JTI - Japan Tobacco International Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2021

4.2
JTI - Japan Tobacco International President and Chief Executive Officer  Eddy Pirard
Eddy Pirard
Pros
Cons
  • "Many policies and procedures, Many levels of decision making(in 21 reviews)

• "hard to say, maybe the senior management is not really up to date with real life challenges(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "TSM"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at JTI - Japan Tobacco International full-time

Pros

Company car, generous salary/benefits, time off, growth opportunities, laid back culture

Cons

Sometimes spread too thin for geographical territories, hard to sell products against competitive brands

February 9, 2021Social Community Manager

Hi, thank you for the taking the time to write your review we really appreciate all of the feedback. Firstly, we’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time at JTI and have such positive things to say. Secondly, thank you for the constructive feedback on how we can improve as a company. We always strive to do the best for our people, so all feedback is always welcome and fed back into the relevant teams. We wish you all the best for the future and thank you for making such an impact to your team.

2. "Best Company to Work For"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I have been working at JTI - Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than a year

Pros

AMAZING leadership Development, leadership, and continued learning opportunities Hands on training program Awesome compensation package The team and company become your family. The management all around is extremely supportive as they value their relationships within their team for market success.

Cons

There are no cons to working for JTI. If you value hard work, integrity, and developing yourself into a leader then you will love this company.

February 3, 2021Social Community Manager

Hello and thank you for leaving such positive feedback and for taking time to write your review, we really do appreciate it. We’re so glad to hear that you are enjoying the benefits package at JTI, along with experiencing great leadership and the various training programs we offer. At JTI, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, therefore any great feedback is really valuable and helps us make ongoing improvements We wish you continued success at JTI and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. Remember to follow us on social media to keep up to date with our latest news. linkedin.com/company/JTI instagram.com/JTICareers facebook.com/JTICareers

3. "Best place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Excellent mentors that support you

Cons

Difficult culture and understanding what’s going on

February 3, 2021Social Community Manager

Hello, thank you so much for all of your feedback and taking time to leave your review. We are happy to hear you found positive points to express from your time with us at JTI, and we also greatly appreciate the constructive feedback on those areas for improvement. We take everything on board and will feed this back into the relevant teams accordingly, to ensure we always moving forward in the right direction as a company. We wish all the best for your future endeavours, please stay safe and well.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at JTI - Japan Tobacco International full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Employees are well taken care of and well compensated.

Cons

Operates within a declining industry

5. "Good company"

4.0

I worked at JTI - Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, professional people, opportunity to work on market with high restrictions

Cons

Work/life balance differs from team to team, slow in any changes due to bureaucracy

"They try hard"

4.0
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at JTI - Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good compensation package and pension as well as health insurance

Cons

Clique-ish - you are either "in" and will advance or you sit in your position for years. Difficult to work in an industry whose products harm and even kill their customers. The organization can lack compassion.

Continue reading

"Stay on your Toes"

2.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Large budget behind projects Skilled and knowledgeable staff Great pay and excellent benefits Cut some of the fluff in middle-management out

Cons

Company is great to employees on paper only. JTI often misleads when it comes to employee ability to work from home, office locations and internal changes. Things are never concrete, and you never quite know where you stand in the company. Micro-management is rampant. Decisions are sometimes made without full thought process, I've seen many multiple month and year-long projects scrapped upon the first presentation over simple logic. Terrible work/life balance.

Continue reading

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

- Exceptional benefits of package - hands off, supportive management style - growing company in USA market with noticeable investment - develop promotions from within

Cons

Nothing that stands out

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Teaneck, NJ

I have been working at JTI - Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Depends on who your boss is, but most are great

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Very happy at JTI

10. "why work here?"

I worked at JTI - Japan Tobacco International full-time

Pros

They really treat employees well - benefits, salary, compensation, you name it!

Cons

be a little more open to feed back

Viewing 1 - 10 of 592 English Reviews