Jack Henry & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Jack Henry & Associates CEO David Foss
David Foss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance, teamwork in the department is more work than team (in 10 reviews)

• Little diversity in upper management (in 19 reviews)

"No longer founders company"

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work at home, fair pay and benefits

Cons

Upper management has lost all goals of founders ambitions. Used to be a company for the employees. Now it's just a money making tool for those getting rich.

Advice to Management

Revamp management structure, get back on track with founders goals. Listen to the people that's filling your wallets.

"Started off decent....Synergy downhill slope gets steeper as time goes on. Founders vision all but evaporated."

Current Employee - Implementation in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Implementation in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, decent benefits, ability to work remotely, flexible schedule, decent PTO. Seems to encourage teamwork locally between departments. Good reputation.

Cons

Pay is very mediocre. Good reputation is gradually eaten away by corporate ideology. Lack of opportunity / pay increases. No bonuses or recognition (other than virtually meaningless token emails / mentions) Could just be the particular division, although consistent statements about the company trending this way doesn't offer much hope. Questionable hiring practices which alienates existing employees. While I'm sure there are some areas at Jack Henry where there is good money to be made, Synergy is NOT one of them.

Advice to Management

Take some time to connect with the people who are making your living and get appreciative .... stop brushing then aside and taking them for granted. There is a reason why turnover is so rampant.

"Contradictory money-driven silo'd conglomerate"

Former Employee - Programmer Advanced in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer Advanced in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, allows for remote employees

Cons

Department cooperation is poor, product knowledge is silo'd, sharing not encouraged. They fire at will and do so-- right before Christmas. The corporate motto is for all the other divisions.

Advice to Management

"We'll get back to you" is not a service standard. Especially, when the follow up never happens.

"Job satisfaction is spiraling down"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Flexibility depending on your role. Remote offices (telecommute).

Cons

Low compensation for the industry. Little diversity in upper management. Little room for career growth unless you "play ball". Ongoing facility issues ranging from pests, to leaks causing black mold.

The company went from a small - medium co. everyone seemed to enjoy working for to a full blown corporate setting in the last 2 years. We went from having a name and a face to an employee number. Duplicated mandatory training courses are required every quarter which is quite a nice waste of your time.

Advice to Management

They won't look here for advice or even care what you have to say.

"Inconsistent Management"

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Great benefits package, good work/life balance

Cons

At the bottom level, JHA is a great place to work. Pay is low, but working conditions are favorable and the people are pleasant. As you move upwards, you will encounter the "good 'ol boys club." If you're in the club, you're in for a promotion. If not, you're not. This becomes more obvious the further up the chain you go.

I was forced out of the organization because I brought up some real concerns about a large project we were doing. I did not play my cards in a way that got me "into the club." As a result, I was seen as someone who needed to go. My direct report was managed directly by a VP, who was managed directly by the CEO. This is in the culture at the top and it isn't going away anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Recognize hard work, innovation, and results instead of allowing back-door politics to run the organization.

"Item Processor hell"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great co-workers, good PTO

Cons

Manager who only worries about herself and how she looks good in front of her managers.

Advice to Management

Don't leave the management of the site to decide whether their workers should get shift differential. We have asked for shift differential and have never received it, even though SHE had the power to give it to us. She did not value her employees enough to give them raises, even though we have busted our bums to make sure she looks good!

"The stress is NOT worth it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Outstanding benefits package. Good PTO. Paid holidays. Flexible schedule for some departments.

Cons

Extremely low pay. Work/home life balance almost impossible. Extremely long hours when short staffed. No disciplinary action for unprofessional/insubordinate behavior. Most team members are immature and petty. Minimal training time.

Advice to Management

Stop mistreating the good workers and coddling the problems. Separate personal feelings from professional

"Management Soft and Losing Control"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will pretty much hire anyone.

Cons

They will pretty much hire anyone. A lot of contractors. Nothing is documented, common sense unfortunately has left the building.

Advice to Management

Stop letting contractors manufacture approvals on changes, ask questions, challenge changes to ensure effectiveness, and push for documentation on everything new.

9. "Fraud Analyst"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates as a contractor

Pros

There are not really any pros besides a paycheck

Cons

Very Poor treatment of temps, threatened to be fired for missing a day.

""People don't leave jobs they leave managers""

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Healthcare benefits are good
    Vacation policy - employees earn 6.3 hours per paycheck, so new employees can gain vacation time their first month with the company Some departments allow employees to work from home some days of the week

Cons

Annual reviews do not include input from peers or customers only your manager. Also there is not a safe way to report concerns with management . Limited career advancement opportunities. Management interest in furthering employees careers seems non-existent.

Advice to Management

Implement a review process that includes input from customers and peers. Also, add a component to the review process that allows employees to safely provide HR with input in regards to concerns with management.