KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 122 of over 129 reviews

3.9
JOOR CEO Kristin Savilia
Kristin Savilia
Pros
  • "I believe we are at the forefront of helping shape what technology means for the wholesale industry(in 10 reviews)

• "Fast paced company which is achieving tremendous market penetration(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/ life balance sometimes is impacted due to work load(in 10 reviews)

• "The long hours can get to some, you have to be ready to commit(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Innovative with Growth Opportunity

Sep 14, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I would describe JOOR as a company that is genuinely open to innovation, trying new things and one that I don't feel afraid to fail at. I love that we can launch new things, iterate, pivot, or learn from something that didn't work out and help inform our next decisions. I think JOOR is a great company for people with a lot of drive and initiative to grow and develop at. I see genuine growth opportunities for myself and my peers, which is really exciting!

Cons

I do think in some departments our pay is below market, but the company has shared they have hired an outside consultant to evaluate.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Fast Growing Company in an Exciting Stage

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

JOOR just received its Series D funding and has been growing at an impressive rate over the past few months. It has been really exciting to see the ways in which JOOR has adapted, changed, and grown during the pandemic. Our Product & Engineering teams are doing an outstanding job with their quarterly product updates. I joined JOOR because I wanted to be a part of a company that would facilitate my growth and I am very appreciative of the ways in which my career has grown since coming to this company. JOOR gives its employees a lot of autonomy and responsibility. With this in mind, it is a place where employees have the ability to learn a lot in a short period of time. I also want to specifically acknowledge the Senior Leadership team. It has not been an easy year being fully remote but the C-suite has done a great job keeping everyone informed. I appreciate the level of transparency and communication coming from the CEO in particular.

Cons

JOOR is not for everyone. We are still a company with a startup environment so employees seeking a lot of structure + order in their day-to-day will not thrive here.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Transparent and Collaborative Environment!

Sep 3, 2021 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The collaboration and idea sharing at JOOR is great. Everyone in the slack channels is incredibly helpful and responsive and it feels like the majority of the employees truly want their colleagues to succeed. The all hands meetings are also great and it feels like upper management values us as human beings first and employees second which is SO important.

Cons

The pandemic feels long and I wish we could get back to the office.

JOOR Response

We agree! We can't wait to be back in person and have the chance to collaborate in our global offices once it is safe to do so. What a spectacular review, thank you for taking the time to share a little bit about your experience. We love to hear that you feel JOOR is a transparent and collaborative environment, those are aspects of our culture we are particularly fond of.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great first job, but don't stay long.

May 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot; The engineers are spread thin at the company so you wear many hats.

Cons

Eng upper managements operation is pretty laughable. Office politics reward promotions over actual hard work. Empty Promises; I was told engineers can rotate to other teams and learn other parts of the stack but we were always too busy for that to happen. Doing well at your job isn't rewarded monetarily. Raises are hard to come by; Leave if you start to realize they are trying to trap you into a position that inhibits growth / pay. (happens a lot here) Salaries are not competitive with the area; Some engineers are grossly underpaid. Product makes niche tech promises with certain clients causing deliverables to constantly shift for no reason.

2 people found this review helpful

JOOR Response

We're glad you feel you learned a lot during your time at JOOR, but clearly, your experience was primarily a negative one and we are sorry to hear that. We hate to see you feel your growth was inhibited! JOOR has a semi-annual performance review and promotion cycle, and we work hard to recognize our employees. As a company, we value growth, transparency, recognition, and communication between executives and the remainder of the company. With that said, evidently, your experience here was not representative of that and we are deeply upset to see that. I would invite you to discuss these topics directly with a member of our HR Team, we are always open to feedback (talenteam@joor.com). As you can imagine, we would hate to see this type of experience become more widespread and we’d be eager to hear more from you (or any current or former employees experiencing something similar). Anything we can learn from you about how this happened would help! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was a great stepping stone in my career

Jun 8, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There was a ton of cross-functional collaboration and comradery across the company. I really enjoyed my co-workers and going into the office.

Cons

Definitely didn't see the importance of investing in the right people until it was too late.

JOOR Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the focus on cross-functional collaboration and comradery at JOOR. Those are two of our primary values, and we are always happy when our values resonate with our employees. It sounds as though you felt JOOR was an important part of your career journey, but we were sorry to read that you felt JOOR did not always invest in its employees. We pride ourselves on having a culture of growth and recognition but are upset that this was not reflective of your experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write this thoughtful review.

6. 4.0

Fast Paced & Motivating

Jan 29, 2021 - Director of Partnership Development in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work for a technology company that is truly global and changing the wholesale industry. Everyone you work with is smart and motivated and because of that, all ideas and opinions are valued. Flexibility within the work day is valued and there is no micromanaging. Everyone trusts each other to get their work done and deliver.

Cons

You might have to take some early morning or late night calls sometimes to accommodate the global nature of the company, but you can plan your day around this. You have to set your own boundaries with slack, email etc or you could work long hours due to the global nature and the fast pace. However, setting boundaries is encouraged.

JOOR Response

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at JOOR! It's amazing to hear you find the environment to be fast-paced and motivating :) We work hard to ensure our company is an innovative and inspiring place to be. We appreciate your feedback about having to take later calls to accommodate the global time zone restrictions. While flexibility is sometimes required due to the global nature of our work, JOOR absolutely promotes a work-life balance, so we encourage employees to set boundaries and restrictions around when they are available. Thank you again for your thoughtful response.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Motivating, challenging, and empowering workplace!

Jan 28, 2021 - Operations in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees at JOOR are empowered to take on big challenges at all stages of the organization. You are working on meaningful and impactful projects since the beginning - truly making a collaborative impact. The company is incredibly transparent and open about wins and opportunities. I started remotely and have had a seamless transition into the role and my team. Truly global company, so you're working with people all around the world!

Cons

Would love to see more professional development opportunities, such as access to lectures and courses (post covid - industry events) to develop a new or existing skillset.

JOOR Response

We truly appreciate the time you took to write this review. I know people will value your candid perspective. Let's start with the good stuff! Your "Pros" list put a huge smile on my face. I am overjoyed to hear you feel that JOOR's employees are empowered throughout all stages and are working on impactful projects. You touched on many of JOOR's leading values. I know that starting remotely can be difficult, but am so happy to hear you felt supported throughout your onboarding and training. In regards to your "Con", we value your feedback. Learning and Development is a priority for the HR team in 2021, we want to ensure we are facilitating intellectual and professional growth for our employees throughout their time at JOOR. I am glad you have had such a positive first few months at JOOR and I hope you continue to feel motivated, challenged, and empowered in the future.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly so happy to be a part of the JOOR team

Apr 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities Collaborative thinking Everyone's voice matters Good pay Unlimited PTO Extremely smart people

Cons

It can be pretty demanding at times

JOOR Response

What a glowing review. We love this feedback! JOOR is very proud of its emphasis on growth opportunities, global collaboration, and communication. Our HR and Finance teams work to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and we are ecstatic to read that you are enjoying your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great environment to work in (even being remote!)

Jan 26, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees at JOOR on each and every team have a "be better" attitude that forges such an inspiring workplace. It is truly refreshing to be surrounded by such smart and collaborative co-workers. I began this position remotely and have still felt so welcomed, supported, and included in the JOOR work atmosphere.

Cons

The work is very easy to get enthralled in, especially being a client facing role so often times it's hard to turn off, especially working from home.

JOOR Response

I couldn't agree more! I love that JOOR's employees have a "be better" attitude and I am happy that has created an inspiring and refreshing work environment for you. I know that starting as a remote employee during COVID-19 must have been a difficult transition but I am so excited to hear you felt welcomed and supported during your onboarding process. It can be hard to set boundaries and hours of availability as we navigate working remotely during the pandemic, but JOOR prioritizes the mental and physical health of its employees and we encourage you to unplug. I hope you continue to feel that JOOR is a great environment as you continue your time with us.

10. 5.0

One of the Good ones

Feb 9, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really try to walk the talk, more than any other establishment I've worked at. Nobody's perfect, but they try. They listen. They try to be as transparent as is appropriate. If you show that you care, they will invest in you.

Cons

Again, nobody's perfect. They have to balance what you want with what everyone else wants (investors, leadership, customers, etc.) and that's very hard. But the point is they try.

JOOR Response

Transparency is a pillar of our values at JOOR and we are so happy to hear you feel that we invest in the careers of our employees. You're absolutely right, no company is perfect but we do try our hardest. As you pointed out, we do genuinely care about our staff and it means a lot that you have had such a positive experience during your time at JOOR. Thank you for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews