JRK Property Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Lippman

Pros
  • For an entry level job with good pay and benefits there's not really a lot of room to complain (in 9 reviews)

• They pay competitively and make coming to work enjoyable (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management expect high performance from you (in 28 reviews)

• Work/Life balance, too much work as each department are stretch thin (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An Incredibly Valuable Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about my experience working for this company. I have been with them for a couple of years now, and have enjoyed every minute of it. The team of people that I over see are all hardworking and dedicated individuals. This job has taught me indispensible skills that I will be able to use in any future position. Learning how such a variety of different appliances operate will help me in both any position similar to maintenance, as well as in my personal life in saving money on repairs.

Cons

Due to the nature of the position we cannot foresee when people’s appliances will break down and require repairs. Also some people really do not take care of their appliances, which require some major repairs. However, our management is very good about scheduling when will have to do installations. Also communication between locations can at times be problematic, but that is mainly due individual employees not being as on top of things as they should be.

"I would absolutely recommend JRK as an employer"

Current Employee - Porter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Porter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having grown up with a father who was a licensed contractor I had developed a pretty vast set of skills even prior to working at this position. However, even with the knowledge that I had accumulated I have found that there was a huge amount that I had to learn with working for a company of this size. I particular I realized that my project management skills were pathetically underdeveloped. In the past I had only ever worked on one residence at a time, but with a property this large I quickly had to learn how to balance all of the various tasks that needed to be accomplished. Despite my complete lack of knowledge in this aspect I found that my fellow coworkers were incredibly understanding, and did everything with in their power to help me learn how to accommodate the work load.

Cons

The most difficult part of job that I have found through out y time working here has easily been trying to balance all of the various jobs that need to be accomplished at such a large property. I learned that one of my biggest weaknesses was my inability to communicate effectively with such a large work force. However, my fellow coworkers have been incredibly patient with my shortcomings. I have felt an incredible amount of support from everyone of my fellow coworkers in trying to grow as a capable professional.

"There honestly enough good things that I can say about working for JRK!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There honestly enough good things that I can say about working for JRK! Everyone that I have had the pleasure of meeting, whether they have been fellow employees or managers, have all been incredibly hard working and friendly. When I have worked as a property manager for other companies I constantly felt like I was lying to the tenants about the condition of the apartments. However, with JRK the property that I manage is spectacular!

Cons

One of the most annoying things about this position is trying to get some of the maintenance and contractors to be reliable with their appointments. The most frequent complaints that I receive form tenants are that their scheduled maintenance appointment is late. However, management is really good about helping me do whatever is needed to make the renter happy.

4. "Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Lead Maintenance in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Lead Maintenance in West Chester, PA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here I have been fortunate enough to be provided with excellent opportunities to prove myself, and work my way up. I actually started as simply general maintenance employee, and through dedication have promoted to a Lead Maintenance position. If you keep up good work they will notice! Also, the team that I work with are all an absolute pleasure to spend every day with. Great people with great opportunities!

Cons

Maintenance work can be a tough job in general with a lot of physical labor The job can be difficult at times, but they are always willing to accommodate any request myself, or my team may have. With the job being a physical as it can be at times there are sometimes that we tend to be a little short handed.

5. "Could not be happier with JRK!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After I graduated college around five years ago, the hardest thing that I found for myself was that the job market was incredibly impacted. For almost two years it was nearly impossible to find a position in accounting or finance where I lived. However, I finally caught a break when JRK hired me, and I feel so incredibly lucky to be employed by them! I have been here for close to three years now, and easily feel like this is one of the best decisions that I have mad in my life. It is an incredible pleasure working with my fellow employees and managers. Also, speaking from personal experience there is a ton of room for growth in the company!

Cons

With any company that is as large as JRK their financial department deals with HUGE amounts of money. If this job is a person’s first experience working at a company of this magnitude then they may experience a slight adjustment period that makes the work seem very over-whelming. But I promise that if you stick it out it really does get easier, and the job becomes really fun!

6. "Great Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Katy, TX

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked for so many other companies that treated their employees as less than dirt, JRK has been such a breath of fresh air! Even though they hold all their staff to high standards, I have never once felt like I have been treated poorly. Part of being a leasing agent means having to balance a number of different properties a once. While this can be difficult at times, the skills that I have acquired in order to deal with the work load has helped me in almost every aspect of my life! I absolutely love working for JRK, and would recommend that anyone apply here!

Cons

Because a leasing agent is responsible for many different properties at once, there are times where it can be difficult to keep track of all the necessary information. However, if you are able to learn how to keep all of the different properties straight, the skills will help you for the rest of your life! The time management and prioritizing skills that I have learned are absolutely invaluable!

7. "Working for JRK Rocks!"

Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After spending a couple of years working as a maintenance engineer in San Francisco I can easily say that this has been the best time I have ever at a job. Our management treats us absolutely fantastic, and are always willing to help out if we ever need an extra pari of hands! The experience that I have gained here has will be incredibly useful to me in the future.

Cons

Even though I love working here, there are times when the job can be very tiresome. Mainly just form the nature of the work being as physical as it is. However, our managers are always willing to helps out if we need it, and they really do everything that they can to make the work go as smoothly as possible!.

"Relocation Specialist"

Former Employee - Relocation Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Relocation Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Utilizes & encourages employees' implementation of unique talents.

Cons

Poor funding for lower-end housing in East-coast portfolio.

Advice to Management

Be more professional & patient with those "working under you": be careful of creating a terrorizing, stressful, burn-out environment. Do not project your frustrations on those individuals either.

9. "Fast paced but fun place to work"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

JRK is a fast paced environment where you'll need to learn things quickly and problem solve. As a property manager, you're working with tenants daily, fielding information requests, funneling things to the right place and juggling a ton of plates. That's just the requirements of the job no matter where you work. Personally, I enjoy it and we're compensated well for doing it.

Cons

I don't have any cons that are really JRK specific, more industry specific. The pace is fast, you have to problem solve on your own, there's not always somebody to hold your hand. You'll need to put in some hours on weekends and holidays from time to time.

Advice to Management

At my property we just got another assistant, so thank you for that!

10. "Been Maintenance Techin"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at JRK Property Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been a maintenance tech for a few years here at JRK. I've worked at a bunch of other companies over the year but JRK is where I finally settled for the long term. My job includes working on apartments throughout the area when there's an issue. Also, when somebody moves out we get the apartment cleaned up and ready to roll for the new tenant. The pay and benefits are on par with other maintenance positions in the area. At the end of the day, I'm not struggling so that's all I really care about. My supervisor is great to work for and coming to work is enjoyable.

Cons

Although we have normal hours, there are definitely times when you have to come in during off-times to fix emergency issues. You're going to be dealing with that anywhere though in this industry. We don't get the luxury of determining when things will break.

Advice to Management

I would enjoy a few more vacation days a year. I think we could all use a little more vacation and it helps reset the soul and make work less of a stress.