JM Brennan Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
  1. "Family owned"

Current Employee - Sheet Metal Worker in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at JM Brennan Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that takes care of its field employees. Management works well with the union. Skilled tradesman are treated with equal respect among office personnel. Wages are good. If you need tools to do your job they will get you what you need. They dont play games with your paycheck or benefits. Owners are great people. They always have work, not too many layoffs.

Cons

Office parties a little too much, need to focus on the jobs at hand a little more. Many jobs require HI VIS clothing yet the company doesn’t even have HI VIS apparel.

JM Brennan Inc2018-03-05
  2. "assistant project manager"

I have been working at JM Brennan Inc full-time

Pros

I enjoy the type of work I do. It is interesting and challenging and there is a real sense of teamwork here. I like working with all of the people here.

Cons

There is not an official training program so you have to work closely with the other people at first to get a handle on your position.

JM Brennan Inc2017-10-18
  3. "Exciting"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at JM Brennan Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was recently hired and love the environment and atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and appreciative. They really seem to work together and they are growing tremendously.

Cons

I don't know everyone in all of the departments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

JM Brennan Inc2017-10-10
  4. "This company seems to be going places"

I have been working at JM Brennan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a new employee and I love the new building and the culture. Everyone works together as a team and is in such a good mood.

Cons

Very busy. Company seems to be growing.

JM Brennan Inc2017-01-30
  5. "Good company"

I worked at JM Brennan Inc

Pros

owners were fair and treated employees well. Lots of overtime and summer hours were pretty much unlimited. No layoffs in winter

Cons

Outside work in changing weather conditions, rushed around quite a bit, lot of turnover for the job duties, not much training

Advice to Management

Train employees more to reduce turnover. Be more involved in day to day operations, be more organized, and keep workers informed

JM Brennan Inc2016-07-04
    • "Always fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at JM Brennan Inc

Pros

Every day is different. Because we are in the service business, our work day is never the same. And I like the challenge of dealing with the customers. It is very rewarding.

Cons

We have been growing and are in the midst of an building remodel and expansion. We could use the space.

Advice to Management

Let us know when the new building will be done. I want to move.

JM Brennan Inc2016-01-25
    • "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at JM Brennan Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are encouraged to grow in their jobs and responsibilities. Great, family friendly environment. Lots of growth and opportunities to do what you like to do.

Cons

With the growth, there are always some growing pains. It can be very busy and a lot is expected of people. At least you are recognized and rewarded for your hard work though.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your people and knowing what they are doing. Maintain the close, family business atmosphere. Keep in mind all the things that got you to this point and keep it up!

JM Brennan Inc2015-08-29

"it's not what you know but who you screw"

I have been working at JM Brennan Inc full-time

Pros

More play time then actual work, encouraged to build your liquor tolerances, sleeping your way to the top rewarded

Cons

Owners constantly pit their employees against each other sport. Everyone is out for themselves and will do whatever it takes to make themselves look good. You can have no family life as you are required to partake in all owner mandated functions. Field guys get the shaft. They do the work so the people in the office can drink the day away.

Advice to Management

If you don't care about your company's reputation, then continue as is. Your leadership reflects in your employee's work ethic.

JM Brennan Inc2015-06-12

"Where drinking on the job is encouraged and family is discouraged"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at JM Brennan Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you like drinking on the job or having a drink cart come around before lunch then this is the place for you.

Cons

Your first day you are encouraged to drink and have a "good" time. You need to watch what you say because of the gossip that is spread like crazy. FIeld employees are unreliable for jobs and do not trust your decisions. Coworkers often stab you in the back just to climb the corporate ladder. The owners have lost touch with their company.

Advice to Management

Allow families to take off half a day for a doctor's appointment and clean up your act so it is less of a fraternity and more like a business. Pay people what they are worth.

JM Brennan Inc2014-11-04