Jack Henry & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Jack Henry & Associates CEO David Foss
David Foss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is great, benefits are excellent although sliding on Health insurance as most companies are with rising costs (in 54 reviews)

• Able to work from home in most departments (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, teamwork in the department is more work than team (in 11 reviews)

• Your experience greatly varies depending on the department you work in and the supervisors and upper management you are under (in 21 reviews)

1. "Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They do things for employees that drive high loyalty. Great benefits. Lots of communication from the executives and management teams. Pay is inline with industry.

Cons

They expect a lot from their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue the foundations the company was founded on. Reward the high performers.

2. "Great company."

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

People and benefits and the pros.

Cons

No career path which is an issue.

3. "Great place to work, but the management was unpredictable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, they really do care about family

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement. My manager was not always honest with his team and did not enforce the S.O.P.

4. "Becomming just another company"

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Paid Time off Benefits
    Work from home

Cons

Company does not take care of the employees like it used too and it keeps getting slowly worse.
    Under paid compared to other companies in the industry.
    Steady increase in self improvement programs that pulls employee time away from core work.
    Health benefits reduce or cost increases each year (this has been going on for many years now).
    Turn over rate has been slowly increasing through the years.

5. "A great workplace with an awesome culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Camaraderie, focus on the individual and respect for the individual as a person, passion for customer service and a consistent drive for results in all areas. A truly blessed place to work in.

Cons

Sometimes things move a bit slow

6. "JHA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Work from home, Flexibility

Cons

Pay rate low for the volume of work, no room for growth.

Advice to Management

Better yearly increases.

"Sr. Managers, managers, coordinators, & mini-managers...Oh My!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are still decent, same or less than industry.
    Ability to work remote which is becoming industry standard.
    Casual environment.
    After 10+ years, finally getting a laptop that looks like it belongs in this century & doesn't break my back carrying it.

Cons

Company paid insurance cost to employees increases every year although we're consistently reminded how generous they are.
    Lack of faith in job security after layoffs.
    Managers are promoted to their positions based on being friends with their direct report despite being ineffective, inept, and clueless. The misdirection & misinformation are inexcusable & downright laughable at times.
    The dreaded annual evaluations; very biased and really just boils down to a "does he/she like me" yes or no worksheet. Managers instruct to copy & paste from the previous year so how useful are they.
    Answering to multiple manager-types.
    Logging time in 15 min increments (yes, really).
    Relaying status over and over and over and over....
    Certain people are viewed as god's gift while others are dumped on. If you're a dumpee, nothing you say or do will be valued and others in the group know you are bait.
    Promotions are a proverbial carrot; for dumpees no matter the goals reached or work quality, it's not going to happen if you are not favored.
    Not being able to use PTO when it fits your own schedule.
    Coodinators are allowed to purposely pick & choose cases to assign to whom they like. This has been pointed out numerous times but again, ineffective clueless management turns a blind eye.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the necessity for so many manager-type roles. A dept. of 12 shouldn't need 4 managers & 3 coordinators. An efficient, effective manager does not need a "coordinator" to relay projects & statuses; good employees function better without them anyway. These coordinators play the role of mini-managers and become yet another person giving direction that often conflicts. These lower level manager and coodinator positions are poor allocation of a dept's budget if they enable those people to roll in at 9ish, take 2 hr lunches, then leave as soon as their manager leaves.
    Why does it take 3-4 of them hours to assign a handful of cases? This could easily be accomplished by 1 person in less than 10 minutes, yet the rest of us are required to log every 15 minutes of our time.
    It's a well known fact that the coordinators in my dept. spend a good chunk of their time gossiping, busy-body work, and playing secretary to the managers. How are these positions justified yet when merit increase time comes, all we hear about is budget cuts.
    JHA needs to trim the fat for all the reasons above so the worker bees can get fair increases based on their accomplishments, rather than whether you join in on the gossip or are favored or not.
    I've always been a hard working employee who has devoted more than a decade to making JHA better but even I am losing faith in the system. If a manager is not capable of being effective, creating a coordinator position for them is not the solution.

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with JHA for more than 17 years. JHA cares about their customers and employees. Great benefits. Pay is comparable to other companies.

A high percentage of employees are now telecommuting.

It is true that the company is changing, but the last thing any employee should want is for their company to become stagnant.

Cons

I have to agree with some of the other reviews that some people always need a stage. Whether it is in meetings or micro managing others. Unfortunately, this occurs at every company.

My advice it to look for other positions within the company if you cannot work with your current manager. Once the new position is obtained, file a report (include your notes) on the manager. Don't worry if you do not see anything different with that manager, just know that the report will be kept. I have seen for myself that the executives do take complaints seriously.

Advice to Management

Change is inevitable. But we need to be careful that we never change our attitudes towards the company's values. During my years at JHA, I have always felt as part of the company family. I would hate to see that change.

9. "Great depending on what area you are in."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cons

Your experience greatly varies depending on the department you work in and the supervisors and upper management you are under.

Advice to Management

Take a look management to determine why people are leaving one department to go to another. Some even willing to take wage cuts just to get out from under those management practices.

10. "One of, if not the best company to work for."

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful pay, great benefits, core values, and friendly/family environment to work in. Hire ups, and lower employees all have respect for one another and are always there for the other

Cons

Depending on the department, travel is a must. That being said, travel jobs take away time from loved ones, friends, events and even sleep.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. But also look into spreading the work load between teams and/or individuals.