Jack Henry & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Henry & Associates CEO David Foss
David Foss

Pros
  • Managers are considerate of family and personal needs - great work-life balance (in 48 reviews)

• Able to work from home in most departments (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • This is especially so when the upper management is in a different location (in 17 reviews)

• No work life balance, teamwork in the department is more work than team (in 9 reviews)

"Great company to work for, bring new ideas and expect great results."

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Springfield, MO

Pros

The company has a relaxed atmosphere, opportunities to advance and grow professionally. Telecommuting is becoming part of the culture. Flexibility with work environments and styles. The lunchroom is awesome and the company provides great benefits, time off and paid holidays. I like that we work together as a unit.

Cons

Lack of resources for specific areas. There are no incentives to work more or less. It would be nice to see something implemented that will spur on creativity and get employees thinking about how they can change the company and keep it moving forward.

Advice to Management

Keep things competitive so you get the best out of us. I really like working here, but it would be nice to have more of a personal contact with most management.

"Anyone who gripes about working here hasn't worked many other places."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The pay is fair, the benefits are excellent, senior management is sharp, and I get everything I need to do my job. Maybe even more important than that is that I believe senior management truly cares at a personal level about every employee. This really came through last year when the company made the decision not to lay anyone off. Sometimes I hear other employees complaining about this or that, and all it tells me is that they haven't worked for any of the truly crappy companies I have. JHA rocks!

Cons

Maybe more travel than I'd care for, but it's really no big deal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Puts their clients first"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Pros

The quality of customer care is never sacrificed even when tough budget decisions roll around. This leads to happy customers which leads to good business. We all want to be apart of a business that is a leader in their field for all the right reasons.

Cons

We are in an industry that is not seeing a lot of growth

Advice to Management

Don't be listening to any New York investment bankers.

"Have Been a Life Enabler"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

Pros

They have treated everyone from the top down with respect. The Senior Management actually cares about the lives of everyone at the company and makes decisions knowing that it will effect people and their lives. For example instead of layoffs when the economy went bad, they did a sliding pay cut. The executives took 10% pay cut, then 7% for the next bracket, then 5% etc.

Think about that for a second. That is even better then a flat % cut across the board for everyone. That is what I mean they care about people.

Cons

They have made some acquisitions over the last few years and while I love the companies they have bought, it has been a challenge getting everyone to play on the same team sometimes.

Advice to Management

Never forget that your decisions can upend your employees lives overnight. Think about that with ever decision you make because you have happy people working for you everywhere. I never want that to change!

5. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Monett, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Monett, MO

Pros

Senior Management understands both business and the people that make it move.

Cons

The job can demand long hours, but as is such in all IT roles.

"The best company I have ever worked with or for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

Pros

Great ethics. Good management. Fairness and openness. Employees are treated with respect. At least in my experience, there is above average consideration of work/life balance.

Cons

At least in Monett, the salary scale is somewhat disappointing but that is understandable given the location. It is at least comparable for the area.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are currently doing.

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

Pros

Jack Henry works very hard at creating a pleasant work environment for it's employees. The companies founders believed that valuing their employees was a top priority and the company seems to strive very hard to keep this philosophy in place, dispite growing pains. Employee opinions are sought and valued, as shown by the variety of avenues the company provides to voice ideas and complaints directly to upper management. Compensation packages are excellent as well. Overall, JHA is truly is a great company to work for.

Cons

While upper management makes a great deal of effort to show employees they are valued, mid- level management seems less inclined to pursue these same ideals. In addition, the good ole boy "I'm promoting you because we hang out together on the weekends" is still very much alive within some departments of the company. Managing people is about motivating your employees to give their best and making sure the company'svalues are adopted throughout ALL the ranks. Crunching numbers and meeting budgets is only part of what it takes to be a good manager. Acknowledging accomplishments, from simple pats on the back to promoting individuals fairly, based solely on knowledge and accomplishments is a great motivator. Being able to truly understand your employees needs and show empathy to them further promotes the "valued employee" company focus. JHA' s mid-level management misses the mark in this area.

Advice to Management

Take more of an active interest in how mid-level management is managing your people. Make sure that your company values are honored and promoted at all levels.

"Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great; low employee cost for health insurance, 19 days PTO/year, Flexible work schedule and remote work

Cons

Office environment is noisy, close quarters cubicles without sound reduction makes it difficult to concentrate

"Coming to work at Jack Henry was the best decision I ever made. The people the run this company are the best."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Great benefits as well as awesome people to work with

Cons

From my experience in working with other companies, this one is hands down the best. No complaints here

"Great company and culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Many opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

The company is very spread out and comprised of many separate business units. It's tough to know what all the other groups are doing.