JLL Reviews | Glassdoor

JLL President & CEO Christian Ulbrich
Christian Ulbrich

1,601 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance can be handled better (in 84 reviews)

• Long hours and lots of fieldwork (can be a good or a bad thing, depending) (in 41 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr. Property Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and support from management. Benefits are also good. 401k matching is also very good.

Cons

None, long time employee and very happy with JLL.

2. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All perks of working for a big company, good benefits and care options.

Cons

Wish for more transparency between upper level management and employees. Tough to help other people looking for opportunities within the company.

3. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JLL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fully capitalized and trying to be on the cutting edge of the industry.

Cons

Hard to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Foster more discussion between Lower and Mid-Level employees.

4. "Facilities Manager"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Advancements, Professional Relationships, Work Life Balance, Employees are important, Ethical, Challenging. I have been with JLL for 7 years; started as an Admin and now I'm a Facilities Manager whose portfolio consists of managing my Client's HQs and other high profiled locations. If you set attainable goals, put the hard work in and truly enjoy what you do and it shows there are lots of opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

Every job with any company has its challenges. However, JLL gives you the opportunity to change your environment. If you feel you hit the end of your path with a particular client and you've made the best of your time on a particular account and put in the effort there are endless opportunities.

Advice to Management

I have been fortunate to have worked for some amazing managers. As a manager myself, listening to your employees should always be a priority.

5. "Excellent Work Place, Great Benefits, Amazing Management"

Current Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Richmond, VA

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very positive workplace, a lot of learning and growth within the company. Management is amazing, always there to help. Normal work hours, salary based. 2 plus weeks PTO starting off.

Cons

No bonuses, Can not work remotely if needed, budget cuts make it hard to travel to other sites

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Broker Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Broker Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at JLL (Less than a year)

Pros

Great upside and earning potential

Cons

Not for people who aren't competitive.

7. "All the benefits of working for Fortune 500 company"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JLL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, I have to give 5 stars because I highly recommend this company and enjoy my job. Sometimes a project might be challenging or won't go smooth, or I'll be frustrated and disagree with a colleague on something, but these things don't take away from the fact that JLL has been an outstanding employer.

Can't speak for everyone, but work/life balance is exceptional. My boss is flexible and allows me to come in/leave at my choosing. I usually come in around 7:30 and leave before 5 pm every day. And some days when I stay until 5:30 or later, I am the last person around.

Not consistently, but there is sometimes catered food in the cafe kitchen on the floor, including Wellness Wednesdays, with fruit or healthy breakfast and snack options.

There are a LOT of company social events and happy hours, especially since we have The Club (coffee shop and lounge space) on one of the floors in our office.

My manager is open to WFH, as are most managers here, although I don't utilize it unless I have something important going on. Otherwise, I could WFH once per week. If you're senior management, you can WFH twice per week I believe. This also means the office is never too crowded.

The benefits are good. 4% company match with a good range of funds to choose from, good health incentives program where you earn a fair amount of money for getting routine checkups and being healthy, and they offer a basic insurance plan that is dirt cheap. Perfect for a healthy adult who uses their HSA, which the company also puts money into.

Cons

The office is never crowded, but: So. Many. Colleagues. Sometimes you don't even know who to contact about things. In past jobs, I've worked for global firms and big companies but nothing like this. Rather standard materials aren't accessible unless you reach out directly to the appropriate person.

Some people complain about it, so I guess I will put it in "Cons" although it's better pay than most places in general: the pay is not as great as some other firms for some positions. That said, I personally make above market average for someone in my role with my experience. Maybe other business lines don't mirror this.

Also, HR functions like PTO aren't tracked in a system (at least to my knowledge...) so it's kind of up to you and/or your manager to track your days. My manager doesn't track them strictly, but I do and am honest about it, fortunately for my boss.

Big projects require a lot of moving parts, and a lot of moving parts means a lot of people are involved. When a lot of people are involved, communications on progress and updates to the project are paramount. Oftentimes, these communications are not shared to all involved parties, and it causes confusion. Never has it really impacted the final product, but it creates road bumps.

Advice to Management

I don't really know how, since the company is so huge, but: find a way to strengthen internal communications and make materials that are pertinent to all employees of a department actually available to all employees within the department, some projects and simple tasks would be swifter.

Also consider making bonuses accessible to more than just employees at senior level or higher. Many employees start company a step below senior and, while promotions occur, a lot of great team members have been stuck a notch below senior for 2-3 years when they probably deserved a slight bonus for their work. All things considered, I'm sure they at least got annual salary raises.

8. "The Best Commercial Real Estate Company in the World"

Former Employee - Tenant Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Tenant Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at JLL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- A level of professionalism that cannot be touched
    -Use of technology and support to make success more achievable
    -Highly recommend working here if seeking a position in commercial real estate

Cons

Was a tenant representative. Often felt as if others were trying to sneak in on my business. However, the culture of the company usually prevented that type of behavior

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example!!

9. "PTSD in the Auto Industry"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ethically sound firm, endless educational and professional training with excellent great benefits.

Cons

Some sites are extremely challenging and transfering within some markets is difficult.

Advice to Management

Be willing to listen to the onsite management teams to understand the site situations.

10. "MHE Tech I (Operating Engineer)"

Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Tacoma, WA

I worked at JLL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The onboarding process was well organized and FAQs were addressed.

Cons

The company hired some good administrators but failed shortly in placing personnel according to their knowledge, skills, and abilities.

Advice to Management

Employees showing the amplitude, ambition, and interest to cross train in other areas should have been encouraged to do so much sooner. The high turnover rate was a direct result of management hiring and promoting personnel with disciplinary issues in key leadership roles. Lower level technicians were often not selected for new equipment training, but they were in fact, the first responder to equipment failures. Having more personnel trained to deal with equipment failures and procedures to respond to them would have been an asset, not a liability.

Showing 1,601 of 1,708 reviews