JLL 1,466 Reviews | Glassdoor

JLL President & CEO Christian Ulbrich
Christian Ulbrich

1,466 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be a struggle (in 78 reviews)

• Working in the professional services arm led to long hours (in 37 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr. Property Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and support from management. Benefits are also good. 401k matching is also very good.

Cons

None, long time employee and very happy with JLL.

"Outstanding in its field."

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL

Pros

Amazing, intelligent, quality people delivering outstanding business results and value for clients. The values of its people (respectful, considerate, very well educated) set JLL apart from other real estate services companies. Numerous opportunity for growth, a great place to start and end a career in real estate. It various divisions allow employees a chance to see real estate from both sides. The firm understands life balance well.

Cons

Only because of is size and 'silos' of the firm means you must work to learn more about different divisions and to network your way to a new position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive momentum. Be careful and screen thouroughly the street brokers you hire. Consider investing in development projects - i.e., taking more risk.

3. "Great place to work in a great city."

Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work/life balance was very good- much of the office went to the gym during lunch nearly every day. Hours were usually reasonable, particularly in the summer. Pay was average to slightly above average, but was fairly bonus-dependent. There were also a lot of great and talented people working at JLL, and they have unbelievable resources due to its size and scope. They also gave me a great opportunity to work on large, high-profile deals.

Cons

The pay could have been higher. Also, it is difficult to move up without an MBA.

Advice to Management

I would advise them to maybe not try and grow quite so quickly.

5. "Opportunity knocks...JLL is a great place to get in, hone your skills and move up within the company."

Current Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

The company has so many growth opportunities right now, new accounts are being brought on all over the country and globally. There are so many resources available via internal websites but the connection between employees is great. You can pick up the phone in CA and call someone in NY to ask opinions, past experiences etc. and everyone is very willing to share information. It makes it so much easier and many times someone has already faced an issue that you are currently dealing with and have solved it, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Cons

It's a big company and everyone is busy. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer to reach someone at the corporate offices. As there are a lot of people that the core business is supporting. Some times it seems that we can stretch ourselves so thin that we are only hurting ourselves.

Advice to Management

Seek out the right people for the account management/FM positions, don't just fill the position. If you have the right person in place the account will grow based upon the Client/FM relationship. Realize and understand that some items are better left to the FM and Client to work out.

6. "Great work environment for employees at all levels"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Great corporate culture. The company works hard to groom it's employees both in terms of personal development and career progression. Management is usually very good and communication from upper management is very clear. They let you know what the expectations are, and good performance is usually well rewarded.

Cons

Can be long hours depending on the project that you're working on. Working on the weekend isn't the norm, but it's not too unusual either. Hours are usually 50-60 hours a week, though some departments work harder than others. Recently, there have been some labor reductions around the country as revenues are down in 2008 as compared with previous years.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Great atmosphere to work in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Mobility within the organization. There are so many business groups an individual works with on a daily basis that it is easy to build relationships with others and transfer between groups.

Cons

The people I've worked with are fabulous that I really don't have any downsides for the company

Advice to Management

continue focusing on building employee skills

8. "Jones Lang Lasalle - a great place for real estate project management opportunities"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Competitive salary, good career opportunities, potential to work with multiple clients on smaller multiple projects or one client on a large project.

Cons

I cannot think of any so far.

Advice to Management

Continue to update employees on new project wins, and continue to encourage employees to work with different clients.

9. "?"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

It's such an amazing global network, and the opportunities are endless as long as you're actively looking for them. This is in part because I work at the world headquarters with some of the smartest people in the industry. The opportunity for growth may be less so in the smaller markets where there arent' as many departments.

Cons

There really aren't any that I can think of. I've been there for one year now and have significantly increased my responsibility level. It's a tough market right now so I'm not sure what the raises will look like next year, however, I know that my managers will be as fair as possible.

Advice to Management

10. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Lots of room for professional growth
    Company makes huge efforts to match personality with client
    Many free in house educational opportunities
    Allow many employees the option to work from home
    Great work-life balance
    Fantastic benefits package
    Very woman friendly
    Great IT support

Cons

They did not have a diverse enough client portfolio and suffered greatly during the recession
    For me this was not an issue but for some people not having administrative staff could be an issue(to handle copy, scanning, mailing, etc)
    Changed to a lesser health plan during my employment

Advice to Management

JLL was my favorite place of all time to work. I hope that once the company recovers from the impacts of the recession that I can return.

11. "Great company, good people - Corporate Real Estate has never been so fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Collaborative culture with hard working, experienced and professional people.
    Firmwide focus on business strategy for our clients and how we can do better.
    Great recognition for hard work.
    Flexible work arrangements - work from home policies and good PTO benefits.
    Competitive salary with good bonus based on performance.

Cons

Large corporation sometimes creates a distance between executive level management and local management strategy.

Advice to Management

Organizational changes and strategic focus of the firm would benefit from the input of employees at every level.

Showing 1,466 of 1,556 reviews