Server in Greenville, SC

Pros

Cross training opportunities and a fun team to work with.

Cons

Horrible benefits and over worked employees with little to no pay. Every day was like a day on the set of the Real World. The CEO and his family treated all employees like it is portrayed on the film Devil Wears Prada. You find out how you are performing on an online portal rather than in person. With food service, no one is drug tested so many employees would come in strung out. We had so many good employees that were never rewarded.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap, reward your good performers with more money.

Oct 3, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your detailed feed back. Our company strives to create a respectful and safe work environment and your comments will be brought to the attention of our leadership and hotels to ensure ... More

9. "Unprofessional"

I worked at JHM Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working in the hotel industry and did enjoy my career but I cannot think of many pros of the company itself. They do give back to the community often which is a plus.

Cons

Management is unprofessional to say the least. Upper management does not care at all about their employees and that trickles down the chain of command making for an unpleasant work environment. Pay is below their competitors and benefits are a joke.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees from all departments with respect. Offer better benefits when possible. I realize the healthcare plans can sometimes be a challenge with a company of this size, however, the lack of sick days is a major con.

Oct 28, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Your concerns and advice are important to helping us improve. Our company culture has always been to take care of our associates and to ... More

"It's an ok company"

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JHM Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't really have any pros at the moment. I'm a little aggravated with the company at the moment because they are dragging there feet to promote a GM.

Cons

Very long hours and they don't want to pay you what you deserve. I actually had the owner of the company say to me "I wouldn't do this job for what I pay you".

Advice to Management

My direct management is great. It's what is above her that isn't.

"Great Morals but Low Pay"

I have been working at JHM Hotels full-time

Pros

Offered training, management (corporate) was very involved on property levels, excellent sales huddles and yearly meetings, very good at recognizing strengths, organized

Cons

Horrible pay for the amount of work and budget that is asked of you, benefits were equally as horrible

Advice to Management

Place value into the amount of work your sales team does for the company by compensating them.

Aug 17, 2015 – Vice President, Human Resources

We appreciate your comments and will share them with our sales team as well as the company leadership. Improvements are always based on company values and what our associates provide to us in ... More