JMI Reports Reviews | Glassdoor

J. Brian McKendry

1. "Property Inspector"

Current Employee - Property Inspector in Fond du Lac, WI
    Current Employee - Property Inspector in Fond du Lac, WI

Pros

JMI has a really advanced Web based reporting application. As a Freelancer I work for 2 other similar companies as well and comparing them, the JMI Application is simply a Level above. Management style is good, as long as you keep your deadlines, you hardly hear anything. Don't get late with work, but that is what a good management has to do. Sweet spot at the end, you don't need to worry about bills or payments. The Application generates them and it works like a Swiss clock. Every report delivered by Tuesday night, the money is on the account on Thursday, without any need for writing a bill or anything, reaaaalllyyyy nice. I am working for them for two years, and it worked like this every single week

Cons

As always, payments could be better but it is what it is. They know they are really good organized and save their people a lot of work, so they pay less than comparable other companies. Overall, it is kind of fair, otherwise why to stay for 2 years as a freelancer.....

Advice to Management

If you would keep good and motivated people you should develop a career model for all levels, even for the freelanced inspectors. Without us being out, what to report????

2. "Custodian Technician"

Former Employee - Custodian Technician in Greenville, PA
    Former Employee - Custodian Technician in Greenville, PA

I worked at JMI Reports full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked the job,but I needed money and work.The work was ok and they tried to work with you.

Cons

I wouldn't do it again,i got no raises nothing it was just a job for money ,no benefits,etc...

Advice to Management

When someone works for you don't just use them and try to put people or a team that work as a team.

3. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at JMI Reports full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule. Low overhead. Plenty of driving.

Cons

My 2nd go with these guys, and am immediately reminded why I left the first time. Pay is great if you're single, with no kids. Every waking moment, if you're not driving (which I love), you're sitting in front of your laptop submitting orders. Submitting orders is not all that bad either. But when you look at the pay for each job you do, the math equates to about $7.50/hr, minus gas and vehicle maintenance. Since your field director (I like mine) is remote, there's likely no chance at a promotion. There is also no raise in the cards.

Advice to Management

Pay your field people what they should be paid.

5. "Part Time Work Only"

Current Employee - Insurance Property Inspector in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Insurance Property Inspector in New York, NY

I have been working at JMI Reports (Less than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility and time to complete assignments.

Cons

Not enough work load to make a decent living.

Advice to Management

Get your contractors more consistent work.

"field inspector"

Current Employee - Field Inspector in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Field Inspector in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at JMI Reports full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Self-employed, work my own schedule, interesting work, money is ok so far, some orders pay well, low start-up costs for your own business, 4MP camera, windows PC, measuring wheel,

Cons

self employed, reports can be time consuming - as a new employee expect to spend 10-15 min on each basic order in the field AND at home - and up to an hour or more on the more involved ones. Sketches can be time consuming especially as a new inspector,

Advice to Management

I receive great support from the two different field managers that I've had. It has meant everything to me that they encouraged me and were available to answer my questions. I recommend having new field inspectors sketch at least 2-3 buildings as part of the first few order tickets

"No Volume or Honesty."

Former Employee - Property Inspector in Chicago, IL

I worked at JMI Reports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company office workers where polite and QA Team was very helpful. There Information on Property was a very helpful tool.

Cons

Management is not honest about how much volume is in your area, which states you can ask your Manager/Supervisor in their own classroom video. The Company holds completed Inspection orders with the QA Department until the due dates. The Company also changes Inspection Order results without notifying you, which in most cases the Insured does not get the Insurance. The Company Management Team refuses to answer phone calls resulting from asking about any way you can grow your business with them.

Advice to Management

The Family ran business should be run by the Original Family member , he was old school and not corporate.

"False promises, questionable leadership."

Former Employee - Property Inspector in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Property Inspector in Madison, WI

I worked at JMI Reports full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here is professional and the people that work here are polite.

Cons

There are numerous pitfalls with this company, while they say they pay every week, it depends entirely on the approval of their QA department and there are no standards set or timetables that are adhered to. So even if you have the work performed, have spent money to travel, you get paid whenever they want to pay. It is not a stable place to work.
    They make big promises.....and just do not deliver.

Advice to Management

The owners seem to have forgotten that the field reps are what puts the money into play. This company has experienced recent explosive growth which presents problems and issues that the ownership does not have the experience to handle. There would appear to be cash flow issues judging by the way people are paid.

"The time and money I put into my work was not worth the money I made in return."

Former Employee - Property Inspector in Chicago, IL

I worked at JMI Reports part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For the most part the schedule is flexible as you can do inspections on any work day and some inspections are relatively easy to complete.

Cons

JMI does not compensate you for mileage or time you spend making phone calls for appointment based inspections. For every hour you spend in the field expect to spend 15-25 minutes in the office on the computer processing inspections.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay per inspection. Do not keep changing field managers. Have only the field manager email/call the inspector instead of having multiple people contacting the inspector.

10. "Relationships are very, very important. They are a wonderful company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Royalton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Royalton, OH

Pros

They treat their customers and employees like family.

Cons

Working from home has its downsides- can't leave teh office.

11. "Field Inspector"

I worked at JMI Reports part-time

Pros

Lots of room for potential. Always kept busy with the amount of work that I wanted.

Cons

A lot of wear and tear on your own personal vehicle.