Found 3,440 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the coworkers are great and it's pretty easy!" (in 273 reviews)
- "It great to work with some great people and get to meet people who like being creative." (in 210 reviews)
- "I liked the coworkers and flexible hours" (in 142 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and so is the discount" (in 60 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and working independently often" (in 54 reviews)
- "Not much interaction with other employees (gets boring) Low pay Customers at sewing counter and those using coupons often hostile" (in 393 reviews)
- "Poor management will mean a poor experience" (in 257 reviews)
- "Rude customers and maybe its just my manager but really bad schedules there is never enough employees working in one day" (in 148 reviews)
- "There was essentially no training and the new employees would get into trouble constantly because of that." (in 107 reviews)
- "In other words this company is horrible and I would never work for them again unless they change upper management and corporate officers." (in 85 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of JOANN Stores and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 3.0Aug 23, 2023Store AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, OH
- Employee discount. - Direct management is easy to work with. - Great team of co-workers. - About 46% of our daily customers are generally very understanding and easy to work with.
- Current company leadership decisions throughout the past year, and especially the past month, that hurt everyone working in the stores across the franchise, and show no signs of improving. - District manager and higher ups too concerned with things that do us more harm than good, and provide us with inaccurate metrics and data regarding customer interactions. - Inconsistent pay rates for starting employees (before the recent pay cuts) - an employee fresh out of or still in high school could start with higher hourly pay than someone starting with over a decade of work experience, and if you try talking about it, which is a right that's federally protected, you're told that we can't discuss pay, and I personally have been lied to about what others are paid compared to me. - About 54% of our customers are rude, and don't want respond well to our attempts at positive interaction. - Regular customers who try to sneak extra items onto the counter at checkout while the cashiers are grabbing bags for them after they already paid.3
Do you frame your own art (photos, album covers, drawings, etc) for your home? I want to learn how. Any sites or YouTube channels to help me understand frame design? Would love to put together frames for photos on the cheap at JoAnn Fabrics or The Great Frame up, and not have to rely on their staff for design tips.
JOANN Stores Reviews FAQs
JOANN Stores has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 3,519 reviews left anonymously by employees. 36% of employees would recommend working at JOANN Stores to a friend and 26% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
36% of JOANN Stores employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated JOANN Stores 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.