JWT INSIDE Reviews | Glassdoor

JWT INSIDE Reviews

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Windolph

1. "A great place to grow"

Current Employee - Account Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Management in Washington, DC

Pros

There are opportunities to grow if you work for it

Cons

Typical agency cons - lots of work and few resources, pay is low compared to other industries

"Great people, tough industry, no clear management plan other than cost cutting."

Former Employee - Project Development in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers
    Some big name clients
    Benefits package
    Some opportunities to work from home

Cons

No clear strategic direction
    No investment in the business
    Continual layoffs and people leaving
    Limited career advancement opportunities
    WPP control of the agency

Advice to Management

Appreciate the work that is done by your employees (i.e. raises & promotions)
    Clearly communicate strategic direction
    Focus on a few areas and do them well

"Great experience in a growing industry"

Former Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of hats to be worn if you have a knack for something. At JWT INSIDE there's plenty of room to act on your own creative ideas, and there's also great vacation, holiday, and paid time off. I had a good experience at JWT INSIDE.

Cons

There's little room for advancement. The client budget and vision is sometimes limiting but what advertising client isn't like that.

Advice to Management

Instill a better "hierarchy" for the account teams that sometimes look lost (from my perspective). Engage with all your employees and have a place for total communication (happy hour hangouts?).

"Love the company and the people"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at JWT Inside is dedicated to the end product. No one is phoning it in here. It really feels amazing to be a part of the a team where everyone from account to creative and programming are tactful, thoughtful, and courageous in their execution. I've worked at plenty of places where "good enough" was the best I could hope for. But here, I've really been challenged to produce better and better work, while being given the resources and the time to make it happen. And, our nationally renowned clients are giving us the opportunity to make an impact in the internal communications space in way that no other agency could.

Cons

Working with offices across the U.S. can be challenging, for sure. But, the account and creative teams do a good job of teleconferencing, as well as using webex to make sure all the teams are on the same page.

Advice to Management

My Atlanta office feels like home, but maintaining that culture across multiple offices will always be a challenge. Take some time and evaluate what each office offers. Which culture do we want to be reinforcing?

"Management liked to work late into evening"

Former Employee - Art Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, team creative of people.

Cons

No work life-balance when I was there, may have changed?

7. "Great company to work for, in a state of transition and changing for the better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome people, company culture and growth potential if you're willing to work hard.

Cons

High turnover in certain positions

"I highly recommend JWT INSIDE... if,"

Former Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY

I worked at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are nor pros. All the "pros" have left the company. And the ones that are still there are dying to get out.

Cons

If you are complacent, have no goals and are happy with having a job as opposed to a career, then I highly recommend JWT INSIDE.

If you don't believe that great strategy drives great creative, or really don't believe that strategy matters, or can even define the word, "strategy," then I highly recommend JWT INSIDE.

If you love and miss the Taylorism method of organizational structure and productivity, then I highly recommend JWT INSIDE.

And lastly, If you want a CEO, CFO, and a President who have no vision, nor can even define what a vision is, then I highly recommend JWT INSIDE.

Advice to Management

Step down and let real leaders lead the company.

"Frustrating"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great vacation, a day extra before Labor Day, the Friday before Memorial day, and "summer days" - 1 day per June, July, August that doesn't count against vacation days.

Cons

No one understands the BASIS of the company - which is media placement. Account Coordinators are taken for granted and have the toughest job in the business. Then the AC's have to end up training those higher above them, because the higher ups never received basic training, and now don't want to learn. WPP owned so there is a hiring/salary freeze right now.

Advice to Management

Reward the employees who are actually doing all the work. Hire less chiefs, more Indians.

"Great people but company is a sinking ship with no vision or strategy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Mostly great colleagues that care about each other and the work.
    -interesting and diverse client roster

Cons

-Bad work is rewarded as long as you "make money"
    -Efforts of those really contributing to new business wins, growing clients aren't recognized. Only those that talk themselves up to Pres/CFO are recognized.
    -No clearly defined strategy for the company
    -Former CEO, Creative leadership and key strategist are gone. Zero chance of delivering what they are selling.

Advice to Management

-Actually do the things you preach to clients - clear vision/strategy; create culture; invest in top talent; utilize those with a POV; don't fear being questioned; show ability to adapt based on a vision not whim.
    -stop listening to 2-3 people that tell you what you want to hear

"Decisions, decisions, decisions and then more poor decisions!"

Current Employee - Client Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Director in New York, NY

I have been working at JWT INSIDE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Managing Director and Creative Director in the NY office are great leaders and have built an amazing culture. They are collaborative and amazing mentors as well as look out for everyone's best interest and genuinely care about the people and the careers of their subordinates and teams.

Cons

Sr. Management/C-level officers who do not reside in NY seem a little old-school and run the business like it's an old PR shop. They seem to only care about money and do not make good decisions regarding investments, staffing nor care about the retention of employees. Ironically, employee acquisition/engagement/retention is the core of their business but don't seem to walk the walk... they're all talk. I once heard the Pres/CEO give a speech at a town hall and he said he has never failed at anything in his life. Isn't that how one grows into being a great leader is by learning from their failures? Enough said.

Advice to Management

Start caring more about the work and the employees and less about yourselves. If you care about these two things, the money will come and the organization will flourish.