JM Field Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Field

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JM Field Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family environment which provides a more laid back atmosphere. My boss really cares about her employees and always looks out for them. They put together nice events to ensure the staff gets to interact with each other outside of work. CEO has an open door policy which to me is awesome! Every Friday we get bagels and donuts which is super nice of them to do also and not to mention the many many lunches they provide throughout the year. If you are a hard worker and loyal you shouldn't have any problems here.

Cons

I think there could be better systems in place for certain situations but thats an easy fix for any company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"It's true."

I have been working at JM Field Marketing full-time

Pros

Central location if you live in Broward county. Not open on the weekends. Easy work - as long as you look busy, you will be fine.

Cons

I'll be honest, I had not heard about Glassdoor until I overheard management and other employees talk about this site, so I had to check it out. I have to agree with most of the reviews here, this is not a place you want to stay at. The pay is low, even with the recent title shuffling and some random "raises", which were in part triggered by the negative press they are receiving relating to salaries etc. It seems the core management group delegates the busy work to the lower ranked people, paying less while they receive more. I have to agree also with the situation of the place, old, moldy, dirty storage, products have layers of dust.. grimey, ugly warehouses.. and that is in the main building, remote ones are downright scary. Management is a little on the bipolar side, will fire you if in a bad mood and will invite you to play games the next to make up for stuff (no one really goes - no surprise there). I have to say there are a couple of nice , smart people, but just as all smart people here, they all will leave. My advice is to take this for in-between jobs or while you go to school, you have plenty of access to do your own work.

Advice to Management

Go to management school.

3. "'OK'"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JM Field Marketing full-time

Pros

Activities every month, bagels, coffee machines, great people (somehow), great boss, flexible schedule, very comfortable infrastructure, they want to improve the company constantly.

Cons

I think that they want to keep the old employees and replace anybody else.
    Old people = old school ideas.
    Boring people = Boring ideas and a boring atmosphere as well.
    This is interesting because they are working with brands and products that need to have an impact on the outside.

Advice to Management

I think they could look for more creative people with a new vision.

"Stay away from here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JM Field Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Donouts and bagels
    They cook you food sometimes
    A little nice people
    Vacation but they forget in pay and then the lady and the girl gets mad if you ask
    Pay more if you don't take insurance

Cons

They say flex but there is no flex time. You have to track your time in the computer like jail. Managers are too busy to help they only stay on their accounts. Confusing who your boss is manager, senior, director, or two presidents. President will fire you if he is in a bad mood and changes what managers say all the time. family work there and they will be your boss or be very mean but still work there

"Don't invest your time here"

Current Employee - Marketing in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JM Field Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A couple of people are okay, they have the same clear picture as me that this is not a place to stay, we keep to ourselves most of the time

Cons

Low salaries for 2017, old equipment and technology. They buy everything used and ran down. I notice lots of family members. I occasionally speak to people on the web side, they seem to have the same sentiment: Low salaries, unpleasant managers and to take this job only until something else comes along. The people I read about being here 10++ years are part of the clique only. In general, I would advise to take a job here but to keep focused on this only being a temporary thing, this is not a place to spend more than a few months. They know this also, which is why you see people off of Craigslist parading through everyday. A revolving door ensures low salaries they have to pay. They recently announced an incentive program that pays only a few dollars. Just collect your weekly paycheck and stay focused, seems every person I thought was smart and cool enough to talk, has left or is thinking of leaving.

Advice to Management

This is a family business being advertised as a marketing company, it is ultimately up to the owner how he wants to run this place. It is also ultimately up to you to do more with your life that staying here for more than a few months.

7. "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JM Field Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that will allow you to explore all possibilities so you can bring the best of you. They treat their employees as part of their family.

Cons

As any other company theirs no security of tenure. I'm only speaking about my own experience, loyalty doesn't matter to the management.

Advice to Management

I wish you can spend more time to train your employees and value the work they are doing to your company.

"On To The Next One..."

Former Employee - SEO Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - SEO Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JM Field Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FlexTime is GREAT! Sometimes there is an accident or you run into a few extra traffic lights and at this company that is no problem. FlexTime allows you to arrive ANYTIME between 7:30 - 9:30 and leave between 4:30 - 6:30 Monday - Friday. As long as you get in your 40 hours no problem. You will be paid weekly!

Cons

Every day I would walk in, smile and say "Good Morning" to the ladies that sit in the front desk. I could count on my hands the times I ever got a smile or even glance. I thought how rude and unprofessional! Then I quickly realized this is the culture there, very cold.
    There is NO ROOM for advancement, even though they will say otherwise of course. The people in top management have all been there 10++ years. Many of them are family members and it creates an awkward vibe. Clearly they all receive favoritism! One of the managers would bring her baby to the office. They are all a huge clique so of course no one says anything. Really who wants a baby in the office???
    My manager was unpleasant to say the least. Not to sure why she is still there because there have been problems with this individual being rude to employees before. Obviously they don't care! If I would ever approach her and she was in a bad mood she would be rude with a dismissive attitude. When I did go into her office it was just to hear her blab so she could boost her own ego. One minute she would act nice and then she would switch to making sarcastic comments then play it off like she was “joking”.
    In fact the department I was in is a joke. Meetings all a joke and even the work itself is a joke because no one knows what they are doing half the time. Very micro-managed , felt like a kid in high school. The technology, chairs, desks and equipment are old. It is like they do not want to pay to give their employees the best resources to succeed. I really do not recommend this place to anyone unless you have no other options or you are ok just going in, doing your 8 hours, and leaving. Just being honest, you have been warned!

Advice to Management

Stop being such a tight clique and make a genuine effort to invovle all employees not just in events but giving everyone a fair shot to advance. Management needs to change and start treating employees better.

"High expectations with no reward."

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JM Field Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady job M-F. Bagels and Donuts on Friday. Meet some great people. No work on weekends. They won't fire you for coming in late.

Cons

The owner of the company doesn't know or understand how to treat and take care of his employees. He thinks it's ok to talk and treat you however he wants. That's not how you run a company. There is absolutely no training. You're expected to sink or swim with their proprietary system that is full of bugs and never works properly. If you aren't with the "in crowd" don't expect to move up and advance in the company. If you are someone looking for a entry level job this is the one for you. The pay sucks. Account Coordinators make $34k to start. There is no 401k plan.

Advice to Management

Give more reviews. Acknowledge employees rather than telling them they're the worst employees you have in front of coworkers. It's unprofessional. The CEO should be running the company and the owner should be home relaxing in my opinion. The company should hold monthly meetings with all of the employees to listen to what they think and feel.

10. "Started off Ok, but went down hill fast!"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at JM Field Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fellow warehouse workers at warehouse #9 were great. often willing to help. some sales guys were cool too. there was also coffee and dough nuts.

Cons

some of the sales guys often treated the warehouse workers badly. and well as micro managing them. turned an otherwise ok job to something I didnt look forward to. the warehouse also needs desperate organizing. since it takes too long to find certain items. but no priority was put forward for that to be done. there was also too many odd rules. like no sitting on the floor, even if there is no available tables. and no drinking coffee in the warehouse. only in the break room. as for raises, it was only offered if you move to a different position in the company.

I was really hoping this company was not as cold as most of those large corporate ones out there. but it seems as they try to grow the company, theyre loosing the good friendly part of a company that makes people want to stay.

Advice to Management

make the sales guys treat the warehouse workers better. they dont need to be micro managed! and they should be at the same level as the sales guys. not above! also relax some of these odd rules. it shouldnt matter if someone for example eats at the warehouse as long as the job gets done.

"Marketing director"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Seemed to be a great company to work for

Cons

Salary was to low and need to offer medical benefits

Advice to Management

Pay more with benefits