Jack Henry & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Jack Henry & Associates President and CEO David Foss
David Foss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Lots of overtime and no work life balance" (in 13 reviews)

• "Your experience greatly varies depending on the department you work in and the supervisors and upper management you are under" (in 21 reviews)

1. "senior software engineer"

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Great management, great work-life balance. Challenging problems to solve!

Cons

Nothing specific, its really a great place to work.

2. "Applications Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Insurance, Work from home,

Cons

Too much night/weekend work, low wages, understaffed departments

3. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay/benefits. Upper management and Leadership are very approachable and seem very concerned about the success of all employees.

Cons

Facilities and work space do not always accommodate the amount of personnel on site.

4. "Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

None that I can think of

5. "So far so good"

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, a lot of positions allow you to work from home, work life balance, casual dress code

Cons

I am pretty new so I haven't discovered any cons yet. I guess they use a lot of accromyns and it takes a bit to learn them all.

Advice to Management

Great job. It seems that you really try to stay true to the "do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun" motto

6. "Babycitters for the higher ups what we have been called before"

Current Employee - JHA CALL CENTER
    Current Employee - JHA CALL CENTER

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interacting with customers every day internal and external. Knowing that I am going to make a difference ace in someone's day. Free coffee or St least for now

Cons

When there is a dominant that a possibility of making let's say 8- 16.00 an hour per call and you are taking 100s of thousand of calls I don't consider the call center a babysitter worst case scenario that's 800.000 on a good day like lately and all Bodo calls which are draining you agree if I'm right and it's 1& that 1.600000. I call I a high revenue generator when has some leeway to give it's employees a little slack make like a normal call center let them have 2 15 minute breaks for an 8 hour shift would be a good start.. want.g you people to have good states takes motivation. Not.a.ten. lunch at the same.places.over.and.overmaybe a stay when you hiymgreem with whatever the percentages you deem they get into stats club with q100.gift card .the ones that are.minuplsimyomg there maybe the rare.yep.price t that K.on the.game and play it.big.purist I.believe they feel they have no other way to go thru have ulcers they are stressed and that's why they want to manipulate their stats they are stressed out. It'll call centers give these breaks because they know getting screamed and yelled and siup calls after duo call can get to a point where you want to crawl in a comer and hide. If you were to try that right now you would be screamed and yelled out by management the employees don't feel say today anything to anyone becausen then they are part of the problem and not the Jack Henry way life. I think back how long I wanted to work at this company and couldn't wait to make changes my first interaction not even with my own supervisor is that the people have problem with you sharing to much of your self. What wait did you say we are family because for me families sharethe good the bad and the ugly. She wasn't even my supervisor and had Mr doubting myself week two was.already volunteering for.overtime and my heart broke and I went.home.cried I was.like.I.o shouldn't be at.Jack.Henry. not the type person they want there.I had a run in with.management.team.member received toy I have nrrnhavinh some.major.back.people.o.I wasmcryimg out mother floor.to.the.scheduling.person.transfer.had.no.ides.what.I had.said.not.asked.it.was.the.worst.I.asked.if.I.could.take.a.two our mental health break and leave I was asked to.jointed manager in the office I did with a very loud heavy tone I which I would consider yelling she said she may.me your.friend.but you just made.us.look bad to the whole.floor I said unify.asked.I.could take a.few jokes off.because wasn't feeling feel. Then she starts to tell e.because I'm s shift lead.they all look at me and I.can't.show emotion . Sorry that I haven't met the expectations that were expected.ofme

Advice to Management

If a bank.gives.a kudos too.age.t.give.it.to.them. they don't.come.easy especially.not from a bank.lead it.takes.two.seconds.to.right down I.new.m told see.rap times.I've.received those.I'm themselves aye a day more.bearable go a manager.retreat o.how to treat.different.employees because of boss would offend.me.to stay work technically pretty sure.that shouldn't happen thatcohld be a big.mistake on the answers part of a person. Has migraines allowing them to loo out.for few minutes instead of having the who's.day seems.wasted OT my.medical issues aren't your problem. Your right but they ate.if blood starts. Looking.all over the floor.whether you believe.them or not

7. "Very employee friendly company."

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work pace. Great work life balance. Excellent management.

Cons

Older technology is a long slog to update.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

8. "Corporate Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Corporate Business Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Corporate Business Analyst in Springfield, MO

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and excellent benefits.

Cons

Management disconnected from day to day operations.

"Great benefits for horrible hours"

Current Employee - Deposit Applications Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Deposit Applications Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits for the job are amazing! I’m not talking necessarily about the healthcare I mean, the hotel points, free food, private jets, being able to work office hours from home... lots of perks

Cons

The hours and travel can be absolutely crazy. You may work an entire week of 8am-midnight and then turn around and fly out to another trip without even getting to go home.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more focused areas within our department that we can train on so that not everyone is running around like a chicken with their head chopped off.

10. "Good roots, go back to them."

Current Employee - Associate in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Associate in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good roots, go back to them. Recognize those who have helped make JHA what it is today. There are many who have been there for years that are good, committed employees.

Average medical benefits. Above average 401K. Above average PTO plan, but needs work in allowing carryover.

Cons

There is no accountability for those who work remotely as many take advantage of WFH opportunities.

There are managers for managers for managers for managers; too many levels. Is this all that necessary?. Aligns with the phrase that 20 percent do 80 percent of the work.

Recent changes in Core Solutions are leaving many feeling uncertain and questionable with the reorganization.

New hires are not given adequate training, which leads to poor results and messy clean up projects and not so goodwill. There is really no true training aside from you are on a trip, good luck.

Advice to Management

Revisit Jack and Jerry's roots.

Yes, shareholder results are important as management ALWAYS stresses over and over and over. But making employees feel deserved and appreciated will aid in those dividends.

Upper management pads their pockets well with stock, salaries and benefits. Share with the ASSOCIATES.