KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

JK Moving Services

Engaged Employer

JK Moving Services

Add a Review

JK Moving Services Employee Reviews about "core values"

Updated Jul 5, 2020

Found 9 of over 174 reviews

4.4
JK Moving Services Founder, President and CEO Charles Kuhn (no image)
Charles Kuhn
Pros
  • "Very nice profit-sharing program(in 12 reviews)

• "JK Moving is a mature, stable company offering a good solid career path for its employees(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours, very early start times(in 6 reviews)

• "Not too many cons, sometimes work/life balance is challenging especially during busiest summer months(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of JK Moving Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "core values"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company with amazing leadership.

Jul 5, 2020 - Vice President Business Development in Sterling, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees really live by the core values. Very supportive environment.

Cons

Offices are way outside the city.

1 person found this review helpful

HRIS Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. While our headquarters are in Sterling, VA, we have also have offices in Gaithersburg, MD, Woodbridge, VA, and Washington, DC as well as certain remote work opportunities.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Strong Core Values

May 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The COVID-19 Pandemic has created hardships for most employers and employees. It is great to work for an organization that has core values so strong that employees continue to live them daily. Together We Succeed is in the heart of our core values and continues to keep the organization and employees looking forward and working together. Great people to work with!

Cons

I do not have any cons worth mentioning.

2 people found this review helpful

HRIS Administrator

Thank you for your comments.

3. 5.0

Great Place To Work!!!

May 14, 2020 - Current Employee in Sterling, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family and work balance, CEO that really cares about all the employee's and their family, Great Pay, Core Values!!

Cons

I have none at this time.

HRIS Administrator

Thank you for leaving feedback.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 14, 2020 - Senior Accounting Manager in Sterling, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Great company core values that are really lived out by employees. Very nice profit-sharing program. Executive management team is down to earth and approachable, a true open door policy. The JK Community Farm is an amazing give back to the community.

Cons

No cons working for this company

HRIS Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees love being active in the community. In addition to volunteering to plant and harvest at the JK Community Farm, employees organize a variety of activities throughout the year, such as bake sales to benefit Operation Smile, Wreaths Across America, Cycle for Survival, and more.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Communication during a Stressful Time!

Apr 3, 2020 - Manager in Sterling, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working relationships, talented colleagues, transparent communication. I can't say enough about the communication during the COVID-19 Crisis. Every step of the way the leadership team has had open and frank communication with the entire enterprise. Our CEO had had multiple virtual townhalls that have been both informative and provided employees the ability to ask questions and seek future guidance. I have worked in many organization and this is the first where an organization actually lives up to their core values.

Cons

There is no real negatives that I can think of.

HRIS Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. Check out the latest news and information on our COVID-19 Information page in the Commit2Growth Employee Portal. I hope you and your family and safe and healthy.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

One of the best places I have ever worked

Feb 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open communication, great management, training, advancement opportunities, Core values are lived, family oriented business

Cons

Pay could be a little better.

HRIS Administrator

In addition to competitive pay, we also offer a wide range of benefits including company-paid Profit Sharing, Career Service Award Bonuses, annual Safe Harbor 401(k) contribution, Referral bonuses, medical/dental/vision, Life/AD&D insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more. Thank you for your feedback.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Organization on a mission...

Mar 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

...where the company core values actually mean something and are lived every day. Everyone around me is trying to make the company the best customer serving moving company in the country. The peer pressure to be excellent is refreshing. Making every customer's experience a good one is the mission. When something happens and a move doesn't go as planned this organization really anguishes about it - figures out what went wrong and implements actions to not let whatever negative experience occur for the next customer. These people really care - and that makes it a great place to work!

Cons

Nothing significant enough to rant about here... :-)

HRIS Administrator

"Caring and Courteous" is one of our Core Values and we expect all employees to live up to this value every day. Our superior customer care is one of the things that distinguishes us from our competitors. As a growing company, we continue to emphasize the caring and courteous company culture. Thank you for taking the time to leave comments.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Sound, Strategic, Succesful

Nov 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is grounded on sound business practices with organization wide core values. Great culture and place to see how a well run company looks and feels. These lessons apply not only in business, but in life.

Cons

The industry lacks innovation, youth and drive for change. JK is moving to address these industry specific deficiencies.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

We sincerely appreciate the feedback that you have provided as a valued member of our team. Our overall goal is to provide a great place to work and as we grow we hope that you will continue to contribute to the company's success.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

VP Sale and Business Development

Aug 18, 2015 - Vice President Sales & Business Development in Sterling, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

JK's Core Values and commitment to their employees make working here feel more like a career rather than a job. Furthermore, the companies focus on strategic planning and future growth help to motivate everyone to contribute 110% all the time to the success of the company.

Cons

There truly are no negatives I can think of, only opportunities to grow! The downside of our industry overall is that the low barrier to entry makes it easy for startups with no training or exerience to damage the reputation of all moving and relocation companies. This can make it harder and harder for "Pro-Movers" who operate by a set of core values.

2 people found this review helpful