JLL Reviews | Glassdoor

JLL President & CEO Christian Ulbrich
Christian Ulbrich

1,557 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be a struggle (in 83 reviews)

• Working in the professional services arm led to long hours (in 40 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr. Property Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and support from management. Benefits are also good. 401k matching is also very good.

Cons

None, long time employee and very happy with JLL.

"Be careful about Jones Lang LaSalle"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

Very large company. Many accounts. If you get into a good account (good managers), you may have oppoortunities to grow. Vast knowledge base.

Cons

Very political. Property managers on my account were never to advance. They were only meant to fill a postion until they quit. When I quit after 18 months, (I was one of the first hired into the account) I made for a 60% turnover in the account. Everyone wanted out. No one advanced. I was promised that if I stayed for one year I could transfer to another account. After one year, I found another position in another account, interviewed and had a verbal offer. Then the management in my account refused to let me go. From what I understand, it is still the same. A secretary in the main office confirmed my suspicions about never being allowed out of the account.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about the position. Allow people to grow out from under you. This is what makes happy workers. Be honest.

"TOOOOO MUCH TURNOVER IN UPPER MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Manager in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Manager in Lexington, KY

Pros

Big Company. Many accounts. Diversity is allowed (although not supported by all manager). Sometimes bonuses are paid.

Cons

Turn over of upper management is crazy. Work for JLL for 7 years and had 6 different regional managers. No one stays. No way to advance because you are always starting over. Health plan keeps shrinking. Bonus are not provided annually even though profits have skyrocketed.

Advice to Management

Reduce turnover. No way for anyone in the field to advance because you are always starting over with a new regional or area manager. Sometimes, this happens twice a year. It is crazy

"Unfair & Bullies"

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Only if you have a good account, a good Manager & a fair amount of work; you might be okay.

Cons

You can be at a healthy stage with work & all of a sudden be overwhelmed after an organizational change; leaving you with double to triple the work. This goes with no extra help or pay which has cost many their jobs

Advice to Management

JLL really needs to start looking at the work load/tasks they are giving to their employees. This in the end produces sick employess overwhelmed by stress; not good!!! Just because JLL is a big company, they shouldn't take advantage of their employees; but help them instead by listening when they are told by their employees that they are overloaded with work.

"The worst workplace experience of my life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great benefits package. All the perks you would expect from working for a massive corporate entity, but you pay for it in blood.

Cons

This company is so delineated that you never feel part of the process. The company doesn't not value its employees, but rather uses them as conduits of a machine. There is no personal achievement recognition, and the employee generally is not valued as a person. Management in my division shouldn't be allowed to run a flea circus, and made it to where she is by kissing the right backsides, and using and exploiting the hard work of her employees as her own achievements all the while while not giving credit where it is due.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to the backbone of the company. The grinders and employers (I'm in management). The opinions of the executives are actually all lies and are made to mask the true issues of the company. Value all employee opinions, not just the ones who report upward.

"Culture antiquated and driven by testosterone and one female's whims."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Pros

The majority of the staff work well together and several provide exceptional help and direction when needed without complaint.

Cons

The executive admin controls too much in this office due to the "I can't be bothered" attitude of the director and others. Her workplace behavior and inexplicable negative verbal attacks toward others has led to the loss of many would-be great employees without reprimand. I was unable to adequately perform many of my duties due to her refusal to provide me with access to the necessary programs because I was a temporary employee; yet when it was necessary to hire an additional temp due to a regular employees illness, this individual was instantly provided with all the access that she needed and I was terminated almost immediately afterward.

Advice to Management

Take an active interest in ALL of your employees, regardless of the amount of money they bring into the company because failing to do so has resulted in the loss of many great, talented people.

"My experience was negative and disappointing."

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The industry is a great one to work in. I learned a lot about Project Management.

Cons

Management is very unprofessional. They expect a lot from employees and have poor communication skills. They do not support talented hardworking people. You have to be a part of a certain socioeconomic group to thrive in that company.

Advice to Management

JLL needs more diversity in their leadership and management style. They need to reevaluate how they judge their employees. They need to offer career paths for their employees.

"Under appreciated, Would it hurt to say thanks once in a while?"

Current Employee - Operating Engineer in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Operating Engineer in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at JLL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

40 hrs a week, thats the only thing good to say at this time.

Cons

Company is way to top heavy, We have three managers for 3 different shift, and they report to another manager, who in turn reports to another manager, all at the same location. Why do we have a manager for a 2 employee shift? Does it really take that much management for 2 people?

Advice to Management

We are too micro managed, the lastest grip from upper management was because we were not checking the check boxes on a safety inspection. We would do the inspection and draw a solid line through the check boxes, however it gave them the impression that we were failing to do the required inspection. Really, that pretty petty that you micro manage how a form is filled out. YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS IF YOU ARE CRITICIZING A CHECK MARK. GO DO SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT. I will remind you we have a spotless safety record with no reported injuries.

"Not even a nice place to visit."

Current Employee - Real Estate Lease Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Real Estate Lease Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at JLL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can think of very few pros in the lease administration department in Dallas. I imagine there are several if you manage to work in another division.

Cons

The work itself is tedious. The processes are overwrought and the workloads are crushing. You are assigned a laptop and provided with access to work remotely, which you will be doing 3 out of 4 weekends. Any mistakes/errors, you will be thrown under the bus. I am actively looking for work elsewhere.

Advice to Management

No advice. There is a shoot the messenger mentality here.

"Deceptive untrained leadership"

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at JLL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company with lots of opportunities if you are a shark.

Cons

This company is full or "VPs" that are are trying to rise to the top at any cost. Not only will they bash each other behind their backs, but the management are so clueless that they need the coordinators and analysts to do their work for them. The middle managers are filled with spineless mid 40 year olds who have no ambition to find a better job, so they actually execute the poorly baked ideas of the "VPs" There must have been 15 "VPs" in the T-Mobile account. These were the rejects that floated over from the failed Bacnk of America account.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be a manager. Learn people skills and figure out how to convince your staff that you actually care.

Showing 1,557 of 1,658 reviews