JMA IT Reviews in Overland Park, KS | Glassdoor

JMA IT President Joseph Melookaran
Joseph Melookaran

1. "Ok"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at JMA IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encourages continuing education by certifications. Enjoyable co-workers. Some travel involved at company expense. Overall was good experience and addition to resume.

Cons

We would jump from one project to another within a matter of minutes. This usually happened multiple times within a day.

2. "Lack of compassion and leadership to keep the business going."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Overland Park, KS

I worked at JMA IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers and team events. First line management was decent and quick to respond. Open door policy from lower management levels.

Cons

Transparent upper level management with only themselves at heart. They lack any compassion for the employees or actual success of the company. Been gone a couple years but have heard it's gotten worse and employees are jumping ship. President does not lead well or show that he cares about the company or employees that make it run for him.

Advice to Management

A business is built from the ground up. Keep your talent around and empower the employees, they in turn will add value to your company.

3. "Really bad culture"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at JMA IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined a few months ago and already looking to get out..pay is ok but no future.

Cons

No future for this company. The culture absolutely sucks

Advice to Management

Get your act together. No one seems to care and seems to just drawing money and pulling along.

5. "Used to be a great company but not anymore"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at JMA IT full-time

Pros

Right now, in March 2016, I would say the only pro is that it's "a job". I used to love working at this company, but about 6 months ago things took a real turn for the worst. The CEO only cares about himself and not the personal and professional growth of his employees.

Cons

They are involved in some potentially shady practices and the contracts are unstable. The CEO is not concerned with the well being of his people, and does not even follow correct labor laws. They disbanded almost an entire branch of the company in the last month or two and the environment is very depressing and full of mistrust. It's such a shame cause it used to be fantastic.

Advice to Management

Treat others as you would wish to be treated. Being hungry for money at the expense of everything else will only get you into trouble.

6. "Network Engineer"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at JMA IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The consulting environment allowed a lot of exposure to technology within a large global wireless carrier. The work was fast paced and demanded attention to detail.

Cons

I always felt like I was only on a contract and always questioned if I would still be employed when the current project was over.

7. "A Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Government Division Program Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Government Division Program Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at JMA IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at JMA is like working with open minded friends that are supportive and helpful. I love the environment and I value my coworkers and the experience and expertise they bring to the table! My voice is heard and my opinion counts. We continue to grow and innovation is expected and welcomed.

Cons

The open environment (seating) was a bit of a shock but I have come to really enjoy it. Working closely with my peers, rather than sitting in a cube jungle, has opened new avenues of communication and livened up the work day.

Advice to Management

Try to keep the small company feel as we grow.

8. "Great Experience, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at JMA IT part-time (More than a year)

Pros

JMA has some of the friendliest and most talented employees. It is a very relaxed, friendly, and often fun work environment. The management team is very supportive of employee growth and are very appreciative of hard work. Hard work is always recognized and rewarded. Experience has been nothing but positive.

Cons

Nothing, has been nothing but positive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it has been a great experience.

"Best place for work life balance"

Current Employee - Programs Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Programs Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at JMA IT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding management team. Very supportive of employee personal and professional growth. Honest, caring, reliable, competitive, client focused at all levels from contract management, service delivery and cost effective programs to save clients money. Employee performance is always rewarded!! Annual reviews and pay increases are common and often with all employes.

Cons

NO CONS GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Advice to Management

Keep supporting employee work-like balance. Appreciate all the continuing education opportunities you provide. Love the employee outings quarterly

"Engaged, Customer Focused Services Provider"

Current Contractor - Program Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Contractor - Program Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at JMA IT as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cometitive pay and benefits, Seeks out and enables highly motivated self starters, Great office environment, Highly adaptive to customer needs, Ethically focused, Employees are a great mix of cultural, age, and experiential diversity, Open door and engaged upper management, JMA treats customers and employees as business partners

Cons

None... so far, so good...

Advice to Management

Continue to put yourself out in front of your employees. They know who you are, what you are about, and appreciate the leadership.

11. "The used car dealership of contracting firms"

Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at JMA IT as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Their pay checks never bounced

Cons

I’m so grateful to have found the Glassdoor sight with its option of leaving a review for employers. My experience at JMA was horrific, I cannot recommend working for this employer unless you are very desperate for employment, but in the Kansas City market at the time of this writing you really should not be THAT hard up in the IT field to take that hit. JMA uses very questionable practices in placing contractors, example: their staff will recommend “creative rewording” of your resume to fit a job rec they receive from a customer, not based on your actual skills. On the reverse end, they will tell you complete lies about a position to let them submit your resume to prospective companies. When first contacted the first people you speak with are in a call center and will have no information concerning the position or job requirements other than a short paragraph, if you take the bait at the outsourced front-ender you are eventually passed to a sales rep located in Kansas, who is more than likely just a telemarketer and likely inter-related (JMA is very big on keeping it in the family so be careful what you say because they are all related in one way or another). But the lies go both ways the telemarketer will also lie to prospective employers to get their candidates in the door. No one I have ever met or talked to who have been contracted by this firm have ever had a good thing to say, just check out the other reviews amongst mine here on this site.. if you have a choice between another employer and JMA. Please go with the other employer. You’ll thank me later.

Advice to Management

Sell to Techsystems as soon as possible