JMG Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Marita A. Sullivan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I learned a lot about personal finance. Excellent experience and great people."

Pros

Caring coworkers. Enjoyable work environment. Learned alot. Opportunity to learn more and advance.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. The entire experience was a win for me. The skills I learned set me on track to my own personal wealth.

Advice to Management

Thank you for an excellent experience.

2. "Good Place to Start Your Career and Advance"

Former Employee - Portfolio Administrative Assistant in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Portfolio Administrative Assistant in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

I have to say I disagree with many aspects of the preceding review. I worked in the same position of Portfolio Administrative Assistant no longer than 2 years ago and even though I joined the company with very little work experience, I found everyone at all levels at JMG to be very patient and supportive of both my professional and personal development. The company has an open-door policy and all senior-level staff are extremely approachable and generous with their time. I have only received constructive criticism during my performance reviews that has ultimately helped me advance professionally. At the time I was with JMG, the company also implemented up-stream evaluations, which I found to be quite exceptional and supportive of JMG’s strive to create a positive and productive work environment. The technology at JMG is ahead of the curve as compared to many companies much larger than JMG. In addition, JMG senior staff have been supportive of both my professional and academic career long after I left the company. In a nutshell, a great place to start and develop one’s career.

Cons

The office was far from my house which is whwy I ended up taking a job in the Loop.

3. "Benefits, Organization, and Office Polities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Organization, Benefits, Communication and Technology.

Cons

Office Politics, Senior Staff is unwilling to teach new things because they are insecure with their job and/or knowledge, low level of growth, inability to promote based on talent due to the high level of emphasis they put on image and seniority in the promotion department.

Advice to Management

Revamp promotion department and become more solid in your marketing approach/campaign.