Jack in the Box Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.2
Leonard A. Comma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working in a fast paced environment (i consider that fun) (in 32 reviews)

• 8 of free food every shift, you get to tell people what to do as well (in 30 reviews)

Cons

"Don't work in conditions you don't need to subject yourself to."

Current Employee - Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

There are no alluring reasons

Cons

Too fast paced. Shift Leaders think they are much better then employees. No compliments, but lots of nagging.

Advice to Management

Lets loosen up a whole lot. This is only fast food.

"Jack In The Box - Some Money Is Better Than No Money But Not Much More!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Service Person in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Service Person in Kansas City, MO

Pros

I can make some money now for school. Thats it. I hate the job but it works around my school hours and some money is better than no money. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do this job. Cook the food and serve the food.

Cons

If you have no college education, and the current manager choses to retire just maybe you can make enough money to live like a normal person. It is always who you know than you work capabilities that get you into management positions in this company.

Advice to Management

How can you sleep at night paying your help such low wages knowing that they do all the work for you to have those big bucks!!!!

3. "Working at Jack"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Pacoima, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Pacoima, CA

Pros

You actually get your full 40 hours a week if your looking for a quick job that gives work.

Cons

Management is awful, customers not taken serious, job not taken serious and its a dirty environment.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

"It was a bad roller coaster I wanted to get off!"

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Years ago they had focus and cared about management teams. Pension to everyone including crew.

Cons

You're just a number to them. Everyday our focus changes. Nobody now's who's going to be the next boss. I had 4 in the last 2 years. Now they are all worried about their jobs everyone is in a panic. Stabbing each other in the back trying to hold on to their jobs. The names are changing daily in the white castle. Ex Exxon Oil managers are in charge of the company and selling it off to the franchise.

Advice to Management

Run! You'll never know which way is up!!!

"This company does not care about employees who have worked hard and delivered results"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The people I worked with.

Cons

Senior management is the worst. The good folks were forced to retire and the remaining folks only care about their stock options and big salaries. They claim to have care and respect for their employees but at the end of the day they use you and let you go. It used to be a great place to work -- not anymore.

Advice to Management

The company is now a good old boys club. Linda is not a leader. It is sad how the company has changed. There are many long term employees who are let go because they are older and make more money. The approach now is to replace these employees who lower cost younger folks.

"lets just say its an expletive word"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wylie, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wylie, TX

Pros

the co-workers are ok, well some are, and some management are ok depending on the resturant...

Cons

Being penalized for being sick, such as having hours cut while you are in the midst of training for a promotion, only to be given an ultimatum on said promotion for asking for more hours 2 weeks in a row..

Management being constantly saying negative things such as "we'd fail" or putting employees down, or spreading their business through out the restaurant

Advice to Management

you get sick just like we do do not punish us for it, Talk to your workers not at them, don't spread personal information around the restaurant of another employee, actually listen to your employees when they try to tell their side of the story since there are two sides to every story

"Leadership is in the tank."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good working hours, good pay.

Cons

Quixotic leadership following will of the wisp ideas, no tribal knowledge maintained.

Advice to Management

Study your company's history. Get a better sense of the group knowledge by removing the fear of reprisal when comments don't follow the required party line. Get outside of your clique of yes men and women. Get out of your office and visit the peasants occassionally without your posse.

8. "Too Dramatic, and Menacing Supervision."

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time flies - when it's a busy day, it won't be long before the shift ends. Plus, there tends to be easygoing hours, not to mention it's very quick to catch up on.

Cons

I'm not sure if it was the store itself, but there were so many days that it's utterly packed it would be scary. Not to mention the silly more-than-what-should-exist drama that emanated in there - the manager and the one before had such preferences/biased statements to the point all cashiers would have lack of hours, yet get still called in off-hours due to shortage. (I mean come on, what kind of manager are you if you can't even get the entire schedule fixed up nicely?) Not to mention the lines we HAVE to say in order to "have more hours"... not very pleasant in everyone's favors. Plus a waste of time.

Advice to Management

If we have a certain "time" to beat handing out orders, then don't make us say "How is our service today?" to our guests - it kills our time to hear opinions, not to mention it makes this company have a desperate image - ESPECIALLY if our actual hours LITERALLY depend on it. ONE MORE THING: for the love of customers, if you wanna keep employees, then for crying out loud, get the recorded hours right - the fact that I have to take photographic proof that I haven't been getting the proper pay for the amount of hours I REALLY have been working, not to mention having to record a document of such as well, is truly something that isn't good at all in your image. Sincerely, a very grumpy worker of a 50+tacos/hour store.

9. "The worst job I ever had...."

Current Employee - Team Member in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Team Member in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get discounts on food.

Cons

This has to be the worst job that I have every worked! It's a very high stressed and demanding job. It doesn't pay enough for the stress that I deal with there. We're always short staffed all the time and the benefits aren't that great!

"Company was once a great place to work for."

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Great gym on site
    -Cafeteria on site-unfortunately it's a Jack in the Box
    -Alternate work schedule

Cons

-Not part of the "in-crowd"
    -Ideas not taken into consideration
    -No communication from manamgement
    -Management trying to run the department without knowledge of subject
    -Employee's are just a number to executives
    -Forcing out employee's with tenure, either by position elimination or early retirement
    -People aren't helping each other anymore. Afraid they may be the next person on the chopping block. If you are part of the 'In-crowd" you don't have to worry about this.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. If you are trying to get away from the power role, then why do you let your managers and directors run amuck stomping their feet until the employee submits to their point of view. Lastly, take a serious look at that in crowd nonesense. It can really hurt a department.